Menu
Close

Share Price first oil

lse:hur

Hi Cwmtawe,

How can politicians and do gooders be serious about reducing emissions and controlling the climate on planet Earth when potatoes are flown from France to Hong Kong to be made into crisps?

“”“A World War One-era German hand grenade has been found among a delivery of potatoes shipped from France to a crisp factory in Hong Kong, police say.”""

These are probably the same politicians and do gooders that attend C C conferences around the globe and burn up zillions of air miles. They also preach to us, the peasants and the great unwashed, to save energy, cycle to work, use electric sparingly and turn our central heating down. All this is said to us plebs as they live a life of unashamed luxury at the expense of hard working, tax paying, ordinary people.

Carliol

Up again …

Jeez Carliol, Don’t described yourself as a pleb, peasant unwashed etc. Im sure you are not!
I agree it sounds crazy potato crop grown in France ends up in Hong Kong. However, it’s a traded food crop and I guess not much space to grow spuds in HK so best option is to import for cheapest price from wherever.
Also, humans cannot control the climate at least not for the foreseeable…

@cwmtawe
" …Jeez Carliol, Don’t describe yourself as a pleb, peasant unwashed etc. Im sure you are not! "
That’s OK, cwmtawe: he is a man confident/comfortable in his own skin. Notice that modesty precludes him from associating himself as part of the lumpen proletariat? Such a reference would have had me worried!!.

@Albi1. Looking good to me, Albi1. Last Sale at 53.50p as you show. Ask (Offer) 54.95p. And there should be more, upcoming. Just been listening to an Investor’s broadcast which is projecting great upheaval in the Oil market in the upcoming short/intermediate term. Per it, the US Shale Producers are all going debt-default bust unless PoO goes to USD 115 - USD125 and stays there for a LONG while. And even that may not save them.

I am of the (up to now) contrarian view that pressures on PoO will be on the UPside (rather than downside) but it is more based on my sense that a desperate Iran blocks the Strait of H. (and other geo-political risks) rather than the Fracking Industry blowing up. Shale production is high cost and needs high PoO to be even marginally profitable, but I see their temporary reprieve from a low interest rate regime/environment.
Kr,A. - LLV

Lawven

Short term, yes, I think there is an upside to PoO, also long term - med term not so sure about in this volatile market place.

As an aside really, read an article on BBC News today re. Friends of the Earth lobbying Government to veto licenses for new oil fields.

Don’t see anybody sensible taking that seriously or at least hope they don’t jump on the bandwagon without due diligence - good to start looking that way in 10/20 years time but right now, manufacturing isn’t ready, batteries aren’t ready, renewables aren’t ready - we still need oil and oil security.

Good Morning L 2 & Cwn,

I don’t want to politicize the current debate on the contentious issue of Climate Change but I feel I must comment on my statement that I consider myself to be proud to be a peasant, a pleb and one of the great unwashed. However, I don’t want to be considered part of the lumpen proletariat since I don’t want to be cast in the mold of the L P as described by Karl Marx as the lowest of the industrial underclass devoid of class consciousness.

My attitude towards politicians and those who consider themselves to be the ruling elite is one of disillusionment, disappointment and disrespect. This is due to the political establishment totally disregarding the will of the British people to exit from the corrupt and dictatorial E U.

There was a vote in parliament to give us a referendum on our membership of the E U and to support whichever way the vote went. The M Ps have totally ignored the will of the British people and as a result of which I have lost all the respect I have ever had of them.

The M Ps think the British people don’t have the intelligence and intellectual capacity to make the momentous decision to leave the E U. The M Ps are totally wrong.

I think it is the M Ps who don’t have the intelligence and intellectual capacity to support the British people. They are a disgrace to democracy.

Rant over! I feel much better now!

Carliol

Hi All,

The price of Brent crude is continuing to rise. It is currently up 0.61% at $72.21 a barrel.

Although it’s early in the day and the rise may quickly disappear, there appears to be some upward momentum which is probably due to the current situation between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

I would much prefer the price of oil to rise due to normal economic factors as opposed to a conflict in which many lives will no doubt be lost.

Carliol

The only potatoes FLOWN to Hong Kong are those in inflight meals.

Hovering around the 55p mark this morning.

And now at 56p:

And 57p …

Now over 20% increase in May, overtaking the rise to 60p in September 2018. Not sure how stable this is, but nice to see blue rather than red for a change! Previous patterns indicate it should now push up to 60 easily from here. Hold on to the railings folks.

@carliol
"…I would much prefer the price of oil to rise due to normal economic factors as opposed to a conflict in which many lives will no doubt be lost."

Ah so, Carliol. But unfortunately, even in the absence of territorial/parochial conflicts, we will still have the posturing and machinations of those groups who passionately want to change things. If one were to seriously contemplate the success of the ‘Friends of the Earth’ Group to ban all oil mining on the UKCS and cancel all existing Licences thereat - (thanks for the post, Albi1. I see HUR continues to rise! May it continue so to do!)) - one would see the enormity of the problem. Its fashionable now to be in the activism camp, and although I think that some are indeed true to their conscience; I still say let us use all the Earth’s resources sensibly and responsibly and stop doing damage to ourselves and our global economy by us midgets trying to modify Mother Nature. What they are doing will lead to a Pyhrric Victory for Humanity. We already have that in our MPs re our Democracy. Let’s not double up on the impending tragedy. My opinion.
Kind regards, All. - LLV

i not sure my self but there could be a numbers of reasons to reflect on
ie ) there current level of cash burn before production; feasibility-- testing of rig prior to full opperation; the possible action of the convertible bonds-- still pending; price of brent and market slowdown-- demand and supply; any warrants outstanding (im not to sure on this)
However i think its good buy for the longterm

I have always believed that forcing the leaders of Friends of the Earth to live in a cave in Borneo for 6 months might cure some of their enthusiasm to send us all back a couple of centuries.

