menu

Store visit re-assures

lse:tsco

After reading some very negative reports here about individuals' experiences, I visited the store nearest to me in Burgess Hill, Sussex. I do not shop there normally because it is too far away. It is a large store and is being expanded even further. The car park was full, perhaps it should be on a Thursday morning, but the shelves were full - there was a person walking around with a big sign" We are here to help"which is something I wish my local Sainsbury had, all the checkouts were manned and busy and there was a generally cheerfull atmosphere.Possibly the fresh fish could have looked fresher but overall the picture was one of a large store, very busy and well patronised. I think that the Tesco problem, which there undoubtedly is,haand at these price levels the shares are a great buying opportunity.s been overstated

'After reading some very negative reports here about individuals' experiences, I visited the store nearest to me in Burgess Hill, Sussex. I do not shop there normally because it is too far away. It is a large store and is being expanded even further. The car park was full, perhaps it should be on a Thursday morning, but the shelves were full - there was a person walking around with a big sign" We are here to help"which is something I wish my local Sainsbury had, all the checkouts were manned and busy and there was a generally cheerfull atmosphere.Possibly the fresh fish could have looked fresher but overall the picture was one of a large store, very busy and well patronised. I think that the Tesco problem, which there undoubtedly is,haand at these price levels the shares are a great buying opportunity.s been overstated'

LOL who freaking cares... Do you realise that the daily movements in the sp have nothing to do with your impression of a 1 store visit ? And the freshness of the fish ?!?

For crying out loud, you're making an investment not choosing where to shop for your local produce !

Tas

And who freaking cares about you going on about the daily movements in the shere price.

What a plonker.

Regards
James

'And who freaking cares about you going on about the daily movements in the shere price.

What a plonker.

Regards
James'

Hi James... Trust me if 311 breaks you're going to start caring ;)

Did you finally figure out what Cash Settled Equity Swaps were ? Or how much 387-257 makes ?

Tas

You are in the same catagory as the right to work activists.

Totally useless to society.

But because the internet lets you have an anonymous voice you think you can insult who you like.

Regards
James

'You are in the same catagory as the right to work activists.

Totally useless to society.

But because the internet lets you have an anonymous voice you think you can insult who you like.

Regards
James'

I'm glad you're useful to society James. When you have a minute please share with us how you do it !

Tas

Tas,

"LOL who freaking cares... Do you realise that the daily movements in the sp have nothing to do with your impression of a 1 store visit ?"

I'm sure that no-one, including tejo, believes that one person's experience in one store is going to have any impression on the share price, but I for one find these experiences useful and helpful in guiding me as to whether to hold or sell (the buy decision, for better or worse, having already been taken!).

One thing is for sure, posts like tejo's are every bit as useful as your suggestion that anyone pay attention to the 311p level FFS.

The goats' entrail merchants are alive and well so long as you're around, Tas.

LKH on the flybridge

I have not shopped at Tesco for ages and I switched to Sainsburys. However I was passing the Tesco Basingstoke store and decided to pop in to get a feel for the store as I have bought Tesco shares recently. It was a horrible experience. Cold, staff were not very helpful and the very cheap Tesco bags split when I placed some heavy items inside. I will not go back for a while as Sainsburys and Morrisons are a much better experience. Come on Tescos sort this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Tas,

"LOL who freaking cares... Do you realise that the daily movements in the sp have nothing to do with your impression of a 1 store visit ?"

I'm sure that no-one, including tejo, believes that one person's experience in one store is going to have any impression on the share price, but I for one find these experiences useful and helpful in guiding me as to whether to hold or sell (the buy decision, for better or worse, having already been taken!).

One thing is for sure, posts like tejo's are every bit as useful as your suggestion that anyone pay attention to the 311p level FFS.

The goats' entrail merchants are alive and well so long as you're around, Tas.

LKH on the flybridge'

LKH,

Remind me where your stop is on your 330 purchase ?

Tas

My local store smells like p i s s so I'm going to sell :)

""Do you realise that the daily movements in the sp""
Which in turn have no relation to long term performance of sp...
Punters watching charts can in no way influence the sp in the long term...
They can for a short time play against each other sometimes feeling happy and down...and making the brokers rich...

""Trust me if 311 breaks you're going to start caring""
Really waiting for that moment...as I am looking to buy more more more

Tas,

"Remind me where your stop is on your 330 purchase ?"

Good point. I haven't finally decided, but will probably set it at a 15% fall, ie 280.

I'd hate to see a rerun of my RBS experience, (in at £6, out at 50p odd) so remind me if we get anywhere near 280.

LKH on the flybridge down 5% on Tesco at present

"" Cold, staff were not very helpful""
Can you please elaborate and let us know what you were expecting...how that is done in Sainsbury and what you have done about it to let customer service at Tesco know about it.
You are like, "I have bought Tesco shares for a punt" and have no interest in it's long term well being....
You seem like more in Tas category unless you can elaborate on my questions above....

LKH,

Didn't you say you'd set it at a maximum of 10% loss ?

My drive here is for you to appreciate the various support levels. If you do anything don't set your stop loss just above support.

Tas

""My local store smells like p i s s so I'm going to sell ""
Are you talking about selling your house?

"""I haven't finally decided, but will probably set it at a 15% fall, ie 280.""
Where you did you learn value investors have stops :) gosh you too are a gambler like Tas...:)

But because the internet lets you have an anonymous voice you think you can insult who you like

>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

and an anonymous name like ' my name is bond james bond' hehehehehe
chris

""My local store smells like p i s s so I'm going to sell ""
Are you talking about selling your house?

My comment was clearly a joke. Yours was an uncalled-for insult.

A nice overview and possible addition
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/23/himart-tesco-idUSL4E8DN16920120223
Something nice
http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/news/tesco-in-csr-push/4000257.article