Menu
Close

Lancaster Oil Production ( EPS )

lse:hur

It has been confirmed today the 7th lift will be over the weekend of 21/22 December.
Also as expected both Lancaster wells will be producing in February 2020 and we should see production rates up around the 20,000 bpd. This will add to the initial production data, can both wells now produce at sustained high levels? We should then see oil lifts every 20 days from February 2020 onwards, to confirm to us it is happening.

The tanker Stena Natalita is on her way for the offload of the FPSO this weekend.

Given the trading update stated 2019 oil sales of 2.8 million barrels and production of 3.1 mbls I would expect the next offload (8th) to be the weekend of the 10th/11th January of 450,000 + barrels.

On this point the RNS made little sense to me.

From the last off load, 23 Dec to year end they will not produce 300,000 barrels or 37,500 barrels per day, so have they part off loaded the FPSO leaving some in the tanks? This does not seem credible in any way.

I have been reading the RNS as 2.8m barrels of production in “H2 2019” and “2019 total oil” sales of 3.1m barrels. This would make sense as the first off load was in H1 2019 and was 300,000 barrels.

Ricfle, What happens to all the water that is being produced with the oil? One theory is it cleaned up on the FPSO and pumped into the sea. Another theory is the waste water is being offloaded to a tanker after separation on the FPSO, is it also possible that the oil and water mix is pumped onto the tanker to be separated at the refinery? The latter may explain some anomalies in the numbers?

No it does not.

You are suggesting that both HUR and BP do not know the difference between water and oil.

Think again.

There you go again Ricfle, I did not “suggest” any such thing.

Bobsson

You can talk as much rubbish as you like, it is your prerogative.

HUR in their RNS are talking about “OIL sales” and “OIL production”. “Anomalies in the numbers” cannot be explained by water.

Net or gross?

Have a look at Ralph post on twitter:

You will see that the oil, gas and water are separated then refined independently, so there is no “net or gross”. HUR are not selling water and BP are not buying it, end of story.

Where does the refining you refer to take place?

There will always be entrained and subsequent free water in a cargo loaded from an FPSO. As long as it’s less than 0.5% all parties are generally happy. Quantified as BS&W, this is applied to the gross volume loaded figure to produce the net figure which is what the receivers will pay for, but they also get the entrained water and any free water which drops out after loading, which they then have to dispose of.

I am getting board of this thread.

300,000 barrels (Bobsson’s anomalie) would be approx’ 10% of the 3,100,000 barrels produced or 2,800,000 barrels sold.

So yet again and from your post, the water cannot be use to explain this.

Article dated 6/1/2020 from Energy Voice, interview with Dr T, approximate production figures at date of publication of the article are given.

This data sheet regarding the Aoka Mizu FPSO seems to have been recently updated and answers my question regarding the treatment of water produced with the oil.

The oil, water and gas are separated on the FPSO, the water treated for the removal of the effluent and the water is discharged into the sea.
IMHO

“I’m getting bored of this thread”

Before you go, can you answer my query about your reference to refining?

I do apologise profusely for using the wrong word, I should have said processed not refined.

I trust you feel better after writing two completely meaningless post that only added to the confusion.

Can we now forget about HUR selling water to BP?

If HUR sold 2.8 mmbls and produced 3.1 mmbls in 2019, and will have produced around 3.5 mmbls at the time of the EV article above the AM is now holding around 700,000 barrels, it only holds 600,000 barrels. So perhaps there has been 300,000 barrels of “test” oil produced which is accounted for differently. So whichever figures you use, the AM is due an offload this weekend 11/12th Jan.

If the weather permitts?
Weather and sea conditions around Shetland area at present are quite wild

w. Yes and the stormy weather is due to continue into this weekend. So perhaps offload next week as soon as the weather calms. Hang on to your hat!

They swapped them for 5 magic beans, so it may show as a loss in the end of year accounts.

From the RNS of the 13 Dec and the EV article we know that HUR are flowing the 6 well at 14,700 barrels per day until late Jan. The last offload was the 22 Dec 2019, so to produce a further 450,000 barrels it will take 31 days approx’ so 22 Jan. I think, I will use these figures as yours assume that there are hundreds of thousands of barrels left in the FPSO after an off load.

For clarity, I am no expert on FPSO’s, but common senses would suggest that you fill it up, to less than the maximum, then off load all the oil, then repeat. After the first off load of 350,000 barrels we have seen evidence for 3 off loads at approx’ 450,000 barrels. The lasted RNS states 3.1m barrels after 7 off loads (6 X 450,000 +350,000) sounds about right. Would anyone like to explain why it is more difficult than this?