menu

Rotterdam (Scheveningen!) to FOIL

lse:hur

Hi carliol,

Good post. Yes I must say imo, “Energy Voice” consistently produce the most comprehensive, best written and factual copy in the industry.

Totally agree with you regards BP. However, do they see it the same way? Let’s hope so because for sure they would be my favoured suitor. Time will tell.

I was hoping for a decent finish to this week, having had such a good start. Unfortunately it looks like oil price has bitten us on the backside yet again.

Anyway, I am sure that I don’t have to tell you what “Delboy” says to “Rodders” on a regular basis. Only a matter of time, lol.

Have a great weekend.

All the best.

HTL

@Happy_To_Learn
HTL, very true about the bite in the you-know-where! Also, more than just Oil Price worries in the Market today, though. Continuation of the Woes of the Battle of Brexit, frosty upcoming G20 in South America, etc., etc., etc! Good time to keep ones nerves.
Kr,A. - LLV

Hi Everyone,

Couple of the best photos I have seen of Aoka Mizu. Sharp images, good contrast showing great detail.

Many thanks to “missdosh” on the LSE board for the links.

Have a great weekend.

All the best.

HTL

[http://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/aoka-mizu_9190028_58134/photos/2274393/)

[(http://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/aoka-mizu_9190028_58134/photos/2274365/)

Thank you Lameduck, much appreciated, isn’t she fabulous! :champagne::champagne::champagne:

@Albi1
Albie; agreed. She looks absolutely fabulous. But didn’t HTL ‘credit’ Missdosh on the LSE Board for the link? Or am I missing a ‘private code’ between you two!!!??? I’ll just quietly sneak away. Hi, HTL.
Kr,A. - LLV

Lawven, you might be overthinking it. I was thanking Lameduck for the videos he posted on YouTube, was a treat to come back as had missed all the webcam action during the day and felt a bit cheated having followed the AM from DDD. But all the photos are fantastic and if I had time or skill in Photoshop I’d be using one to replace the one at the top of this thread but actually I rather like that one too!

@Albi1
Thank you much, Albi. I (incorrectly) associated your expression of appreciation to HTL’s post, immediately preceding.

So relieved am I that you are not part of a Secret Society sending out shibboleths, that I have given you a red-heart (not ‘hot’) Valentine tick. Hate the Icon, but like your post! No need now to ‘just quietly sneak away…’ Kr,A. - LLV

Hi Everyone,

Fascinating video of a tanker unloading oil from a FPSO. Well worth a look, imo. Not quite attaching a hosepipe and sucking it out that you might imagine, lol.

Many thanks to “MatrixObserver” on the LSE board for the link.

All the best.

HTL

Not loading for me.

Hi ash,

Try this.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxfOd3l1WFY)

Got that one, ta.

This comes from Steve on ADVFN:

IIRC, the buoy was trial fitted to the turret in Dubai before being shipped to the field, but after the AM had left its dry-dock… So the protection plate would have been welded whilst underwater.
Since it doesn’t need to be watertight (the moonpool is normally flooded anyway), it would have only been “tack-welded” in a few locations. Removal of it (hot-cutting) whilst underwater will be no problem…

@Happy_To_Learn
Thanks for sharing this, HTL. Don’t understand how the H%*l they are doing it, but I do understand perfectly the complexity of these operations. Including Drilling, et al, I may say! Kr,A. - LLV

Hi lawven2,

I hope you are well and all is good.

Yes, whilst we are a bit becalmed currently, waiting for AM to make the move. I thought this might be of interest to all the non-techies like myself.

All the best.

HTL

I wonder what “ETA NL RTM 01-01-2019” means???

No, ha, ha, you can rest easy Lawven, I would have neither the time or the energy for such shenanigans!:}

Thanks to Steelwatch and gary38 on ADVFN:

First Published: 09 July 2018 | Latest Update: 29 November 2018
Lancaster Field – Development
The Aoka Mizu FPSO is currently in Rotterdam. The FPSO will be transiting to field on the 15th December 2018 (at
the earliest) as part of the Lancaster EPS Development Project. The transit is expected to take approximately 6 days
with the FPSO due on location on 21st December 2018 (at the earliest).
The Lancaster Turret Mooring System (TMS) is installed with the TMS buoy sitting 20m below the sea surface. The buoy is
moored in place by 12 wire and chain mooring lines that extend up to 1290m from the TMS buoy to driven piles. The mooring
system will remain in this configuration with the buoy at -20m until the FPSO arrives.
The co-ordinates for the operations are listed below:
Coordinates
LDC5 Manifold Centre 60o 11.947’N 03o 51.859’W
Aoka Mizu FPSO Turret Centre 60o 10.794’N 03o 52.196’W

https://api.seafish.org/index.php/file/4733
page 8

@ash6666
Ash, thanks for sharing.
I had never seen this Bulletin before and spent many minutes reading of the New Hazards in the Blocks (Areas 1, 2 & 3) which are specifically relevant to us at ‘HUR’. I am amazed and awed by the sheer volume of the hi-tech activities - a lot outside our immediate awareness - which take place to complement and support other endeavours! - Kr,A. - LLV

How she’ll connect and disconnect when required to/ from the buoy.

@riverside_red
ash666: ‘…So the protection plate would have been welded whilst underwater.
Since it doesn’t need to be watertight (the moonpool is normally flooded anyway), it would have only been “tack-welded” in a few locations. Removal of it (hot-cutting) whilst underwater will be no problem…’

Thanks, Riverside_red (and also Ash). This demo helps one to clearly conceptualise what should happen at ‘hook-up.’ You Guys and Gals (Ooh! ooh!!) are absolutely GREAT!!
Most times, anyway. Hmmm.
Kind regards, All. - LLV