Menu
Close

LLOYDS is going to FLY

lse:lloy

FINALLY… just maybe the buy back is supporting the share …

Saying that I hope we carry on falling its Antonio bargain of the century with this buy back

Bounce is going to be massive, sellers fighting over the limited shares available and left on the market

Its called Liquidity Folks

The fact, I have never heard of any of them should ring alarm bells.

I always recommend Interactive Brokers.
I think Saxobank are not bad. If you really must go for bucket shop British,I suppose Barclays

What do your ex-Beaufort and ex-SVS brokers say on that?

Or Masonic? You asked him/her?

No

Unknowns. Probably just tagging on to other platforms.

use Interactive Brokers.

Largest on line broker in the US.

Sellers fighting over the limited buyers more like.

Hi All, Promised to post a comparison chart of LLOY vs the FTSE 100 in a previous post, so here it is:-

Down a pretty scary ~34% since the peak of just over 66p in April and it would appear to have gone into freefall since the beginning of August.

Got to admit its holding up pretty well during this latest Trump induced panic though… Im down another 3/4% today making me 4.66% down since the 77xx high on 30/7. FTSE down just over 8% now.

ATB

Pref

I bet you I see 75p here again

Bit like Gold … gold investors been calling gold for nearly 5 years now

IT HAD TO HAPPEN

ITS CALLED A MARKET

Maybe… but saying that is pointless unless you put a timeframe on it. By end Sept? Dec? March?

2025, maybe? Maybe even not then depending on the scale of Brexit damage!

Frog

Maybe you need to change the record Eric

Happy to pick up my wages while everyone moaning 24/7

Awwwwww

One other problem is that the housing market is slowing, especially in London where prices are falling. Often rises and falls in house prices fan out from London and the SE. Lower prices mean lower mortgage books and the possibility of negative equity. LLOY also has a big book of car related loans. Any recession is likely to hit this hard and car sales are already in decline. The only bright spot is the tailing off of PPI claims. Many dangers in the bushes await LLOY.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

You can buy plenty of LLOY shares, no shortage of sellers willing to offload.

A PI favourite, lambs to the slaughter.
Most popular share amongst retail investors.
The big boys are not piling in.

Oh, do me a favour.

We went through this guff a year ago. I waited patiently for 8 months (and I even put a paltry level of 63.8p as a target).

Investing in Gold? A bunch of losers who have lost money for a decade and now tell you how brilliant they are. What matters is calling it right AT THE RIGHT POINT IN TIME and CONSISTENCY.

What you need to ask yourself is: Is it more important to be right at any cost, rather than to make consistent profits!

You are more right than you can imagine.

Before I left for Italy I tried to persuade a guy in, Milngavie, Glasgow to sell his 850,000 house. He didn’t. I bumped into him last week and he has knocked 150k of the asking price and still can’t get any viewers

Thanks soI…
I looked at them… American?
They seem to charge per share, cost not transparent!
I sold u j o a couple of times past week the share price is 0.30 p that would be expensive.
I trade a lot of A I m.
Have I gone on to something different then you suggested?

The stock market needs people like you, buying at 65 then celebrating a crumb of a divi whilst sitting on a 30 % capital loss.

Keep buying.

LLOY is going to Fly.

yep fly down.

soi

Hi @Eadwig, Well I sold my VILX today as I was clearly in profit but overcoming the buy and sell commission payments on the small value that I bought was a problem. I originally bought 10,000 at 1.63 which cost me £175, I sold at 2.39 today which yielded £228 so hardly a fortune. But 2.39 having bought at 1.63 is a 46% increase so had I bought more then the gain would have been more interesting. Given the major moves in the indices and the VIX I’m a bit surprised it didn’t get higher than 2.4 - last December it reached 10.x.

For much of the time that I was holding I was way way down though, the very small absolute value of the price meant that daily moves were extreme. Only when the VIX really got going did I manage to get into profit on my small experiment - so I took the opportunity to exit in case it falls back as there are some signs that US indices are stabilising…?

ATB

Pref

Hi @Ripley94, Never heard of any of those names myself, have you done what I suggested and check out the health of the broker company ?. If not then IF you end up going with some small outfit you might find yourself going through the SVS scenario again if you are unlucky. Pick a broker that’s big and profitable, low trading costs are nice but aren’t the most important thing IMHO.

ATB

Pref

I agree with that. Please (goodness, I’m pleading with you), go for a big established, reputable firm, who have been around for decades.

There used to be a saying: “Nobody ever got sacked for buying IBM”

I have a revolut account but I “would not” use them for trading ever.
I’d say its finance for the kids.

However I find it very useful for online purchases in foreign currency, meaning you can do this without your banks exchange rates.

Also very useful for buying foreign currency for holiday use. The revolut app let’s you hold many nationalities bank accounts and let’s you buy forex at near cost prices.

You can deposit and exchange a very small volume of cash commission free. You can use it as your debit card abroad as if it is a native card to the country you are on travelling in.

You can top it up with such small amounts of cash at the click of a few buttons, this means it is the card of choice for the lack of funds held within it until you need them means it is more secure if scammers are up to no good.