Menu
Close

LLOYDS is going to FLY

lse:lloy

Seems the market did not like being in the 50’s for very long?

WOW

Lloyd’s going to start paying quarterly dividends starting in 2020

Lovely jubberly:-)

Given it’s the fourth time since 2016, that the monthly 50 is yet again resistance, and looking like a 3 month rejection this time around, maybe their timing makes sense. Especially in an extended bull market.

Hard to know that it will lead to a backed SP. Maybe end of this month and June open will say more ?

Certainly in long term Puts (shorters) view at the mo

It did not like being 6 1+ for too long either.
Down 1.9 % today.

Soon see the 50 s again.

You can bank on that.

soi

Well not all bad , We ( Lloyds Shareholders) will have some more powder in the Bank from next week

It’s pay day folk’s and spend it wisely I say :slight_smile:

LLOY down 1.9% today, most likely due to the breakdown of cross-party Brexit talks which has increased the possibility of a hard crash-out Brexit.

Frog in a tree

yep, back in the 50s.

Like clockwork.

soi

Good.

Those traders who were net long at ex D had their "pay day " 6 weeks ago.
Able to instantly use that benefit.

ATB

soi

Utterly predictable. Just like Soros great book: “Ahead of the Curve”

Notice with this mass movement to right wing, nationalist European parties, the Euro has strengthened

Never mind …

Life goes on …

Every grey cloud…

And its final divi day tomorrow. Dividend reinvestment will buy more shares at the lower price.

LLOY’s day will come…maybe?

Frog

Lloyds Insurance policies are worse than useless…after 30 years
WE pay their premiums …but…they Don’t pay out on genuine claims.

Their High Insurance premiums with no intention of paying out certainly
helps those unjustified high bonuses.

To most, It’s called thieving…their excuses for sorry no cover items this time are novel

Behave Ive got Lloyd’s Car Insurance via their Brokers , my Mrs got hit by another car in 2018 sitting at lights, she had the Car fully repaired no excess to pay and got £1400 neck injuries that she claimed as she could not sleep for a few nights due to a little pain

Are the visits to the 50’s a Monday thing at present?
Or is the rise today due to the demand from folk reinvesting their dividend payment.
Or is it the other side of the clockwork - what goes down must go up?
Or have the employees all liquidated their bonus shares and the buyback is starting to bite.
Or …

Is Lloyds going to fly hmmm …we shall see. I hope its a longhaul flight.

I just wondered if anyone has been keeping an eye on all these share buy backs. How many have they got now and how much is that in % terms of the all shares?
My understanding is that they are going to terminate the shares and not hold in treasury. Surely then if that is the case, this share will rise?
I also expect this to be rising to 80 pence mark within next 12 months. No analysis to prove this - just hopeful/wishful thinking.
Mr P

Hi pelim

Honestly do not know but spikes seem to be always followed by drops and vice versa.
I just trade the price action.
Fairly reliable and predictable.

ATB

soi

Hi terence

No I do not think LLOY is going to fly, merely wishful thinking.
I cannot see any logical reason why LLOY sp would hit 80p within the next 12 months.
Above 73 would actually surprise me.
Recent range seems to be 57 to 63.
A non Brexit might boost it ?

As to the buyback history Bowman tracks it, he is good and accurate.
Thread is here on ii

ATB

soi

“Little pain” Is that you?

Did you not point out “if you give it a little more time, it will be fine”

Hi @regardless, RMG down 5%+ today I see, no idea why. Just as well you are out maybe.

ATB

Pref

Hi Again @regardless, Wow RMG ended the day at 211.4 just over 9% down…! Still can’t find out the reason for the drop.

ATB

Pref