Menu
Close

Hurricane's Future Prospects?

lse:hur

Hello Albi 1,

I agree with your previous post regarding a new topic. However, would prefer to call it an additional topic to create a wider range of views and opinions on Hurricane. I think we are all agreed that the hook up is now behind us and the next occurrence is clearly first oil.

But looking to the future there are many issues that need to be raised, discussed and answered so that a clear picture emerges of where Hurricane is heading to assist the prudent investor.

It’s been said that the success of the hook up has not been reflected in the share price. We had a quick jump in the s p to c52p and then a retrace to today’s closing price. Perhaps the hook up was factored into the s p and today’s fall is due to profit taking. Are these genuine reasons or excuses?

How will the share price react to first oil and will any substantial gains be sold into?

What will be the significance of a successful three well campaign on the GWA?

When will a successful drill on the GWA be connected to the A M?

Assuming the EPS on Lancaster is successful when will a third producing well be drilled?

Will Hurricane farm down Lancaster and / or one or more of it’s other 100% owned assets?

When will a serious bid come in for Hurricane? At what price? What will the B o D’s reaction be? What is Kerogen’s position regarding a hostile bid?

Edison are bullish about Hurricane’s future and have given the EPS a 100% chance of success. Their latest note has a current target price of 102.80p.

https://www.edisongroup.com/company/hurricane-energy/2150/

It’s now nearly five years since I first invested in Hurricane and all the pieces of the jig saw are now starting to come together. I reckon the final piece of the jigsaw will be when a successful bid comes in from B P. At what price? To quote an old radio panel game " I’m sorry I haven’t a clue."

Carliol

Except that Dr T will sell only when the projected value of the self financed (i.e. reinvested cash flow) development of Lancaster etc is less than any bid, otherwise he would be in danger of underselling and why would he run that risk when he is enjoying the fruits of success with the status

Flo

@Happy_to_Learn

HTL, we are pleased to see you back on BB (‘Like’ posts, etc.). Please keep us updated from time to time, so that we do not worry unnecessarily. We have enough on our plates worrying about HUR’s SP! Kr,A. - LLV

Carliol

Good questions … I guess the answers will unfold over the coming year but interested to hear folks opinions:}

@Flossoffa
Except that Dr T will sell only when the projected value of the self financed (i.e. reinvested cash flow)

That may well be true, Floss, but Dr T’s refusal to sell at a less than favourable price will not stop a hostile takeover at what we L/THs in HUR may consider almost a ‘giveaway’. DNO’s successful Bid (vigorously opposed by the Directors) for Faroe is living proof of this. All the ‘shark Bidder’ has to do is build up a substantive to majority stake in HUR and the catch is almost guaranteed. Sure, there will be opportunities while that controlling position is being built up. There are not many who are more supportive of HUR than I am, but that’s why I have I have said to carefully watch the HUR SP movement during the run-up to FOIL. There MAY be some profits to be made by the astute Investor. Regrettably, I cannot - with any confidence - include myself in this band of Wise Men. Gonna have a go, though. Good Luck to you, whatever you do. Kr,A. - LLV

But that will either drive up the price unless it is done over a very long time and events on the ground are now moving faster than the SP, so cut the shark music. The EPS might well take several months, but we may get one or two progress reports before we get the final assessment which will hopefully confirm that we have a game changer for the UK oil supply in Lancaster and the other FB prospects

alFlo

@Flossoffa
But that will either drive up the price unless it is done over a very long time and events on the ground are now moving faster than the SP, **so cut the shark music.**

Floss, I have already said that any buying for a substantive stake build-up will indeed send the price upwards. You are repeating, so I fully agree with you. But whether the ‘shark music’ is cut or not, will not stop the orchestra from playing at an audible decibel. One should listen. On your own account, it may go on for ‘…over a very long time’. As I have also said, watch the HUR SP movement pre-FOIL. There may well be some profit to be taken there - if your reading and timing are, by circumstance, correct. I remember being very disappointed with myself (like another Poster hereon, with himself) for not taking the ‘hint’ when CA sold 25 million HUR to which I had called attention. Should have sold a substantial tranche then. But did not.

The abovementioned oversight in no way dims my faith in a LT HUR. Much too early to say - so I am certainly not complacent - but made a reasonable one this morning. And that’s a change for me, I assure you! But even a stopped 24 hr. watch will tell the correct time at least once per day. Kr,A. - LLV

Hi Everyone,

Nothing seems to be worth anything with this share. If this continues after we start to produce, I suspect we may see a cheap Chinese take-away. Maybe even sooner, although I truly hope not.

All the best.

HTL

@Happy_To_Learn
Most frustrating isn’t it, HTL? I had hoped that HUR would have given you a morale-boosting filip by way of a fat price increase by now and latest at FOIL. But as you infer, hope for best and plan for worst. Hope you are as good as can be, in the circumstances. Kr,A. - LLV

There is no way of predicting what will happen or when.
I have some shares in a mining company and after years of appraisal drilling, feasibility studies, test work, raising finance etc etc etc the big day came and they finally became a producer. The day the SP should have shot skywards.
Nothing happened.

