Menu
Close

RNS - injunction against Compact

lse:vls

Velocys wins injunction against CompactGTL

Velocys plc (VLS.L), the company at the forefront of smaller scale gas-to-liquids (GTL), announces that the UK High Court has ordered an immediate injunction restraining CompactGTL’s infringing activities and payment of approx. £1.4 million to Velocys.

Following the UK High Court’s ruling upholding the Velocys patents in suit and judging CompactGTL to be infringing them both (see RNS dated 22 Sepetmber 2014), the Court has now ordered an immediate injunction restraining CompactGTL from infringing the patents or enabling, procuring, or assisting any third party to infringe the patents. In addition to being used at its Wilton plant in the UK, CompactGTL confirmed to the Court that the same infringing technology was the subject of its activities with Petrobras (CompactGTL operated a demonstration plant at a Petrobras facility in Aracaju, Brazil).

The Court also ordered CompactGTL to pay approx. £1.4 million to Velocys for its legal costs to date. The case is continuing, with determination of damages to Velocys expected after receipt of additional disclosures from CompactGTL regarding its activities.

Velocys has a very substantial patent portfolio comprising more than 900 patents, covering a broad range of countries, which protects key inventions relevant to smaller scale GTL. The Company also holds a significant inventory of trade-secrets which it has gained through years of development and practice.

Equivalents of the two patents in this case have also been approved in numerous other jurisdictions around the world, including places where smaller scale GTL might be deployed, such as the United States and Canada, and countries where FT reactors and other associated equipment might be manufactured, such as Japan and South Korea.

• Ends -

VLS…
XXX…
Hi rick43…
You still in Velocy ?
Another i recall we both were in was JQW did you ever here anything about that or did this company just disappear with our money ?

Thanks for the love Midasfella i notice you never post .
Are you in any stocks ?

VLS…
XXX
New lows 3.43p

VLS…
XXX
Dropped all the way to 2.85p on 8th July 19 … they got a placing away @ 3p on 15th … 7 M

VLS…
XXXX
Showed a big rise here first thing up 20% but 15% spread .
Back down to all time lows by midday .

I think this stock will remain suppressed until the one of the projects achieves financial close - which i struggle to see happening to be honest.

VLS…
XXXX
Saw this from Turner Pope yesterday .
9th Oct 2019 was new all time lows of 1.68p … moved up a little to 1.75p

Velocys plc
Velocys has signed an agreement with Oxy Low Carbon Ventures LLC (OLCV), to
capture CO2 emissions from Velocys’ planned biomass-to-fuels project located in
Mississippi USA and store them securely in an underground geologic formation.
The company outlines that the ability to transform its flagship facility into a net
negative emitter of CO2 is highly advantageous from both an environmental and
also a commercial standpoint.
Velocys Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Velocys plc, has signed an agreement with
OCLV, a subsidiary of Occidental whereby OCLV will transport and store CO2 captured
from Velocys’ Bayou Fuels facility located in Natchez, Mississippi when it is completed,
enabling the production of transportation fuels that have a net negative carbon
intensity.
The company’s Bayou Fuels project is planned to take waste woody biomass and
convert it into transportation fuels such as diesel and aviation fuel. Velocys has
developed a biomass-to-liquids (BTL) process that can convert forestry by-products to
renewable transportations fuels. This is achieved by combusting solid feedstock at high
temperatures to produce ‘syngas’, a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen. By
applying the established Fischer-Tropsch process, hydrogen is converted into paraffinic
hydrocarbons which are subsequently upgraded through several refinery processes to
produce a range of transportation fuels as outlined.
Velocys has designed an integrated technical solution that is well suited to carbon
capture, usage and storage (CCUS) before it can enter the atmosphere. Additionally,
OLCV is well positioned to transport and store CO2 by leveraging its parent company’s
expertise in CO2 storage and utilisation. As such, Velocys notes that this combination of
technologies can enable the Bayou Fuels facility to produce net negative carbon
intensity fuels.
As well as the obvious environmental advantages of such a solution, this plan carries a
potential commercial advantage given that integrating CCUS into Bayou Fuels will
enable the facility to target certain revenue streams including those from the California
Low Carbon Fuels Standard and US 45Q tax credits that incentive the installation of
carbon capture equipment on industrial facilities.
Velocys also notes that the deal with OLCV will not only serve to de-risk the Bayou
Fuels project but it can also be replicated at other sites under development which
include the company’s UK project which recently submitted a planning application to
build the first commercial scale waste-to-jet fuel facility at Immingham in the UK.
Velocys is gaining momentum over H2 2019. The company raised £7m of new
funds in July, the net proceeds of which will accelerate the development of its
facilities in the US and the UK. In September, the company also secured an order
with Toyo Engineering Corporation worth an initial US$0.5m to supply its
Fischer-Tropsch technology for a biomass-to-jet fuel demonstration facility
currently under construction in Japan. With the latest announcement outlining
Velocys’ ability to deliver its technology solution in a net negative emissions
context, we anticipate the prospect of further positive news flow in Q4.

