Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

German 1930’s propaganda and politics is one thing … please don’t reference brexit and to what happened to the Jews!!!

You really are funny… with your phoney indignation… the only person who has mentioned that… is YOU!

I’ve told you before … my g grandmother escaped 1930’s Germany … I have no knowledge of her family history or relatives … don’t push it

In what? Jewish organizations in Germany are very unhappy about the rise of populism and condemn attempts of AfD to sell their anti-muslim agenda as pro-jewish.

I see AfD, french RN, Trump, BP and whatever as different instantiations of the same phenomenon. They all advertise themselves as against an elite that forgot the people or even works against the people. …and that is not something new.

If people don’t want to be reminded or see the parallels…ok, but I think they are there.

So what exactly are you doing when you replace “establishment” by “Jews” …

One of my family’s best friends was a German jew who escaped with his brother on the Kindertransport before the WW2 broke out. I am in no doubt of the worries that they have about the rise of English far-right nationalism. I also met a Californian woman of Jewish background who was similarly worried about the Nationalist/racist Groper. Her family and my family friends had lost many, many relatives in the war. You don’t need to lecture me about the dangers of nationalism. But there again, you are a “see no evil” Trump and Brexit supporter. On the grounds of anti racism I would never have been tempted to vote for either of them

Can I suggest you lay off this topic now?

Frog

I never Fuc… started it !!
His reference to the Jews was wrong … and you are the one prolonging it … my last post on the subject

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I pointed out that the slogan wants to create a division between the people and some other (smaller) group that holds the true power and works against the people.

Read again what Mr.Carpet has written not only once. People vs. establishment, people vs. parliament etc. The latter provides more material to scrutinize for historical parallels.

Isn’t it dangerous if an atmosphere is created in which people believe the parliament is against them? What’s next?

Good!

We know you didn’t Fynne… the Germans did… they invaded Poland.

“fed up with all the bullshit from the overly vocal minority …”

…and so that is why you want to kick Scotland out of the union…simply because they have a different opinion to you and your overly vocal minority?

Frog

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well Trisco the Referendum ruined my life in a number of ways. But umpteen thousands of others have been affected by this ignorant racist cult far worse than me. And you and all Brexit supporters are to blame.

IMHO,

SBK

Hi JW,

Although the Haaretz article dates back to 2014, it makes many points that are as relevant today as then. The article is written from a jewish viewpoint but it doesn’t resile from dealing with the issue of UKIP’s essential racist agenda and the need to address it. I was struck by this passage:

"Nick Lowles, the inspirational leader of anti-racism group Hope not Hate recently wrote that “we believe that UKIP is deliberately stoking up a hatred of foreigners for political gain. We recognise that not all UKIP supporters are racist and that they are supporting the party for number of reasons. But when a political party deliberately whips up an anti-immigrant frenzy by using provocative imagery and false claims, generating a climate of fear, then they must be challenged.”

A very different attitude from Fynne who, despite having a jewish great grandmother never took enough interest in her history to find out about her experience. He might have learnt something.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

Oilo,
Or alternatively it shows I can adapt and learn new skills.
Unlike Pete!
JAR😁

JAR,

I think that Pete may be older than you but he has not had any difficulties with cut and paste, unlike you. Maybe he puts you to shame?

Cheers,

Frog

can you explain.?. or is it because I keep posting LEAVE campaign posters and its embarrassing for Brexit voters…

JW hi
You are wrong - again,
Your consistency is commendable but you confirm your status as a part!
JAR :golfing_man:t2:‍♂️
PS obviously my lack of expertise with anything IT has surfaced again!
Cannot get to grips with my spell checker. I keep typing in the word I want but despite having all the right letters ‘part’ keeps appearing
Can you help please?