Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

Let’s hope so Pete running away isn’t always the answer a true hero that saved lives

Apart from the 13 year old girl he murdered in 2004… yep.

Defo in the latter case… the Police would need to advise on their rules of engagement on the rest.

Old_Eyes - good morning

I think it’s a bit more specific than that. If possible, the suspect will be shot in the head - they die quicker and have less time to detonate the device.
JAR

Closing line:
“The “lock ’em up and throw away the key” battle cry may suit a panicked politician in the middle of a general election campaign, but it isn’t going to keep us safe from another Usman Khan.”
eh? wtf? The one thing that’s 100% certain is that locking that nutter up and throwing away the key in 2012 would have kept those two kids safe.

Isn’t it pointless treating religious terrorism (or any other extremism) as though it were just another crime, to be slotted into the standard sentencing rule books and regarded as something that’ll respond to rationalism?

As a parade of experts have testified today, we can never know if a supposed deradicalisation is genuine or not, especially as islamists teach taqqiya to adherents. So perhaps Violent jihadists (and any other extremism) should be treated as though it were a mental illness and thus fall into the whole ‘detained at Her Maj’s pleasure’ regime and so forth. Build a nutterdome out on Exmoor, send all the nutters there with a phalanx of shrinks & mindbenders, and at least keep the poison out of the prison system.

The one thing the French have learned - and they are a couple of years ahead of us in all these matters, so we can benefit from their mistakes - is that letting any islamist have contact with any ‘normals’ is disastrous. Gove was right to decree that jail apartheid is needed; just a pity HMG has done so little to achieve it.

It’s so obvious.

I’d argue the same for sexual crimes.

As one expert testified, the standard operating procedure would have been to search this guy before he left for London, search him on arrival in London and at the venue. Never to trust him at any given time.

However, Tory cuts removed the experts that allowed these procedures to be put in place.

And what if a guy murders a 13-year old impaired girl… not a sexual crime though… what should happen to him?

Ie. like the chap fighting the Muslim guy on London Bridge who served 15 years and out…

Sounds like the sort of crime, where the perpetrator shouldn’t see the light of day. The fact that he helped bring the terrorist down, shouldn’t redeem him. But then, had neither been released we wouldn’t have had this situation.

Right @Trisco

Except one had murdered someone previously… the other hadn’t.

But it was you who was happily agreeing with:

Isn’t it pointless treating religious terrorism (or any other extremism) as though it were just another crime, to be slotted into the standard sentencing rule books and regarded as something that’ll respond to rationalism?

So if you agree with the above then you also agree that other murders should be released earlier because they weren’t “religious terrorists”.

JW have you any links to this ?

yes and a bit sick for Bojo to come out as Tough on Terror now against the wishes of the victims family when his Government has been in power for almost a decade and done nothing but cuts…

and not much to do with the EU

12 terror attacks in the UK since 2005. Of the 19 known attackers 14 were British and ZERO entered the country using freedom of movement.

Except one was found guilty, of attempting to blow up the London Stock Exchange causing untold murder.

Where have I mentioned the EU, or immigration?

you didn’t I was just adding a point that the Tories use this to garner support against the EU…

The reason I was saying people should be cautious about what happened and whether this was a “terrorist” incident is that he was he was attending a conference for prisoner rehabilitation at the Hall… plenty of newly released and soon to be released cons there… including a certain James Ford (look him up) who murdered an impaired girl and served just 15 years… before people started singing his praises for fighting a Muslim guy.

Like I said… one was a child murderer… the other hadn’t murdered anyone.

He was convicted by the way of supposedly planning to set off bombs at the London Stock Exchange and also at pubs around Stoke.

I guess that the 2 people murdered in the Hall @ London Bridge have now taken the number of killings in London to 132… same as was recorded last year.
Still a month to go to get the record.

Law and Order under the Tory Government not really in a great state is it?

Ie. like the chap fighting the Muslim guy on London Bridge who served 15 years and out…

JW Are you talking about the Polish guy who was working in the kitchen and came out and fought the terrorist being a child killer or someone else…
Ive had a bit of stomach flu might have missed something

Hi Pete,

Not the Polish-born chef Lukasz, but a guy called James Ford. A bit of confusion from a few here about who JW refers to. For those interested in who he is & what he did:

Exactly Jack. Sorry if that was unclear.
And Lukasz has now been arrested and is in process of being deported for carrying an offensive tusk.