Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well Trisco the Referendum ruined my life in a number of ways. But umpteen thousands of others have been affected by this ignorant racist cult far worse than me. And you and all Brexit supporters are to blame.

IMHO,

SBK

Hi JW,

Although the Haaretz article dates back to 2014, it makes many points that are as relevant today as then. The article is written from a jewish viewpoint but it doesn’t resile from dealing with the issue of UKIP’s essential racist agenda and the need to address it. I was struck by this passage:

"Nick Lowles, the inspirational leader of anti-racism group Hope not Hate recently wrote that “we believe that UKIP is deliberately stoking up a hatred of foreigners for political gain. We recognise that not all UKIP supporters are racist and that they are supporting the party for number of reasons. But when a political party deliberately whips up an anti-immigrant frenzy by using provocative imagery and false claims, generating a climate of fear, then they must be challenged.”

A very different attitude from Fynne who, despite having a jewish great grandmother never took enough interest in her history to find out about her experience. He might have learnt something.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

Oilo,
Or alternatively it shows I can adapt and learn new skills.
Unlike Pete!
JAR😁

JAR,

I think that Pete may be older than you but he has not had any difficulties with cut and paste, unlike you. Maybe he puts you to shame?

Cheers,

Frog

can you explain.?. or is it because I keep posting LEAVE campaign posters and its embarrassing for Brexit voters…

JW hi
You are wrong - again,
Your consistency is commendable but you confirm your status as a part!
JAR :golfing_man:t2:‍♂️
PS obviously my lack of expertise with anything IT has surfaced again!
Cannot get to grips with my spell checker. I keep typing in the word I want but despite having all the right letters ‘part’ keeps appearing
Can you help please?

Unfortunately, JAR, lacking basic ICT skills is more common among older Brexiters than Remainers as exemplified by Pete. Its all about not keeping up.

All the best,

Frog in a tree

FIAT - hi,
Haaretz, let me think…
Isn’t that the news media that’ s pro-left / consistently liberal - so decidedly biased?
JAR​:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Maybe left but not necessarily biased. Not my regular reading matter so I couldn’t say. Are you a regular reader?

Frog

No - occasionally look at the online Jerusalem Post though.
JAR

One of Hitlers’s first moves was to shut down the German Parliament. Seems pretty topical.

Just maybe Speaker Bercow is aware of that? He is Jewish BTW (of immigrant grandparents who came here 100 years ago, original name Berkowitz).

IMHO,

SBK

Well I could introduce you to a couple of Brexit supporting guys I know who think all Muslims in the UK should be shot and blacks deported. There are thousands of such people out there. Pretty much the same sort of opinions as many Germans in the 1930s.

IMHO,

SBK

I’ve been thinking that Carpet must work hard at being wrong about everything?

His recent pronouncement about a Tory/ BP pact has crumbled already with the Tories saying that Farage & Co are not fit and proper people. Quite right but pretty weird coming from a party whose leader is a prolific liar and hypocrite.

Meanwhile, back to the very topical Jewish question. How many of them would vote for Farage?

IMHO,

SBK

Brexit Wars continue in the Tory party

Cameron is on the front pages today damning Johnson and Gove for “leaving the truth at home” during the referendum. He is scathing about Johnson for the way he is running government and for the proroguement of parliament. He is in favour of a second referendum and would vote Remain.

His mistake, of course, was to promise a referendum in the expectation that a hung parliament would result in another coalition with the LibDems who would then veto it.

All good!

Frog in a tree

FIAT - hi,
Cameron’s original (and most serious), mistake was being a liberal to@ser
JAR
Typo edited

So, in reality, is Johnson who just used Brexit as a device to get himself into Number 10 and now to keep himself there. He knows its pants but is now caught in a trap of his own making.

He’ll never be the kind of leader you crave JAR, such as Attila the Hun.

IMHO,

SBK

LibDems consider Revoke

The LibDems are to consider adopting a policy of revoking Article 50 at their conference. Personally I think that offering a policy for a second referendum with a campaign for Remain would be better as the decision needs to be one that has the approval of the electorate.

Frog in a tree

Remain polling “remains” steady…

…keeping a 6% lead over Leave. This is why Johnson is trying to bulldoze Brexit through.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/?removed

Frog in a tree

dont forget
EU ATAD is now law and must be enforced in Jan 2020 so Bojo needs a NO DEAL by 31st of Oct or this lot have to start explaining what little offshore islands have their bank accounts and investments etc

eg smelly stuff hits fans