Baffling isn’t it? Then you see a tenfold increase (and big retrace granted) in SOU. I just don’t know.

As I get older I understand less and less how the world works.

Good Evening Everyone,

I’m as disappointed and confused as everyone to see the 4.19% fall in today’s share price. It simply doesn’t make sense to see the fall following the successful hook up last week. This is the nearest Hurricane has been to first oil yet we are well below the annual high of 60.75p in Oct 2018. Although this high coincided with the poo at nearly $90.00 a barrel we are much more advanced as a company than we were then.

I’ve been having a look to see who are the main shareholders in Hurricane and I’ve found that 53% of Hurricane is owned by Institutional Investors. A close read of the following link provides some insight into the probable investment strategy of Institutional Investors. Even though the following was issued in April 2018 I reckon it’s still very relevant today.

https://simplywall.st/stocks/gb/energy/aim-hur/hurricane-energy-shares/news/who-are-hurricane-energy-plcs-lonhur-major-shareholders/

What disappoints me most about today’s fall is that Hurricane’s fundamentals have improved significantly in recent weeks. We are still on schedule for first oil in H1 2019 and we have the three well drilling programme to look forward to.

Best wishes from a confused Carliol!

Hi Hurricane watchers, [quote=“carliol, post:1, topic:1147932, full:true”]
Hello Albi 1,

I agree with your previous post regarding a new topic. However, would prefer to call it an additional topic to create a wider range of views and opinions on Hurricane. I think we are all agreed that the hook up is now behind us and the next occurrence is clearly first oil.

But looking to the future there are many issues that need to be raised, discussed and answered so that a clear picture emerges of where Hurricane is heading to assist the prudent investor.

It’s been said that the success of the hook up has not been reflected in the share price. We had a quick jump in the s p to c52p and then a retrace to today’s closing price. Perhaps the hook up was factored into the s p and today’s fall is due to profit taking. Are these genuine reasons or excuses?

How will the share price react to first oil and will any substantial gains be sold into?

Assuming the EPS on Lancaster is successful when will a third producing well be drilled?

Will Hurricane farm down Lancaster and / or one or more of it’s other 100% owned assets?

When will a serious bid come in for Hurricane? At what price? What will the B o D’s reaction be? What is Kerogen’s position regarding a hostile bid?

Edison are bullish about Hurricane’s future and have given the EPS a 100% chance of success. Their latest note has a current target price of 102.80p.

It’s now nearly five years since I first invested in Hurricane and all the pieces of the jig saw are now starting to come together. I reckon the final piece of the jigsaw will be when a successful bid comes in from B P. At what price? To quote an old radio panel game " I’m sorry I haven’t a clue."

Carliol
[/quote]

[quote=“carliol, post:1, topic:1147932, full:true”]
Hello Albi 1,

Lawson 76,
Hi Hurricane watchers,like yourselves, I am totally confused with the SP, like some other investors I also have invested in mining stock, but other than the big 2, which are BHP & RTZ have not seen much movement on what should be reasonable investments.

The only conclusion I can hold is that if the big boys are not interested then the share price of the smaller company will remain low!

Er … did you forget to edit … not sure why you reposted Carliol’s post and twice?

Hi HtL
I’m sure most will have had the same thought at one point or another. Have just been on Hurricane’s website looking at their technical library to remind me why I am invested when I could be picking up juicy dividends from alternative investments. All rests on proving up data on the EPS at the moment. I’ll give it another six months and then review my position. If it doesn’t look as though anything’s moving forward I may need to redistribute my holding so I’m not so top heavy here. For now, for me, it’s sit tight time and fingers strictly crossed.

All the best to you and all holders.

The prospects that HUR will be developing over the next decade may well result in the UK becoming self sufficient in oil. But oil exploration is expensive.

The money can be provided by more investment (diluting existing shareholders), borrowing (and paying money to banks) or re-investing the income from earlier developments as they start producing (such as Lancaster).

Retained profits is tax efficient both for the company and the investors, so the `prudent investor’ should be taking the long term view. HUR is a great share to have in a pension fund where the income will be needed in the future rather than

Floday

When I invested I thought I was taking a long-term view, but now, at almost 87, I’m
hoping to be rewarded. just a little, before I die !

Best of luck everyone K

Are you thinking of taking up an expensive

Flobby?

Or is it just wine, women and

Flong

Kookier,
IMHO not long to wait now for a cheeky bid of around 70 - 80p. The big companies do not need to react to share prices of small companies with what seem to be great prospects as they have confidence that the price will fall just as quick as it rises no matter how good the news is for the small company and knowing the larger investors would rather walk with a small profit than a loss. If you have been in this share since the 12p days like a lot on this BB then the above figure for a TO will satisfy but obviously not those that are expecting fantasy SP of ££££££,s and even if t.he HUR SP hit the £ mark it will fall off again to the bid price (if it happens) or below.

All of the above IMHO as usual with good luck to all that invest here.