menu

LME Nickel Stocks

lse:amc

QA good read.

“There is also increasing number of deals between Chinese battery giants and miners.”

“Nickel sulphides are much cheaper to turn into battery grade nickel sulphate than nickel laterites and will fetch a premium price.“

“Terra Capital believes there will be a supply squeeze in both nickel and copper within the next year or two.”

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/big-investors-are-loving-small-nickel-and-copper-stocks-as-electric-car-market-grows/amp/

TDT :sunglasses:

TDT

Squeeze on supply means begger all if AMUR don’t get some of the stuff out the ground in that timescale and start selling it!

PS. Been away and copulated with myself and found it much more productive than your twaddle. You should try it, you might relax a little!

https://www.fitchsolutions.com/corporates/metals-mining/assessing-battery-metals-demand-trends-china-europe-and-us-01-11-2018

dkok

I’ve always taken you for a bit of a self pleasurer dkok so it doesn’t come as any great surprise to hear that that’s what you’ve been doing.

If everything I post is such twaddle why do you bother reading it? Haven’t you got anything better to do with your time? Or are you really such a sad little man that you have to keep this little feud going? Your choice I guess but if I were you, and thankfully I’m not, I’d be doing something more productive with my time rather than reading twaddle.

This is an interesting development:-

Reducing cobalt down to 4% mean increasing nickel to 90%+.

IEA estimates that 125,000,000 electric cars are to be driven by 2030, 30% use NMC / NMA technology (today this technology is 63%) and putting 40kg of nickel per car and for these 30%, of market share, we speak of 1,500,000,000 kg required.

If we estimate the battery life between 5/6 years, the recycled nickel enters the market again (Circular economy)

Currently the world produces 2.200.000,00Tn/Year

It’s still crazy …

Am I wrong with Nickel’s market? The nickel price does not correspond to this reality…

"South Korea’s sales of electric vehicles (EVs) are rising as its government expands its network of charging stations and takes other steps to tackle air pollution, offering accelerated demand growth for cobalt, nickel and other battery materials.

There were 26,375 EVs sold from October 2017 through to September this year, with demand projected to reach 30,000 units for 2018. This exceeds previous sales levels over 2011-17, according to South Korea’s environment ministry. Sales for the 12 months to September are about double that of all of 2017, with the full-year 2018 target six times that of 2016 levels.

The ministry said demand for EVs has accelerated since a package of policy measures was introduced in September 2017 to reduce fine-dust emissions, including more government incentives and an increasing roll-out of charging infrastructure.

South Korea’s government plans to add 1,866 rapid charging outlets this year, including 755 that had already been installed as of September. The 2018 target is double the number of rapid charging stations that were installed in all previous years combined.

The government sees the additions of more EV models further boosting demand. Seoul aims to increase the number of EVs on the road sevenfold by 2022 to 350,000. It is also the accelerating the retirement of coal-fired power plants and requiring pollution control upgrades to ensure lower emissions from the energy sources that will supply these vehicles.

Seoul aims to have 10,000 charging stations nationwide by 2022. The government also aims by 2022 to retire 77pc of the 2.86mn diesel vehicles in the country that were built prior to 2006.

South Korea’s EV trend is keeping pace with global growth. The number of EVs in use globally in 2017 rose by 54pc from a year earlier to 3.1mn, led by gains in China. This will rise to about 125mn by 2030, the IEA forecasts."

Nuno

If we see 60% year on year uptake from here on I’m anticipating an additional 135m EVs of one desciprion or another globally between 2019 and 2025. If we assume 50% of these cars will have either an NCA or NMC battery with an average of 40kg of nickel in each then we are looking at needing an additional 2.7m tonnes of nickel over the next 7 years.

I think current predictions are far too low. The race for market share by the big car companies will help determine the rate of uptake. This will be a race no car company can afford to lose.

TDT

I do not know what is going on with nickel price, are we all sleeping???

Investors will soon be able to agree

TDT

Yes indeed you have - writing it.

By the way, I don’t read it as it is just so deathly boring and has begger all to do with the share BB you are posting it all on. No comment about a 10% drop in the AMC shareprice today, but loads more EV & LME guff. Keep going old chap, maybe someday it will do you some good.

