Menu
Close

Everyday

lse:lloy

I’m sorry to hear that…when were you diagnosed?

Govt or Politicians have absolutely no control over the expenses and or funding.

Its a myth that any govt specially UK can help people or conserve money and/or allocate provisions.

So with all the good will and nicer policies, its a fake show

Hi BA,

Did you post this on the wrong thread?

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

What have the EU ever done for us?

Answer: Got rid of tamper proof screws (presumably)

Made sure that whenever you bought an electrical product it was ready to plug in and go. Remember the days when you had to find a plug, fuse it correctly and fit it to the lead? What nonsense that was.

Everyday…

…more news of Brexit devastation falls on us.

Nissan will review its decision to build the Qashqai sport utility vehicle at its Sunderland plant if Britain leaves the EU without a deal, according to a report on the FT. The move could prompt the eventual closure of the site, the paper says. The Japanese carmaker pledged in November 2016 to build the SUV in the UK, safeguarding thousands of jobs. But following last year’s ousting of chairman Carlos Ghosn and a collapse in profits, Nissan has undertaken a global review that makes the Sunderland plant vulnerable to downsizing or closure. Nissan said: “We are still waiting for clarity on what the future trading relationship between the UK and the EU will look like."

The good people of Sunderland voted Leave. I bet a lot of them are regretting it now!

Frog in a tree

Everyday…

…the EU improves standards across Europe.

Even if we do Brexit our manufacturers will have to comply with this if they want to export into the EU.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

Does the UK actually manufacture any appliances? I can’t think of any that have ‘made in Great Britain’ on them.

What has this specifically to do with Brexit?

ANY manufacturer worldwide will be required to comply with this directive to the extent necessary to be able to continue to export their goods to the EU.

After we have left the EU we will be free to allow goods into the UK that do not comply (i.e. continue with the current status quo), but we will also be free to adopt a similar directive for imported goods should we find that it is a good idea. This freedom will have been taken away if we remain in the EU.

Just because a directive is being implemented by the EU does not guarantee that it is adequately and properly formulated, or is even practical and meaningful.

Another BoJo pork pie?!

£10.9 billion over 52 weeks equates to £209.6m weekly…it really wasn’t that difficult to work out!! :wink:

“…asked whether an interim government could be led by anyone other than Mr Corbyn, the official leader of the opposition, Mr McDonnell said: “No, the rules are the rules.” …”
################################################################
I’m not sure what rule Mr McDonnell is referring to…‘perhaps’ it’s Jeremy’s rule!!

According to the above flowchart the ‘New PM could be leader of the opposition or any other MP’…perhaps Mr McDonnell has a different flowchart. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Or… more likely… if… we leave the EU… then we will be free to allow in US goods that won’t be easier to repair, won’t be longer lasting and will break down just out of warranty.
We will be free… to be in a race to the bottom in standards and quality.

They’d also need to agree who would fill all the other ministerial posts.
I can’t see that happening if they can’t all agree on a PM… and good… because I want to see Johnson either backtrack or resign. I don’t believe for one moment that they have some trick to force us out at end of October.

No. We will be free to import the things that we currently import, so there will be no change from where we are now! The current EU plans do not appear to be particularly good, since you will have to pay somebody to make the repairs (at vast expense), you will not be able to do so yourself.

We will be able to make our own rules, such as making sure that spare parts are available to retail customers. I suggest you actually read the article, since you will see that several US states are considering similar rules, but I suspect they will be better thought out than the proposed EU rules.

If companies want to sell into EU states then they will have to follow the new EU rules.
Once the UK has left… then companies don’t have to follow the rules to sell into the UK (assuming UK didn’t adopt those rules nationally.
I agree that some US states have similar rules… but not all… so when the US FTA happens… we could be swamped with US goods that don’t have to follow those rules ie. a lowering of standards.

If that did happen we would not be able to export to the EU as we would have sub standard equipment

I suspect this is not the last time we will see Rory Stewart involved in UK politics…he has a refreshing knack of cutting through the political BS and telling people the truth (as he sees it).

Those who are leaving might just escape the wrath

I want peace to prevail
6 Nuclear countries are actively engaged amongst each other or with someone else with financial inequality highest ever.

Bit of a stretch I know but thought I’d share my unease

BrownA, are you trying to write something intelligible?..it doesn’t make any sense to me.

Is it a Times crossword clue? How many letters?