I can only agree with those comments.
I voted remain, as I’ve worked in several companies, in all cases, requiring hassle free movement of goods etc. I know work in and industry where UK rules have been adopted by EU up until recently based in London. It just seemed replacing London based politicians with Brussels based politicians did not appear to offer many advantages. Clearly the current crop of London based MP’s are not up to much, however a vote is a vote, therefore UK should leave, asap!
Will be interesting to see if Scotland remains with the rest of UK and indeed NI with the complications of the province. Hopefully the mess does not result in JC getting into #10 !

Share price first oil thread. Share price now around 55p mark and oil price around $70 pb which is what I thought at the top of this thread, my timing was about 4/5 months late. FOIL for me was 11th May and the sp has responded tremendously to the news. So what now? We have first commercial oil at the end of May, no details as to whether there will be an official ceremony to mark the event with appropriate publicity and razmataz. If HUR receives good publicity we could be looking at another 10p on the share price, albeit short term, because quite rightly some profits will be taken. We have had no drilling updates from Warwick I think previously we did have progress reports, if we have positive updates and then news of commercial success during July, add 10p to the sp but subtract 5p for previous profit taking. So its 70p share price in July for me, and 90s at the end of 2019.
I expect the sp to rise at least by £1 when the firm bid rumours start.
PS Carliol great posts as usual.

Blockquote “There was a vote in parliament to give us a referendum on our membership of the E U and to support whichever way the vote went. The M Ps have totally ignored the will of the British people and as a result of which I have lost all the respect I have ever had of them.”

Blockquote “The M Ps think the British people don’t have the intelligence and intellectual capacity to make the momentous decision to leave the E U. The M Ps are totally wrong.”

Blockquote “I think it is the M Ps who don’t have the intelligence and intellectual capacity to support the British people. They are a disgrace to democracy.”

you won, get over it.

IMHO MP’s are serving their country well by failing to implement a hugely damaging vote, by around 1/3 of the population who were influenced by a mountain of deception and obfuscation, taken at a time when mounting dissatisfaction with the status quo granted undue weight to populist voices, leading to a collective anti-establishment foot-stamp.

Democracy is fluid and sufficient people have since changed their minds that the balance has shifted to the remain camp. ( if one believes the polls )

What is more democratic ? to do something that at some point in time in the past, a small majority of those who expressed an opinion, chose to do, or, to not do it because at the current moment a slightly larger, somewhat better informed, majority are in favour of not doing were the question to be asked again.

You have a Representative democracy - you elect people to carry out your wishes based on the position they present to the electorate in the hustings. You accept that they may not necessarily agree with you on every issue, but you pays your money and makes your choice. If you don’t like what they do then you replace them with someone else at the next election. They have collectively decided that Brexit is bad for the country and decided not to implement it, on your behalf. Thats the job they were elected for - making decisions. If you don’t like their decisions then you can replace them at the next election, meanwhile suck it in.

For folks who want to discuss the B / R words - by all means please do - on another thread - call it whatever you like but please don’t get into it here. This thread is for info/discussion on the SP and it’s kinda getting clogged up with irrelevant stuff now.

For those interested in Hurricane, Morgan Stanley have just issued a broker’s note rating Hurricane as overweight - for those who don’t know - that means they’re recommending it as a buy to outperform.

Ah, good old Morgan Stanly and their bull case of 381p. :slight_smile:
May all your dreams come true, except the bad ones and that one with the dog and the hair dryer.

Well said Albi1 kenobi

Although Brexit hasn’t yet happened, polls show independence is neck and neck with remaining in the UK in Scotland. The trend is only going one way despite incessant and now blatantly obvious hostile media propaganda, including the BBC. Even if Brexit is scrapped (unlikely I would suggest), it will only delay matters a few years. People here are waking up to the way Scotland has been treated with utter contempt, indeed ignored and frozen out of any input by the WM government and indeed by the largest opposition party at WM.

England voted for Brexit and should have what it voted for. Scotland voted strongly against Brexit, and should also have what it voted for. Those two things are incompatible without indy. Incidentally, the simplest solution for England would be to leave the UK and become an independent nation, thus leaving the EU without any further delay. The UK’s EU membership would then remain with Scotland and NI (and Wales if they so wished). A left field solution but if you think it through, it also solves the Irish border problems.

Anyway, enough on that matter now. Delighted to see we are on the rise. Good luck all the genuine investors on here. We deserve some good luck.

Hello Albi 1,

I completely agree with your comments. This is the Hurricane board and lets hope it remains so. There are times when I get a bit carried away with some of the contentious issues that I’m interested in. That’s what my wife keeps telling me! I’ll just have to go and sit on the naughty step!

However, on a more businesslike note, It’s pleasing to see Hurricane heading in the right direction. also, Brent Crude is currently up 1.48% at $72.83 a barrel. We could see the perfect storm brewing up with Hurricane starting as an oil producer and the price of oil also on the increase.

The next few weeks / months is going to be interesting.

Carliol