menu

Rotterdam (Scheveningen!) to FOIL

lse:hur

I have no pension yet, but would like Hurricane to help out sooner, rather than later, having been in it for 13 years already. I couldn’t get to your lunch, being out of the country then, besides normally about 500 miles south (!), but if the price gets close to the £3+ bandied about here, within two years, I will come to wherever you suggest in the world and stand my round!

Dorset_53, forgive my ignorance, but I’m intrigued, can you share your story albeit slightly obliquely on a public bb. Sure would be a good way to pass the time while we kick back and watch magic happen!

Courtesy of Laserdisc on ADVFN, great shots from Rotterdam of the AM.

Hi Albi1,

Great find, many thanks for sharing.

I hope you don’t mind, I have reposted on the LSE board for their benefit.

All the best.

HTL

Hi HTL

Don’t mind at all, sure all BBs are mutually supportive of information sharing, especially while we wait for sanity to return to world markets … that could be a while then.

Well spotted Albi1, they certainly did a good job on AM in Dubai. I’m relieved “our ship” is safely moored in Rotterdam throughout this weekend, it’s blowing like mad here in Jersey (force 7 in next 3 days). Let’s hope the AM has no need to go to Lerwick but will find a weather window to get straight to Lancaster for hook up… I feel that in these awful markets the only good news is likely to be from Hurricane, and during the enforced Christmas lull from “normal life” PIs and others will be able to take time out to do research, waiting impatiently for the markets to open so they can leap on the bandwagon ! That’s my wish for Santa :christmas_tree::pray:

Well, briefly, I got involved because of the old friend of a firiend thing, in the initial whip round. I just dipped my toe, but this BB wouldn’t exist without James Hudleston’s very substantial bet on Robert Trice. Robert has always been convincing, and I think we got dragged through 3 more rounds before the IPO. Great PR from, I think 2010-ish, is the paperweight in my study with about a cc of Lancaster oil in it. And that is our touchstone. It was so light, it really should flow through even very small fractures.
I’m sure everyone is on tenterhooks to see if it continues to flow in the way it is hoped. That’s the key. We had to choke back before, so it’s ready, and the column seems to be enormous, beyond expectations, but will it keep going at full bore?
By the way, the last pre-IPO round was at the equivalent of £1.35p/s I believe, so on average, it’s not been great yet.
The story of innovative mining is that it takes 15 years to prove. And once public the share price goes up on exploration success and then drifts down again. If only I had sold at that initial post-IPO 60p and bought it all back at 16.
Ah well, the 15 years clock is closing in, so come, the lads.

“but will it keep going at full bore?”

They said much the same about shale, give it a year then it becomes uneconomical and we know how that has turned out.

Yes it will. There will certainly be gas pressure driving the flow and as gas expands, the pressure drops, so you might imagine the flow would reduce. But we need to think why the gas is under pressure in the first place. That is because of the water drive pressurising the oil which pressurises the gas. To continue doing that, the water and oil must flow through the cracks and that means a pressure drop, but taken over the vast area involved the flow is so slow that the pressure drop is negligible. So we can expect a continuous

Flo

(At this point, I need to make clear that all I know about oil is from BB’s, a small amount of reading and a failed physics degree 56 years ago).

But just to add to my previous post, we may ask `what is replacing the water (that is replacing the oil extracted)?’ The answer will be a combination of the vast weight of the sea and earth above the reservoir which pressurises the oil and water; and the possibility that the water in the water drive is in communication with the sea or other surface water. Aha you may now say, even if that were to be the case, why should surface water from from low pressure into the high pressure water drive?
The answer to this can be seen in a U tube experiment (not the digital sort, but a bent glass tube with water in). If you add oil to one side of the U tube, the surface level will be higher on the oil side because it is less dense than water. To provide an analogue of the HUR reservoir, you now need to add a heavy wooden piston to the oil side (to simulate the rock we have to drill through).
We can now have a U tube with water in one arm with the top of the wooden piston level with it. Below the piston is oil under pressure and below that water under even greater pressure; all due to the balancing water column in the other side of the U tube.
But how do we know that as we produce oil, the water drive has a ready supply of replacement water? Because it displays tidal effects which mean that it is in communication with the sea at some (possibly distant) point. So the U tube as described is a fair

anaFlogy

Millais, share your sentiments and that’s why I choose to invest. I like the story, the science and self belief and what it could mean for the UK economy going forward. Time will tell, be interesting to come back on here in a few years and see where everything lands!

Thanks Dorset, was intrigued by your comment in your previous post that you’d been invested for “13 years already”. So thanks for sharing your story here, puts things in perspective a bit in terms of patience.

Treasure that paperweight and I hope you like the rest of us invested here will have cause to raise a glass not too long from now as we reach new milestones in this really remarkable venture.

I wish I could do that! You seem to have learned a huge amount.
If a physics degree examination marker read your posts you would probably get an honorary degree in physics.

This is the week with the 15th in it, time to start getting excited.
Tick tock, tick tock.

The good news confirmed on page 8…

https://api.seafish.org/index.php/file/4733

Lancaster Field – Development
The Aoka Mizu FPSO is currently in Rotterdam. The FPSO will be transiting to field on the 15th December 2018 (at
the earliest) as part of the Lancaster EPS Development Project. The transit is expected to take approximately 6 days
with the FPSO due on location on 21st December 2018 (at the earliest).
The Lancaster Turret Mooring System (TMS) is installed with the TMS buoy sitting 20m below the sea surface. The buoy is
moored in place by 12 wire and chain mooring lines that extend up to 1290m from the TMS buoy to driven piles. The mooring
system will remain in this configuration with the buoy at -20m until the FPSO arrives.

LDC5 Manifold Centre 60o 11.947’N 03o 51.859’W
Aoka Mizu FPSO Turret Centre 60o 10.794’N 03o 52.196’W

See above for

Floordinates

I think that is from 29th November but hopefully no set-backs.

If the Amsterdam ferry can get to Newcastle in 16 hours I still don’t see the AM taking 6 days to get to Lancaster.

6 days? under promise and over deliver… it’s the Hurricane way.

@ash6666
"This is the week with the 15th in it, time to start getting excited.
Tick tock, tick tock."

Spot on, Ash. And this HUR BB has to wish someone+1 a “Happy Anniversary” around that time (16th, so cheating a little!), too. So here’s an early ‘shout’ to both occasions. If not too modest, the inferred addressee will acknowledge for that 29th! Kr,A. - LLV

Thanks very much Lawven2, Mr Millais and I much appreciate your kind thoughts. Just to reiterate, a glass or 2 of finest bubbly will also be raised to toast our fellow Hurricane shareholders with a fervent wish for safe passage for our good ship AM and early FOIL !