lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

FIAT,
OK - losing it and falling asleep.
JAR

==============
no answers to JAR either?
you’re having a bad night tripping over yourself.
Bless

Yawn…

SO the BBC is controlled by the EU
AND
‘UK’s Department for International Development. Research and Development
AND
The BBC promoted Assad as chemical weapons killer
AND
you think our government is so squeaky clean and they haven’t given ground support for the Saudis in their bombing and subsequent mass murder of the Yemen people.
ps. the UK are working alongside the French and USA.

last bit lost me a bit are we saying the UK is supporting Saudi with the USA and france against yemen (not really what we are talking about) is the EU to blame?

Just giving you an education, son.

and they haven’t given ground support for the Saudis in their bombing and subsequent mass murder of the Yemen people.

are you saying we should not be selling weapons and support to Saudis. ??

it’s off topic but I’m trying to understand you.

Whilst he will appear on the BBC leadership debate it has been reported that Johnson is ducking out of the one on ITV. He will be “empty chaired”. Clearly his campaign team are very nervous about his tendency to gaffs. If they are, why should we trust this man with the highest office of state? Perhaps JAR as one of the Tory party members who will have a role in this might like to opine?

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

Sellibg weapons is trade.
What do you think group d support means?

Well well well. Hot off the press from a businessman turned Brexit Party MEP elect.
Enjoy it you clueless Remainers. The facts of a functionless Eu Parliament ;

Ben Habib was elected a Brexit Party MEP for London at the 2019 European Parliament election.

As I hurtled towards the big EU machine on the Eurostar from London St Pancras, I had initially intended this post-induction piece to be a light-hearted reflection on my first experiences in Brussels. The beer was good, the bureaucracy was bad – that sort of thing. But in view of the seriousness of the inherently undemocratic structures which govern the EU – and, therefore, the UK – I think it important to focus on a few things about which even eurosceptics may not be fully aware. First and foremost, the European Parliament is not able to initiate, block or repeal legislation. It may suggest amendments to legislation, but it has no authority to act like a true legislator and its suggested amendments may be ignored. Laws are proposed by the EU Commission, comprising 28 unelected representatives, one from each member state – typically retired politicians or civil servants. The ultimate approval of legislation lies with the Council of the European Union – again, an unelected body of ministers whose voting rights are based on the size and population of the countries they represent. The Council may block legislation but, since the requirement for unanimity to pass laws has been steadily replaced by qualified majority voting, even this chamber has great difficulty in acting as a check on the Commissioners. Given the power concentrated in the hands of the Commission, it may not surprise you to know that its building in Brussels is by far the largest – out of a series of very large buildings. I used to regard the EU Parliament as merely a talking shop: potentially a voice box for dissenters but with their having no ability to perform any real function. In fact, it is not even a voice box. The Parliament is structured in various groupings and unless a given group can muster a large enough membership its members/leaders get very little airtime. It is not sufficient that the system is toothless; dissenting voices are, in effect, also muzzled. So what does the Parliament and its members actually do? From what I could assess, as a new boy, close to nothing of substance. It does not even meet on a daily basis as you might expect of a national assembly. It only meets in what it calls “plenary sessions” for a few days a month, mostly in Strasbourg, not Brussels. These sessions create the trappings and appearance of a Parliament in action but the EU Parliament is functionless. This does not stop the parliamentarians from being treated with the greatest of respect by the bureaucrats who support their non-function and provided with generous packages to enable them to “fully” discharge their non-existent duties: offices in their home countries, Brussels and Strasbourg (three offices, in case you lost count); staff in their home countries and Brussels, first-class travel to and from their home countries; a fleet of diplomatic cars to ferry them between the Parliament and the station/airport; and a special travel document which signifies the MEPs’ terrific importance. It’s a gravy train so well drilled that any mediocre career politician fearful of getting a real job – and for the record I already have a job, having been in business most of my adult life – would fight tooth and nail to retain the EU Parliament. With such largesse, it is not unknown for eurosceptic MEPs to go native. You can, however, rest assured that I shall be doing no such thing!

Perhaps Mr Habib should resign in protest instead of riding the gravy train. Say what you like, but Sinn Fein stand for parliament but simply don’t take up their seats in a parliament that they regard as illegitimate.

Frog in a tree

no picture of Mercedes taxi that was a skoda…

So no denial that it is a gravy train and as I already understood “toothless” !
So it’s basically the unelected commission that actually has power … and you wonder why some call them “elite” … I don’t agree with the HoLords either so don’t bother quoting that line.

Trying to get a handle on your views here we might be in agreement…
after telling us the BBC was controlled by the EU AND UK dev agency you also said …

but of course, you think our government is so squeaky clean and they haven’t given ground support for the Saudis in their bombing and subsequent mass murder of the Yemen people.

I have some worries about supporting and selling weapons to SAUDI… If they then kill civilians the survivors are likely to be recruited by militants and guess who they blame as well as Saudi??

Is that your best reply??

just another LEAVE lie…

hes a LEAVE MEP what do you expect from these muppets and IF the BBC is controlled by the EU because 1 dept is give 5% of budget … who controls this lot… ?

Not exactly as the poster suggests though?

You lot will never accept Brexit :joy:

Sinn Fein still get paid.
I don’t see your comment on undemocratic system …and the farce of the expenditure that keeps everyone on board.
Why is that?

I can not see where the Poster mentions unanimity other than TREATY change ?? but in areas like
New Members eg TURKEY joining
and
EU ARMY eg We cant stop an EU army

it does require unanimous vote that means we can STOP either didn’t stop cheating LEAVE campaign lies though…

So you believe a campaign for remain over an MEP who gas been told how the system works.
You are in denial. Grow up you silly fool