Oh and by the way, any fella who doesn’t admit to self pleasuring is sadly deluded, which may explain everything!

dkok

Unlike like you I don’t have to sit in the dark playing with myself. The fact that you do sums you up I guess, you sad lonely little man.

They say you should never argue with idiots becuase they’ll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. That’s you that is.

Probably years away from building a full sized plant, if ever.

Pure Minerals jumps after figuring out how to make battery-grade nickel and cobalt

The CSIRO was asked to review and evaluate a number of processing options which would convert a basic nickel and cobalt product — called mixed hydroxide precipitate (MHP)– to battery grade nickel and cobalt.__Pure Minerals reckons MHP is worth just 65 to 85 per cent of the contained nickel and cobalt value, whereas battery grade currently attracts big premiums to the price of these metals.__It told investors that the CSIRO Process — applied at laboratory and up to pilot plant scale – is simple and cheaper to build and operate compared to alternative processes.

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/pure-minerals-jumps-after-figuring-out-how-to-do-battery-grade-nickel-and-cobalt/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Stockhead%20lunchtime%20ASX%20small%20caps%20email%20-%20Thu%20Nov%208&utm_content=Stockhead%20lunchtime%20ASX%20small%20caps%20email%20-%20Thu%20Nov%208+CID_be02660607b191ea1bd7f8ea4446a7db&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor&utm_term=Pure%20Minerals%20jumps%20after%20figuring%20out%20how%20to%20make%20battery-grade%20nickel%20and%20cobalt

Ha ha, TDT, you don’t even know had sad and tragic you are!!

John Petersen , Colaborador
Comentários 32561 | Segue
Resposta do autor » O NMC622 utiliza cerca de 700 gramas de níquel por kWh de capacidade da bateria, pelo que os seus 40 kg por número de veículo são leves. Seu número de participação de mercado para baterias com alto teor de níquel deve ficar próximo de 80%. Você está absolutamente certo que os preços do níquel não refletem a demanda futura esperada.
O cobalto é apenas a ponta do iceberg.

John Petersen, Contributor
Reviews 32561 | Follow
Author’s response »The NMC622 uses about 700 grams of nickel per kWh of battery capacity, so its 40 kg per vehicle number is light. Its market share number for high nickel batteries is expected to be close to 80%. You are absolutely certain that nickel prices do not reflect expected future demand.
Cobalt is just the tip of the iceberg.

Nuno

If you assume 40kg., which is an under estimate, then you’ll be pleasantly surprised when demand tops out at a higher level. Under promise and over deliver.

Its difficult to know what the proportion of metals in the batteries are 1:1:1, 5:2:2 or 8:1:1 so it would be difficult to accurately calculate the amount of nickel either being used currently or required going forward. You also need to know the percentage of batteries that don’t use nickel and the amount of nickel being recycled from used batteries. All in all a difficult task to pin everything down.

Yep dkok, that’s right I’m sad and tragic, thanks for pointing that out.

I belive suply problems will disappear along the years and world electrification, Nickel is 100% recyclable, as cobalt.
Tsingshan is operating at Indonesia, reducing cost with a new HPAL,(source CRUgroup), and we know cobalt is a subproduct, we can have cobalt in all nickel and copper explorations.

Nuno

This is what’s going to drive a rapid uptake of EVs, fear from the established motor manufacturers that they are going to go the same way as Kodak, Nokia, Blackberry.

“VW and other carmakers are struggling to adapt quickly enough to stringent rules introduced after the carmaker was found to have cheated diesel emissions tests, with its chief executive Herbert Diess warning last month that Germany’s auto industry faces extinction.”

Diess said to cut average fleet emissions of carbon dioxide in Europe by 30 percent by 2030, VW needs to raise its share of fully electric vehicles to 30 percent of new car sales.

Do you think the regulations will remain unchanged between now and 2030? The more stringent they become the more likely car manufacturers will flip over to producing only EVs.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/volkswagen-reportedly-planning-to-sell-electric-tesla-rival.html

China is also alarmed by the markets: the country’s bank stocks fell back after the government took action to steer credit, suggesting urgency to stem the slowdown. China’s car sales have fallen for the fifth consecutive month in October (down 11% in the month) and may have their first annual decline in at least two decades. In this scenario, copper and other metals