Stock Data
Share Price: 1.71p
Market Cap: £11.0m
Shares in issue: 643.7m
Company Profile
Sector: Renewable Energy
Ticker: VLS.L
Exchange: AIM
Activities
Velocys is a renewable energy company
focused on converting forestry by-products
into renewable transportation fuels, which
when blended with conventional fuels,
have the potential to lower significantly
harmful emissions and greenhouse gases.
Share price performance
Source: LSE
Past performance is not an indication of
future performance.
Turner Pope contact details
Turner Pope Investments (TPI) Ltd
8 Frederick’s Place
London
EC2R 8AB
Tel: 0203 657 0050
Email: info@turnerpope.com
Web: www.turnerpope.com
Attention is drawn to the disclaimers
and risk warnings at the end of this
document.
This is a non-independent marketing
communication. The analyst who has
prepared this report is aware that TPI has a
relationship with the company covered in
this report. Accordingly, it has not been
prepared in accordance with legal
requirements designed to promote the
independence of investment research and
is not subject to any prohibition on dealing
ahead of the dissemination of investment
research.
Retail clients (as defined by the rules of
the FCA) must not rely on this
document.
Barney Gray Research analyst

VLS…
XXX
Looks like last two buys here were within a day July 2018 @ 9.24p and 9.3…
80% down in all .
( D… 10 )

VLS…
XXX
Surprised two brokers still say “buy”
Although i saw that somewhere can not find much comment this from below from advfn .
I am in deep and about 90% down .
wiser for me to leave and not be tempted to add .
The first link to a Chris Brown is interesting and bullish !!

ate Subject Author Discuss
08/11/2019
11:17 Absolutely nothing, demonboy. This is a company in the throes of going bust. Shortly it will run out of money, it is highly unlikely that there will be a successful fund raising in the absence of a defined revenue stream. If the company IS able to demonstrate that, a placing would need to be at at VERY deep discount to the current share price - I suggest, in fractions of 1p. If you wish to waste your cash, then go ahead, buy shares. Water, horses and leads spring to mind.
erogenous jones
Read Full Thread
08/11/2019
10:54 WTF is going on here.
demonboy
Read Full Thread
08/11/2019
08:59 Kirk 6, I’ll repeat my statement that companies whose share price falls 90%, rarely recver. This company has not only fallen the greater part of 90% this year, but around 99% from launch. And that is with a couple of rounds of new fund raisings. There is not a shred of evidence that this is a viable company despite wishful thinking. It exists on the fashion for green energy and its hopes are kept alive by association with Shell and British Airways keen to promote their eco credentials. At best this is plant for the hobby farmer though would probably cost more to run than capable of generating. Businesses that rely on subsidy for revenues are not great, but at the moment VLS is not able to demonstrate fully tested plant substantial enough to operate for a duration consistent with the activity it is supposedly designed to undertake.
erogenous jones
Read Full Thread
08/11/2019
08:39 It is moving… Down This is not a business
owenski
Read Full Thread
08/11/2019
07:59 It will not move until we have confirmation of planning approval and further funding , then its a boom!
jotoha2
Read Full Thread
07/11/2019
08:49 Few buys today so far, lets see if we get an institutional investor buying at thIS crazy low share price great buying opportunity for them at record lows practically.
laptop15
Read Full Thread
07/11/2019
07:26 And muppets, lol
owenski
Read Full Thread
06/11/2019
23:47 Shares now entering the death plunge.1p next.Lemmings and mushrooms only.
ken chung
Read Full Thread
06/11/2019
12:10 Wrong post sorry.
demonboy
Read Full Thread
06/11/2019
12:09 2 more days for results. Better than expected I hope .
demonboy
Read Full Thread
05/11/2019
15:42 It is common knowledge you know and I have been in VLS many times over the years. I tweeted it to get some coverage on twitter to attract new investors. I suggest u check the posting history if u have an issue. I mentioned ABRAMOVICH years ago
laptop15
Read Full Thread
05/11/2019
13:21 These guys are monitoring your advfn posts. Accordingly. I just posted about the Russian billionaire , and now they do too.
demonboy
Read Full Thread
05/11/2019
11:47 https://twitter.com/laptop1515/status/1191679032053641216?s=19
laptop15
Read Full Thread
04/11/2019
12:25 A very good read .
demonboy
Read Full Thread
04/11/2019
11:11 According to the release, Cemvita has a network of clients it is working with to reduce the industry’s carbon footprint.“We have an ambitious goal to take one gigaton of CO2 out of the carbon cycle in the next decade and are very excited about being a part of Occidental’s journey to become a carbon-neutral company,” says Tara, co-founder and chief scientist, in the release.Looks like oxy low carbon, has a pipeline of contacts to reduce Co2 with Cemvita. Looking good .
demonboy
Read Full Thread
04/11/2019
10:59 https://www.cemvitafactory.com/news