Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

Seems frog is on a mission to build a banning case. No wonder this board has so few on it

Not a chance. The UK is more likely to fall apart. Scotland Ref2 and NI voting for unification -their Remain majority having been betrayed by the DUP gangsters. Plus an exacerbated North South divide in England as conditions worsen still in the old industrial towns.

The above will not come about immediately as we will be in the EU in reality for at least 2 more years, just without any power in it. And hopefully we Remainers can sabotage it anyway.

IMHO,

SBK

Beans,

You should know that stats, however impressive, don’t always represent the bigger reality. According to the ONS who compiles them, even if a person works 1 hour a week, they are now classified as employed. Meanwhile, myriads of unfortunates out of work who are carers or have been sanctioned, are no longer classified as unemployed. Is that a fair representation of reality?

Also, much of the better economic data can be explained by UK’s warehouses full of record levels of stock-piled products in preparation for No-Deal.

Neutral view: if anyone makes a strong claim with conviction & then they’re asked a question to explain, it seems basic etiquette to answer, not evade answering by asking yet more questions. :wink: - GL

Very true. It’s why I dont know why they insist on stats here to back up remain case.

I answers with honesty. Said I dont know. Not smart on it. Then asked the question.

All any of us should care about is the next profit. And that aint in the public data.

You’re not similar to anyone. Nobody posts 100 posts a day. It’s nothing to do with Remain or Leaver. It’s about your chronic need for attention. Everyone knows you’re Last Call. The sad fact is, even with 40 posts a day, people would have indulged you. 100 posts day and your attention seeking behaviour gives you away.

Beans,

I too don’t know as the issue & longer-term repercussion are too complex for my limited knowledge. FWIW, I was always an uncertain, then later a remorseful, Brexit voter. However, I do increasingly listen to what others, for eg. many in the wider world of UK business, are saying loud & clear. It concerns me that according to their best forecasts of what a No-Deal could entail, for many their costs will increase & will need to be passed onto customers or result in job losses.

As you know, UKX rallied strongly in 2018 largely as Sterling collapsed & many FTSE stocks represent global businesses who register their profits in dollars.

The key question for me is, do we need this economic uncertainty & long-term, costly constitutional upheaval? In view of the intellectual weakness behind many a Brexiteer’s argument, I think not.

To clarify, I misguidedly & reluctantly voted Brexit at a time when all polls, pundits & bookies had Brexit as losing by a significant margin. In that climate, I wanted to register a vote against the EC not having greater accountability with the wider electorate & to give the profoundly smug Cameron greater self-doubt. How stupid can one be? I own up without excuse. - GL.

Yes its also about Some not all Brexiters just trying to save face ashamed of being conned into voting for a farce.

I don’t listen much to the business world. They said a leave vote would be detrimental yet most of their shares up 20-80%.

They say it. But when they don’t get what they want, adapt fast. Well if share Price is anything to go by.

@macbonzo

Another 200 on the way. Ready? Ask your coach to dissect it. Seen as you cant make up your own mind

The reason he can post 100 a day is he does no research or thinking, just posts empty thoughts from his empty head… No point in engaging

100 posts a day. Free thinker. Don’t need to be spoonfed garbage to regurgitate it here.

A blatant lie. You’re right, you’re not very smart.

You just proved my point below last reply to you today…

The reason he can post 100 a day is he does no research or thinking, just posts empty thoughts from his empty head… No point in engaging

Blatant ignorance. Your right. I’m pretty stupid engaging

I thought you didn’t vote and you said that you would ‘reluctantly’ vote Leave in a 2nd vote. So either you’re changing your tune or I misremembered (I cannot be asked to trawl through the hundreds of posts you’ve made in the last 2 days).

Are you playing games?

You don’t have to vote to win. I just agreed with the majority position. Hence win

You can’t tell the difference between unemployment and employment.

School tomorrow. Ask your teachers about it.

Earwig claims no record low unemployment figures. Schooled in Brussels

You can post a million times a day if you want…it’s a free world currently, but once you have opposing views or do not agree with the puppet master he will associate you with a known banned user to try and discredit your point of view, He is only interested in having Leave supporters banned to shut down the debate.
I’ve reported him for labelling me as someone else , will await ii admins feedback, but would suggest you do the same.