Menu
Close

Topped up

lse:vec

Today.

And again yesterday at 125 p

And again today @ 117p

And again with spare funds @ 111p

Topped up at 79.2p … hope this ones better then last held for years.

well you got that wrong big time god knows whats going on here but someone does if only we did.

sos - well negative sentiment has got a grip on VEC! It must be so much cheaper to buy out than when the stories of a buy uout first surfaced - it would be a shame if that happened, but that is the way the markets tends to work - I just hope PIs dont get too spooked by the recent fall - its not pleasant, but these Bios are by their nature risky plays! ATB AR

Think we are officially in falling knife territory.Once the fall starts its difficult to pull things back around. Sentiment will drive this lower no doubt as everyone tries to guess the bottom. I thought under a quid looked cheap.

CL

CL - bad luck on your part - its never pleasant to see a decision you make undermined, but I think you are right, ‘falling knife’ seems the only way to describe the anxiety gripping VEC right now. It will bounce as the ‘buy low brigade’ see a battered stock ripe for a few bucks profit, but unfortunately the volatility may well take some time to work off, once it has hit trading!

ATB, and I hope VEC can deliver some good news soon to reverse the fall! AR

Is this the reason for battering today??

http://www.iii.co.uk/stockmarketwire/481938/gsk-submits-landmark-impact-data-support-expanded-label-trelegy-ellipta?context=LSE:GSK

Well irony upon irony! “Peel Hunt today reaffirms its hold investment rating on Vectura Group PLC (LON:VEC) and cut its price target to 120p (from 160p).” Well 120p would be just fine for now! AR

From a FiercePharma article…

…Despite its powerful presence in Washington, D.C., pharma took a surprise hit last week when the Senate’s budget deal forced bigger contributions in Medicare Part D’s coverage gap. But most drugmakers won’t take much of a hit, analysts said Monday. Who will? Companies heavily invested in diabetes and COPD.
After running the numbers on the budget deal?which boosts drugmakers’ share of the Part D “donut hole” costs to 70% from 50% beginning next year?analysts came up with an average loss of 1% off of earnings per share.
But the average is just that, and companies whose meds are heavily used by Medicare patients will take a bigger loss, Bernstein analyst Ronny Gal wrote in a Monday note.
Overall, the bigger Part D burden doesn’t “appear to be a significant concern” for the drugmakers his team covers, Gal said. But diabetes and COPD drugmakers could see a larger hit, he noted, even as they’ve already been battered in recent years by payer cost-fighting tactics. Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk and Sanofi have each seen sales suffer as insurers pressed for bigger discounts, and GlaxoSmithKline offered broad discounts on Advair to snag formulary positions…

So, if GSK is offering discounts to stay in front… who would pay the full price for newcomers…

Ambiorix.

Very hard to get the bottom sadoldsod .
Maybe better to wait for a rise from low.
I am to busy to spend to much time on just one.

Rns results 15 % down set limit lifted @ 70p quickly down to 68p not looking such a good idea… lol

Rns Director buys … up 9%… sliced Wednesdays top @ 81.25 …quick 16 %.
The more i practice …

It seems AXA Investment Managers have also increased their holding in VEC.

http://www.iii.co.uk/research/LSE:VEC/news/item/2727042/holdings-company?context=LSE:VEC

Bought that Friday slice back @ 79p bit cheaper then 13/03/18 top.

VEC…
XXXXX
volatile on Friday were below March top up @ 77p

Hi Andy how you getting on with the new site ?
VEC in my opinion will not be sold soon even at this price ,plus the only company linked to them has now stated they are not interested,and if no body is interested in VEC at this price, then things really do look gloomy .The only up side is the company have said they will meet their earnings target for this six months and full year , thanks to new Novartis asthma drugs. Just keeping my fingers crossed it may kick start a revival.
BE HAPPY
DAVE

Hi Ripley94 how you getting on with the new site ?
VEC in my opinion will not be sold even at this price ,plus the only company ever linked to them has now stated, they are not interested in VEC ,and if no body is interested in VEC at this price, then things really do look gloomy .The only up side so far is the fact that the company have said they will meet their earnings target for this six months, and hopefully for the full year, thanks to the new Novartis asthma drugs. keeping my fingers crossed that news might just kick start a revival.
BE HAPPY
DAVE