Menu
Close

Dr m discussion board

I bought Tap on the fall @ 100 only to watch it fall to 73 hours after .
But sold that top up @ 114 on Friday .
Funny board this Dr m always preached buying rising shares not massive faller’s like tap ??

@Ripley94, no-one ‘preached’ anything to you or anyone else. It was not a ramp to buy. I was replying to @share_123_maiden that I agreed about Chinese and Israeli shares but chose to buy Taptica . Besides I prefer to communicate with someone with whom I can share information like @share_123_maiden but you don’t have to read the posts if you don’t want to.
No-one cares what I do and neither do I care what you or others do.

I am afraid you are wrong.
Look back on here you will see evedence of Dr m ( Marksman ) doing just that.
Not sure what your up to.

What happened to Dr M? i haven’t seen him post in months. is he alive and well?

Sorry, I don’t know

I have asked that question out of genuine concern over last few months.

But it might be he was one of the posters ( like last- call , who admits to have many different names )
Last call appears under a name throws ideas about then disappears and his case deramping .

I emailed Dr M after he stopped posting on this board inviting him to meet for lunch, but he never replied. I then phoned him and he hung up when he realised it was me. For some reason he took great offence at any comments I made about Lloyds Bank or Vodafone as he was a great fan of both shares. I sold the holdings I had in both of these around that time as they were poor performers (and for the record have continued to be so).

@Ripley94, Taptica is now at 125

Thanks for information mememe.
Mistake slicing the last top up in hindsight
Maybe this is the time to buy it.
That would be more like the Dr m style.
If he still reads board maybe he will jump in get some of the losses from vod back.
I put a limit buy on VOD today but it did not lift , time will tell if that was lucky or not .

@Ripley94, it’s never a bad time to take profits. You never know what’s round the corner.

@mememe, did you ever take a look at Barco that I mentioned before, lovely chart, up over 30% since beginning of April.

Angle had a successful fund raise of £18m today, did you buy any in the end?

Nice gap up for Cerillion today after the announcement of a major contract win.

@share_123_maiden, I took a look when you mentioned it and bought. thanks.
Angle too but showing a small loss.
I don’t hold Cerillion.
I got rid of Future last week read a negative review.
Somero took a big hit - not sure whether to buy.
Also getting rid of pure UK stocks and today sold the retailers I own - just Joules and perhaps another left I need to check. UK PLC is in a bad way.

Good to know some of you are still alive and kicking on this board if sadly Dr M and Loads seem to have moved on = shame.
A few that might interest that I hold and am happy with:-
IIPR div1.4% - in the past yr 1d+3.2, 1m 46% and 1y 254%
KEYS div 1.7% - 0/10/57%
SCT div 1.4% - o.75/7/31%
EVR mainly for the div, but still in rising
Not sure ref FEVR maybe overdone, but still doing good in US
MANO - not a year yet but doing great, super results last week then two awful days, but can’t see any reasons, so holding as still up. I sold FUTR recently and SOM ages ago before the drop. Hard to find anything with a Stan 2 rise!

@Lorinnae, you said “Hard to find anything with a Stan 2 rise!” and I have to agree. I feel that the market is perhaps reaching its peak. I have been re-aligning my portfolio with less momentum shares and adding to those of good quality and value and hopefully paying a dividend which is well covered. I’m looking for companies with generally little or not debt too if possible, but this does vary from sector to sector. I notice you have a couple of holdings in the legal sector with KEYS and MANO which may be more resilient in a downturn. I hold GTLY in this sector which pays a decent dividend of c 5% and on a forward PE of 12, although the share price has been fairly uninspiring for the last year or so. I’ve also looked at RBGP in the past which is on a forward PE of 14 with a dividend yield of c 4.5%. I also still hold BUR but am considering banking some of the profit on this one.

Given the recent rise in the gold price it might also be a good time to be considering miners so your holding in EVR looks like a good idea. There was a subscriber only article on Sharescope yesterday expressing the same sentiment.

I never bought FUTR but you can’t buy everything, so well done on that one. SCT I have held for some time and continue to hold. I also still hold SOM as I believe the management here tend to under promise and over deliver and even when there is a drop in the share price there is still the large dividend to consider. I also still continue to hold FEVR as I agree that the US market has huge potential, but it is dependent upon the ability to deliver as many a UK company has come a cropper in the US, time will tell.

Good luck with your investments and as always DYOR.

@Lorinnae you might like to take a look at EMIS, IEM, ITM and EQS (formally FairFX) which have some nice charts (I hold all four).

On the defensive side have a look at RFX forward PE 9.8 and yield 3.9% and CAPD forward PE 8.9 and yield 4.3% (again I hold both).

ashare_123_maiden - many thanks for info shared, and a couple I am watching carefully. FUTR
I sold in June only had for 2 months . Good while I felt it lasted.Things are changing so quickly.
I agree divs are good (as long as the Co doesn’t drop them). Momentum my preferred is hard to come by. Don’t think I mentioned MELI no Div., held since May only 6% up so far, and OXIG since end of June also + 6%. SDY held since May, got Div now but no rise and research suggests dump?. For some reason I don’t think mentioned RENT held since 2016, graph still looks OK, 1+% div and so far gain 162+% so that stays (for now). Onwards and hopefully upwards!!!

@Lorinnae, what stock is RENT? can’t find this ticker code. thanks

@mememe, I think she means Rentokil Initial epic RTO.

@share_123_maiden, thanks. I thought it was Rentokil as that has been doing well but wasn’t sure.

So sorry folks not been here for a couple of days, yes quite right, I got it wrong I meant RTO, held since Feb 16, and still looks almost Stan 2. Don’t know whether either of you do US stocks? Maybe I mentioned IIPR before, but since Feb when I got it’s up 93% and still looks fine to me. I’ve sold my 2 canabis shares before I gave back much profit, I gambled, but kept this as its not purely Canabis. Toying with selling GAMA as not liking all of what I read and having had for 3 months and showing a 4% loss think that’s it for now.