Menu
Close

Transactions in Own Shares

lse:gkp

RNS - Transaction in Own Shares

Best Regards @ValueSeeker8

If the second buyback remains at this rate all the way to x-div date (19/09/2019), then we should be looking at a dividend of around 12 p per share. :slight_smile:

“If the second buyback remains at this rate all the way to x-div date (19/09/2019), then we should be looking at a dividend of around 12 p per share”.

But there are still 229,419,566 Shares in Issue so it maybe best not to expect to much

The shares in treasury do NOT receive dividends or have any voting rights, as any one who held a dividend paying share would (should) know. They belong to the company owners; i.e. us the shareholders until they are revived as stated by the Chairman or cancelled.

VS8, working to 3 sig figs for a limited range of possible number of shares still in play and the possible exchange rates; my spreadsheet generates 6 values.

The average is 12.0p and the range a symmetrical plus or minus 0.1p

If i were to include the potential of the “Boris Effect” on the exchange rate then 12p plus or minus 6p might be more realistic :roll_eyes:

@theoryman, The way I calculated it is that I assumed the buyback would continue for the next 6 sessions (to 19/9/2019; the x-div date) at exactly the same rate as in the past 2 sessions.
Therefore, by the end of the x-div day the number of shares bought back would simply be 4*305,300 = 1,221,200 shares; and the total number of shares held in treasury = 6,447,133 shares. Thus the free float = 222,982,433. Then:

Dividend per share = 100X(2/3)X$50/222.982433 = 14.94886 US cents.

To convert this into pence, I drew the following curve:

for a range of GBP/USD from 1.19 to 1.26 in small steps. I suppose this range is wide enough for most practical possibilities in the few days just preceding the pay day when the conversion from $ to £ actually occurs.

I do not really know much about the “Boris Effect” let alone how to model it mathematically or in probabilistic terms, but if I am to consider a dividend value ranging between 6 p and 18 p then the GBP/USD range according to the simple model above would be from 2.4915 to 0.8305!!! This is HUGE!!!

VS8, my reference to the “Boris Effect” and the extreme plus or minus 6p was followed by an emoji, probably should have put a simple LOL - apologies for any confusion caused.

There was an underlying point there though. Whilst the $33 million is fixed, and there will be very little change in % terms in the number of shares; the exchange rate could vary within significant margins.

What with the court cases, the publication of documents so far, more pressure for further internal info transfers to be made public, concerns about his reaction to the wording of the Benn Bill etc., the previous behaviour and future behaviour of our PM could really have an effect.

RNS - Transaction in Own shares

Onemanandhisdog have been AWOL for a few days now. :worried:
I hope there is nothing wrong and that he is ok

I hope @onemanandhisdog is OK too. Not been active at all for past 6 hrs according to his profile.

OR maybe iii have finally sussed the obedient dog was the admin plumbers altered ego :shushing_face:

Hi Mikey and VS8
Thanks for your concern but all is well.
I’ve moved house and plusnet decided to cut my internet 3 days before they should have.
Apart from that the move went well and we are enjoying the new house

Hi oneman.
I thought there had to be sommat wrong for you to miss reporting Mondays RNS.
I dumped plusnet because of their phone charges, and when I told them of my new provider they cut my internet and left me without internet for around 8 days until.
I ended up using a 3G dongle paid for by my new provider and reported plusnet to the Ombudsman.

Hi Mikey
I think I will end up doing the same.After almost wrecking my move one guy said he would offer me £6 compensation.

Hi oneman.
My present provider is Daisy Communications
I am paying £47pm for their highest speed plus telephone costs @ 1p per minute for national & local

Thanks Mikey .
I have just sent a letter to plusnet demanding to swap without penalty.