Menu
Close

Everyday

lse:lloy

If you are lumping fundamentalist religion-driven hate crime, into RW threats, then yes it’s undoubtedly the biggest threat. And it’s probably the biggest threat, within that threat.

Threats.

I am personally. But just to be clear, the security report (I’ll try and get a link when I get a moment) sees traditional right wing (nationalist, supremacist etc) as the biggest single threat now.

That’s plainly wrong. If it was a planned terrorist attack then the perpetrator would be treated differently by the courts…and by the security services.

@Trisco

Best I can do at the moment. this is a month old - but there was a warning released, possibly by MI5 (?), just in the last day or two which underlined this warning from the police and said it was the larger threat at this time.

Plainly wrong to you, and that is your opinion to which you are entitled. Mine, is that if anyone goes on a shooting spree (like they do in the States), or blows themselves up, with a specific aim to kill and injure innocent people, has some form of mental illness.

IMHO.

Thanks. I will read at some point.

Nice chatting with you two - but work goes on…

Have a good day the pair of you. (@oilovlam & @Eadwig)

It makes me think the UK Political class don’t understand how the interweb works…and ‘probably’ explains why ‘almost’ every government computer system goes massively over budget and/or doesn’t actually work…they don’t know what they are doing.

Looking at the archaic way they vote - physically having to walk through a lobby - perhaps they still use quills & vellum parchment…Oh they do still use vellum!? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

In a way, the UK will get ‘special’ treatment re: US trade deal… because being outside of the EU we will have hugely less bargaining power… and will this end up with a worse deal than if we’d stayed in the world’s largest trading bloc.
The US will be rubbing their hands together… no wonder the Trump Administration wants to see us out of the EU.

Another one bites the dust!

Good riddance… another waste of space.

The article didn’t say that she was facing potential deselection and that several wards had voted to see the back of her.

“The DUP said it would continue to work with the government to try to get a “sensible” deal.”
#############################################################################
‘The tail wagging the dog’!!

the EU countries must be laughing their heads off…

JW - hi

Does that mean that you support the antisemitism in the Labour Party then?
JAR
PS Or still conclude it doesn’t exist?

I don’t support any form of racism whether it be in any political Party or organisation… or elsewhere.
I’m sure you’ve asked me that before and got the same answer.
I don’t know whether it exists or not but I’m sure that in any large company or institution that there will be some… we have some of those on this very board after all.

The issue with antisemitism is that people now report any criticism of Israeli Government policy as antisemitism (I have experienced it myself when merely informing someone of the Two State solution!).
What the particular issues are with either certain MPs in the Labour Party or supporters on social media eg. twittersphere is difficult to gauge as we don’t get any real breakdown of what is being said or by who.
It isn’t hard to announce yourself as a member of Party X, then post a load of insults/racist material though is it?
I’d be very interested to see what proven criminal cases result from all this… given that race hatred is a crime.

Maybe Louise Ellman (after 55 years ), knows a bit more than you (or I)?
JAR
:innocent:

Well I would be interested if she reported to all what she has received/read/been sent though post etc.
We will probably find that she received 100 mails a day of abuse… some racist, some not… plus tweets she reads from unknown people will be racist/some not. She won’t have a clue whether they are Labour Party members or not… or even whether those people exist outsiode the internet.

I would be amazed if she reports that fellow Labour MPs have made insulting remarks to her about being Jewish.

By the way, re: racism… separate to politics
You see that Uefa now have a 3-step protocol to tackling racist abuse by fans(?)
The Bulgaria v England match was the first outing for these I believe.

They can end up with the match being abandoned.
Now, how does that work? Given the large amounts being gambled on matches… how hard is it to get a group of people to deliberately get an important match abandoned thus affecting what teams (not necessarily those playing) may qualify or not in such tournaments?
Seems to me that we are entering dangerous territory with these things that is bound to backfire big time at some point.

JW - hi

Yes EUFA have a 3-stage ‘protocol’.
I watched the match and the referee went through the first two stages but even though the racist chanting continued he baulked at abandoning the match. I suspect he was under pressure from the EUFA official not to do so
The only way this will be addressed properly is for the players to walk off. It’s coming soon
JAR

But what then happens when outside interests manipulate the situation (for financial gain) to deliberately either get a match abandoned or awarded to the team that obeyed the rules by staying on the pitch?
You only need a handful of people to shout racist abuse at a match to make this happen…