Menu
Close

Post foil

lse:hur

Hello Albi 1,

If the first tanker load of oil is 300,000 barrels it’s worth a shad load of cash to Hurricane.

On page 14 of the Q2 2019 Corporate Presentation there’s a chart showing the cash flow due to Hurricane for a given price of oil. i e $50.00, $60.00 and $70.00 a barrel.

The current price of Brent Crude is c$60.00 a barrel. The average operating cost at $60.00 a barrel is $22.00 a barrel. Therefore the cash flow due to Hurricane is $38.00 a barrel. If the amount of oil off loaded to the Amundsen Spirit is 300,000 boo this shipment is worth $11.40 million or with the $ / £ at c$1.25 this makes the shipment worth £9.12 million.

And don’t forget Hurricane have a 100% interest in Lancaster so all the cash is Hurricane’s!

Hope my back of a fag packet calculations are correct, if not, I’ll have to get a new abacus - but not the one Diane Abbot uses!

Carliol

Hi Carliol

I’m feeling very heartened by the latest news. As other posters have commented, here and on LSE, it’s been a long wait for many and a tough year of ups and downs. In the end truth will out and hard work will pay off. I’m rooting for your calculations to be significantly more accurate than Ms Abbot’s!

I still can’t figure how the tanks have filled in such a short time. What with them telling us they were choking to 9k per day (from memory) and not being able to go over 20k per day (again from memory)

Not complaining though…

I agree, it’s an odd one.
When they are testing flow rates and choking and the overall production won’t be great I am very surprised they have enough to offload.
Maybe they get a cheapie deal when the A. Spirit is on the way to some where else.

MarineTraffic%3A%20Global%20Ship%20Tracking%20Intelligence%20%7C%20AIS%20Marine%20Traffic

:musical_score:Aoka and Amundsen sitting in a tree. :musical_score:

I am sure that there must be a subtle meaning hidden in those words but I am afraid I am

Flost

Don’t dig too deep into a hidden meaning, it’s a children’s playground rhyme, the last line spells out the letters.

K . I. S. S. I. N. G

Those were the days, pre-internet, pre-computers even, when rude words had to be coded. The days when even Mr Hunt felt safe from

Flockery

AS still there, 9 or 10 hours now.

9 or 10 hours? They only started making out around 10am:} So about 5 hours so far.

Making out??
AS arrived 6am

Hi All,

Many thanks to Amaja who posted this on the LSE board

“Today 13:08I just talked to the operator of the Amundsen Spirit and I can share the following information with you: ETA: the vessel is due in Rotterdam on 20 June 2019 at 15.00 hrs (you can check the Vopak website yourself). Place: TEAM Terminal Rotterdam - Jetty 2 (one of the largest oil terminals). CARGO VOLUME: 350.000 bbls (as per operator)
Sounds to me like some very good news!!
Good luck everyone.”

Fabuloso !

Millais

Wow!
Thanks.

“Making out” ref. Johnnie’s earlier post - K.I.S.S.I.N.G … meaning the time the AM and AS actually linked up to start the transfer. I’d read elsewhere that started around 10am even though the AS arrived in the early of hours of the morning.

I’m just too innocent…

No inside knowledge I’m afraid Albi. Was watching the AM dance on Marine Traffic on and off and noticed her stabilise, made a screenshot then posted. :man_shrugging:

Johnnie, no inside knowledge inferred. Have to confess I’ve become rather lazy in my shipwatching since Laserdisc and so many of you do such a good job!

Is it not starting to get a bit odd that the AS is still there?

Good Morning Ash,

The Amundsen Spirit now has it’s destination as Rotterdam. In a previous post taken from LSE it states that the A M is loaded with 350,00 boo and it’s destination is an oil refinery in Rotterdam.

I wonder how long it takes to load such a large amount of oil on board?

I’ll be much happier when we get confirmation via an RNS providing us with full details of how much oil has been loaded onto the A S.

If the 350,000 boo is correct then Lancaster must be flowing at rates far in excess of what we were told in the Q2 corporate presentation

https://www.marinetraffic.com/no/ais/home/centerx:-3.8/centery:60.2/zoom:11

Carliol

Lancaster EPS First Lifting and Oil Sales

Hurricane Energy plc, the UK based oil and gas company focused on hydrocarbon resources in naturally fractured basement reservoirs, is pleased to provide an operational update in relation to the Early Production System development of the Lancaster field (“Lancaster EPS”).
On 18 June 2019, Hurricane sold its first cargo which was lifted from the Aoka Mizu FPSO by the Amundsen Spirit shuttle tanker. The cargo was marketed by BP Oil International Limited, pursuant to the offtake agreement.

Dr Robert Trice, Chief Executive of Hurricane, commented:
“First lifting from the Lancaster EPS marks the generation of Hurricane’s first revenue. We are now building the cash flow necessary to invest in the further appraisal and development of Hurricane’s basement assets.”