Menu
Close

Everyday

lse:lloy

“Under a temporary scheme…It would mean 82% of imports from the EU would be tariff-free, down from 100% now, while 92% percent of imports from the rest of the world would pay no border duty, up from 56%…Tariffs would be maintained to protect some industries, including agriculture. Beef, lamb, poultry and some dairy imports would be protected.”

Everyday…

…we hear from industry how this disheveled and chaotic government’s Brexit policies will harm our business community.

From the BBC News website:

"Carmaker Ford, which employs 13,000 in the UK, is urging the government to avoid a no-deal Brexit so that the tariff regime unveiled earlier does not need to be implemented.

“It is very disappointing that the UK government should unveil its planned automotive tariffs in the event of a no-deal Brexit without any prior consultation with the industry," Ford said.

"These tariffs would deal a devastating blow to much of the complex and integrated automotive industry, and would damage the competitiveness of Ford’s engine manufacturing in the UK.

"This is why it is imperative that a no-deal, hard Brexit is ruled out as soon as possible to avoid the imposition of such a draconian tariff regime on a large part of the UK auto industry.

"We sincerely hope that political differences will now be set aside, and that politicians will work together to avoid the country leaving the EU without a deal on March 29. Any deal must guarantee the principles of tariff free and frictionless trade.”

Frog in a tree

More charges to add to Failing Grayling’s account.

Cheers,

Frog

Everyday…

…we see the evidence of how Elderly Brextremists have taken over the Conservative party driving out moderates who best represent mainstream opinion. Today’s victim is Nick Boles:

Boles has resigned from his constituency party but wants to retain the Tory whip. He ought to go the whole hog and join the Independent Group.

In truth those that drove Boles out are the Tory equivalents of Momentum. Truly our politics is in a lamentable state.

Frog in a tree

Everyday…

…has joined the 20K club, along with Brexit Wars 3. Keeping these message boards alive!

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s ok. Brexit Wars 4 open. Would appreciate if you stop accusing so many people of being something else. Your probably causing all the flags frog

yes I noticed that it shows what Verbal diahorrea can do…

From experience?

Caused by Beans obviously//

Good one haha

Last-Call-For-Dinner now up to 135 post in 24 hours.

Frog

seriously If you think that getting the last word on these boards is some kind of win and your happy to spend huge amount of your time doing it you will be able to…
but not much point to it, most of us come on to debate, sometimes gets a little over active but we are researching and bringing up info from various sources to make our points.

We seem to haunted by the ghost of LastCall…now there’s something I wasn’t expecting :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No flags from me…honest!

I must try find him. Seems infamous .

I see broadmore1 is back on brexitwars4ever board. This the same one that’s famous ?

BfD, perhaps it’s just coincidence…if it is then I apologise. But there seems to be a pattern that is eerily similar to LastCall. He appeared from nowhere and started bombarding threads with posts. Then after a while those threads started to get suspended from excessive flagging (something that I haven’t seen before he appeared or since he left).

You do seem to be less aggressive than LastCall though.

Perhaps the very mention of his name has caused an eruption of unnecessary flagging and it’s nothing to do with you.

BTW I suspect that LastCall may have been banned because he abused the flagging process (but of course I cannot be sure)…what do you think? :wink:

I would think if last-calls nature is as stated, he/she would want to be posting instead of flagging and locking threads.

Posting is better than flagging…I try not to flag unless I feel that someone has crossed a line (abuse, racism, deliberately spreading fake news, threatening behaviour, being a fan of Liam Fox…things like that :face_with_monocle:)

Absolutely agree. A ridiculous way to try silence person(s) .

Rest assured , by the sounds of it, this last call would be anti flags. Be shutting himself up haha