Menu
Close

Everyday

lse:lloy

Clever people don’t believe the Tory lies…

Seriously :joy:

Oh look… it’s that chap who didn’t want to be addressed… the other chap with a yacht.
Welcome back.

Still making use of your EU privileges before they disappear?

BBC 1/2 apology for removing laughter on Bojo question time a few week after they doctored clip with the wreath…
something seriously wrong

It is not a privilege of the “EU” … quite how people manage to live within “EUROPE” or outside the “EU” must be a mystery to you.
Or are just bitter being trapped inside your little central (gas) heated shell?
Countries existed thousands of years before the “EU” yet now we can’t exist without their overriding control.
I have Greek citizenship and property… you think they’re going to kick people like me out???

Seriously … get a life and stop being so bitter !!

Becoming a Greek citizen for you was made a lot easier by being a national of an EU Member State though wasn’t it? You made use of that privilege.
And that ease is something you have chosen to deny to other UK citizens.

Is it me, or but did Elon get his 5 year old nephew to design the ‘truck’?

I suppose it was just a matter of time.

what did he say about this… and why are they all spending so much energy attacking labour if he polls are right…

I suspect it may be a case of ‘revenge is a dish best served cold’…although more likely he thinks anything is better than having Corbyn in No. 10…even a Johnson government & Brexit…possibly a hard Brexit next December.

Corbyn was warned that he needed to do more on anti-semitism within Labour…it looks like some people think he didn’t go far enough and hold a bit of a grudge.

The Chief Rabbi’s intervention isn’t going to be a shock to most voters…but it could reinforce what they think of Corbyn…but I doubt it will have much of an impact on his ‘popularity’ numbers in the polls.

Its greatest impact will be within the Labour party hierarchy. I think it pretty much guarantees Corbyn will be gone if he doesn’t pull off a miracle in this election now and he’ll take many of his closest supporters with him, back to the political wilderness from whence they came.

The fact the Chief Rabbi can make an attack like this during an election just underlines the lack of leadership qualities of Corbyn.

It is no surprise at all. He has a lot to say in support of Israel all the time.
This is all about Israel and Palestine and zip to do with any discrimination of Jews in the UK.

Or…Corbyn will have someone (or a group of people) who he will blame for his defeat in the GE. The Left wing of Labour will not release their grip on power within the Labour party & Momentum…to think they will give up on power may be wishful thinking. Indeed they may get more extreme.

They will if they even half believe the accusations of the chief rabbi that there is basically an anti-semite conspiracy within the left wing of Labour and his allegation that it goes all the way to the top.

Not sure how he can quite get away with such language during an election when providing no evidence, frankly.

I doubt it will have much resonance amongst voters, but it will cause (more) disunity within the Labour party despite other jewish leaders refuting much of what he says - while other back his words and refer to a ludicrous poll about 47% of jews considering fleeing the country if Corbyn gets power being bandied about on the BBC as well.

A concerted and planned political attack at a time of national crisis that doesn’t appear justified to me and unfortunately has drowned out the far more sensible words of former Tory deputy P.M. Heseltine encouraging voters to do what they can to prevent a Johnson government.

I also wonder what muslim people are thinking to the apparent disproportionate levels of media coverage this is getting too. I’m sure far more of them ‘feel anxiety every day’ in the current political climate, but apparently don’t have the same sort of political organisational savvy to get their issues aired in the media at the same level.

I would have ‘hoped’ that Republicans & Trump supporters (especially women) would have turned against Hair Trump after his ‘Pussy grabbing’ comments in 2016…they didn’t!!

As you say, ludicrous.

I suspect 47% of Remainers would ‘consider’ leaving the UK if Brexit actually happens (without a confirmatory referendum)…what people say & what they do are ‘often’ totally different (IMO).

Absolutely.
This is entirely coordinated and timed.

I do find it peculiar how a Chief Rabbi in the UK is all of a sudden treated as the voice of God.

Here’s an extract from a letter by Robert Cohen from 4 years back to the Chief Rabbi which is quite revealing:

Well, who am I to disagree? After all, you are the Chief Rabbi and your Jewish education far exceeds mine.

Judaism, Zionism, the modern State of Israel – it’s all one thing, all one natural continuum. This is our heritage. This is the faith of our people as it has been handed down to us.

In the past, I’d mistakenly tried to separate Judaism from the consequences of Zionism. I wanted Judaism to be pure, untainted by atrocity.

But how can that be if you are right?

source: https://mondoweiss.net/2016/05/rabbi-judaism-blame/amp/

It reminds me of a survey at Oxford Uni when more than 80% of respondents said they had been raped in their first year at Uni.

If the sample surveyed is sophisticated enough they will often give the answers they believe will result in issues being aired they feel are important (I know I do), and occasionally you end up with ridiculous numbers like this - which should never see the light of day on the BBc, frankly,

Quite. So the extremists will have us believe.

I once wrote a book I like to call the Holy Bibble. If you read that book it is apparent that my ancestors spake unto bog who granted them the wealth of the USA in perpetuity.

I’m starting a crowd funding campaign to sue for my rightful heritage, as set down in black and white, so it must be true. I’ll settle for California (with its debts forgiven).

Well… these are the words of the Chief Rabbi talking about Zionism :

“…a noble and integral part of Judaism”.
“…one of the axioms of Jewish belief”.
“…one can no more separate it from Judaism than separate the City of London from Great Britain.”

… from one of the many previous times he was taking part in politics to slag off the Labour Party…

source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/03/ken-livingstone-and-the-hard-left-are-spreading-the-insidious-vi/

This is at the heart of the current issues.
What some are referring to as antisemitism is simply about Israeli aggression and expansion taking over land that they do not own.

Thank heavens some politicians aren’t afraid to confront that.

I’m sure it is.

I am as sure as I can be without evidence, of which I am equally sure there is none, that this attack on Corbyn and Labour at this time can be traced back to agencies directly or indirectly acting on behalf of the Israeli state. There is a certain organisation and pattern to it that one comes to recognise when one has been a victim of it oneself.

I’m also sure that Corbyn’s unfortunate lack of leadership qualities has left him open to such an attack and it was likely to come at a time when it was judged it would do him the most harm politically.

The whole antisemitism thing should have been killed stone dead a long time ago and would have been by a natural leader.

IMHO

Eadwig