Menu
Close

Rotterdam to FOIL - PART II

lse:hur

@Albi1
"…There are a few small hotels I might recommend but Booking.com is pretty accurate in that regard - and s_ays it all._ It’s an interesting mix down here, true Kentish souls, many retired and working Londoners, a few artists and writers, a lot of musicians and a good mix of comedians intended or otherwise! "

Thanks, Albi. May just take you up on this in due course, d.v. i have many fond memories of Elmers End, Bromley and its surrounds. Very many years ago, I had a Client there. Would be dropped off at Charing X from my Office not far away and would be picked up a few minutes later at Bromley RS to attend a Conference meeting. Tele-Video Conferencings were not yet ‘invented’. Work that SIPP to max benefit.

Pick up from CX same day later, to be home in good time for family Dinner. Good Days, then.
HUR had better make them return. OR Else … Ash’ll git 'em!! Bought some more sub44p. Kr,A. - LLV

Regarding an RNS it’s a difficult one, it looks like they tried… the weather report changed… they turned back. An RNS regarding the weather seems a little over reporting, however I understand that we like to be informed. If there truly were an issue they are obliged to tell us so therefore I think this is either

1. a: weather related
  2. b: an potential extension of the rope saga which may come under the umbrella of the last RNS.

I like to think it was weather.

Regarding my flippant remarks to another poster, I wasn’t in a good mood and he/she turns up occasionally and posts like a mood vampire. I stand by it I’m afraid, if you’re not happy with HUR then get out! (Christ I’m a hard task master.)

I feel for him, Dr T is where the metaphorical buck stops but it really is Bluewater’s ball at the moment.

Anyway, some nice cider in the fridge and roll on five o clock, good weekend all. (mood vampires included)

jfp

Especially if they are behaving themselves prior to leaving AIM and joining the big

Flouys

My first Post so be kind! I have been watching and reading for months and am a complete Novice when it comes to investing in Shares. After a lot ot research on the internet and reading Forums like this one it would appear that Hurricane Energy is a sound outfit to take a risk with.
I’ve taken the plunge and used my savings to buy the max allowed Shares in an ISA. I know it is a risk but in my savings account I was making very little.
Fingers and toes crossed.

Hi Soapy,

Welcome aboard. You have joined at a very opportune time, imo. Many exciting events due to take place in the near future, with very much expected rises in sp should all go to plan.

Let’s hope this works out for you and all of us.

All the best.

HTL

Thanks for the welcome HTL.
I hope I’m not going to be the Jonah. I bought last week at just over 46p as Aoka Mizu sailed. Then shortly after she turned back the price dropped. So not a good start for me.
As you say, hopefully the weather will settle long enough for us to get a successful hook up.
I’ve been coming to Shetland for over 22 years and there is a saying here. “If you don’t like the weather wait 5 mins” This last week we have had sunshine, rain, sleet and strong winds.

Beautiful weather here on Tyneside, no idea what all the fuss is about elsewhere :grin:

Good Morning Everyone,

I suppose it’s just a waiting game. Over the next few months there should be plenty of news to keep this board fully occupied.

It’s encouraging to see the price of Brent Crude rising. In Oct 2018 the Brent Crude nearly hit $90.00 a barrel. On 2nd October 2018 the year high share price of Hurricane was 60.75p.

I don’t think this is a coincidence.

The only other event in impact the share price was the sail away of the Aoka Mizu which happened around the same time as the high of $60.75.

It makes me wonder what the share price will be when first oil from Lancaster is achieved.

Carliol

I have mentioned this before, but note that the price of oil is in dollars but the SP is in pounds, so if the pound falls on Brexit, the SP should rise by an equivalent amount (and vice versa of

Flourse)

HUR up 5% today.
Something we don’t know?

Probably what we do know. Weather looking better from end of this week into the next two weeks. The rig should be moving on site within the next 10 days. Edison report pointing out that GWA licence could prove to be a massive field after the three well campaign ends. Share price entry at around 43p to 47p should prove to be good value. Should be an exciting April for HUR and its share price.
IMHO NAI

`I am now of the opinion that 2018 will be the peak in crude oil production, not 2019 as I earlier predicted. Russia is slowing down and may have peaked. Canada is slowing down and Brazil is slowing down. OPEC likely peaked in 2016. It is all up to the USA.

Can shale oil save us from peak

Floil?’

@ash6666
“…Schieldrop said that the looming prospect of NOPEC legislation in the U.S. Congress, which targets OPEC, is a downside risk to oil.”

Thanks for sharing this, Ash. HTL remarked (on another HUR Thread) that Mr (Nick) Cunningham (NC) knows his onions. I agree. I have been following the side-lines on Bloomberg that the US Shale Producers are coming under some production (price/profit) pressures. Tripled with the Venezuelan chaos and depleting inventories, I think hat the movement risk is more ‘upside’ rather than ‘downside’ .
But then, that may be because I am more cynical than NC. US President Trump wants LOWER Oil prices; but Congress is so Hell-bent on NOT giving him any semblance of success, that they may deal with the NOPEC legislation as would change the risk to UPSIDE. My slightly cynical and very personal opinion which benefits HUR’s. PDYOR. Kr,A. - LLV

Thanks, but I don’t remember it being me who shared that.

@ash6666
Quite right, Ash; it was Floss. But he is much too generous to allege plagiarism . Mea culpa, & apology, Floss, because I missed your malapropism 'Floil" at the end. I did express the wish/need for acuity of vision in my old age. So there’s my plea! - Kr,A. - LLV

I assume that letter from my solicitor never arrived. :grinning:

Hi Everyone,

Helicopter booked by Hurricane, 09.30 Saturday.

Let’s hope they are going for it on Monday, and let’s really hope that it get’s done this time.

All the best.

HTL

09:30 … 61X HURRICANE ENERGY PLC 11:05 EGPD / AMIZ / EGPD

[http://www.bristowgroup.com/clients/flight-status/)

Also, 10.30 Monday, 5xhour trip.

10:30 … 61K HURRICANE ENERGY PLC 15:30 EGPD / AMIZ / EGPD

I would be very surprised but you never know.

Hi Everyone,

Whatever happens over the weekend, it has been a decent week with the sp holding up well.

Just to try and put a smile on your face, I read the following on the LSE board a few days ago. I am not sure who posted it, but a big thank you as it made me laugh.

A white horse walked into a bar. The barman said, “we have a whisky in here named after you.” The horse replied, "what, Trevor?!!!

Have a great weekend.

All the best.

HTL