Join today & trade from just £3.99
Trade from one of the largest choices of UK and US shares, UK funds, ETFs and investment trusts for £3.99.
Our subscription plans start from just £4.99 a month.
Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
Open an account
Whether you are looking for a general trading account, an ISA or a SIPP, we’ve got you covered with a low, flat fee.
Make the most of your tax-free savings allowance with our great value, award-winning ISA.
Our flexible account, where you can invest in all markets in the way you want.
Get your ISA/Trading Account cashback offer
New customers who open an ISA or Trading Account and start a transfer of, or deposit, £2,000 or more before 29 February 2024 will receive a £100 to £1,500 cashback payment.
Once the transfer is complete and additional terms have been met, we'll pay your cashback into your Trading Account. Once you've opened one account, the other can be added for free.
Simply open an account to get started. Cashback paid after 12 months. Terms apply.
Other investment accounts
- Junior ISA: A tax-efficient investment account to help you save for your child’s future. Anyone can pay into it but there is a £9,000 total annual allowance. Available at no extra cost on our Investor or Super Investor plans.
- Joint Trading Account: joint share dealing account held in the names of two people. Invest in funds, shares, trusts and more.
- Company account: An account for UK limited companies to trade online. Investment options include UK and international shares, funds, ETFs and trusts.
Choose an investment account that meets your needs
A Stocks and Shares ISA allows you to invest up to £20,000 a year without paying tax on your gains. You can access your money at any time. Many people start with an ISA for the tax benefits, and then move on to a Trading Account for the rest of their investing.
General investment (trading account)
These investment accounts (our Trading Account, Joint Trading Account and Company Account) give you the flexibility to invest on your terms. There is no upper limit on how much you can invest, and you can withdraw your funds at any time. However, they do not have the tax advantages of an ISA.
A SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension) is a long-term investment with important tax benefits. Every contribution you make to your SIPP will receive a boost in the form of tax relief. You can invest up to 100% of your annual earnings (capped at £60,000). Once you reach 55 (57 from 2028) you can access our full range of flexible retirement options.
Get your SIPP cashback offer
Open an ii SIPP and fund with at least £10,000 by 29 February 2024. You can do this by requesting a pension transfer or making a contribution.
No registration is required and multiple transfer requests and contributions count towards your total qualifying transfer amount.
We'll pay your cashback, after 12 months, in one of two ways:
- Customers on our Pension Builder and Pension Essentials plans will be paid into their nominated bank account.
- Customers on our Investor Essentials, Investor or Super Investor plans will be paid into their Trading Account.
Please check that you won’t lose any safeguarded benefits if you transfer. This could include guaranteed annuity rates or lower protected pension age than the Normal Minimum Pension Age (rising from 55 to 57 in 2028). Please also check any transfer-out fees.
We promote transfers to the ii SIPP on a regular basis. It is important that you take enough time to decide whether transferring your pensions is right for you. If you need more time and wish to qualify for an offer, please wait until the next offer period.
Why choose ii?
- We're trusted by over 400,000 investors
- Rated 4.7/5 with 22,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
- More than 50% of our customers have been with us for more than 10 years
- 1 in 4 UK share trades are executed on the ii platform
- Our average hold time with our customer service team is under a minute
*We've crunched the numbers: If you invested in both our Trading Account (General Investment Account) and ISA, after 30 years you could be better off by £43k. That's more than £1,000 difference a year, just for using us over another platform. Lots of things can affect your final figure. But the lower the fees, the more money you'll keep for yourself. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. Don't just take our word for it: check our working out here.
Transfer investments to ii
Make your investments easier to manage by keeping them all in one place. Our low, flat fees mean that the more you keep with us, the more you will save.
You can transfer your Stocks and Shares ISA, Cash ISAs, general investment accounts and pensions to us. We'll keep you updated along the way.
Stocks & Shares ISA and Trading Account fees and charges
When you open a Stocks and Shares ISA or Trading Account you will start on our £4.99 a month Investor Essentials plan. Should your investments grow above £50,000, you will move onto our £11.99 a month Investor plan.
- Investor Essentials plan: £4.99 a month. Our low-cost plan for those investing up to £50,000. UK and US trades are £3.99.
- Investor plan: £11.99 a month. Our most popular plan. It includes your first trade free every month and you can add as many Junior ISAs as you need for your children. You can also add 2 friends or family members for free. UK and US trades are just £3.99.
- Super Investor plan: £19.99 a month. For super-charged investors. Your first 2 trades are free every month and you can add as many Junior ISAs as you need for your children. You can also add up to 5 friends or family members for free. UK and US trades are just £3.99.
All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service.
Other fees such as stamp duty and foreign exchange charges may apply.
On Investor Essentials, you must be set up to pay your fees by direct debit, and receive your communications electronically. Full terms for our Investor Essentials plan can be found here.
Read more: Our charges
Investment accounts FAQs
An investment account is a low-cost and flexible way to buy and sell funds, shares and bonds. At ii we offer a Trading Account with no investment limit, a low-cost Stocks and Shares ISA, and a flexible SIPP.
This depends on the type of account:
Stocks and Shares ISA – you can only contribute to one Stocks and Shares ISA in a tax year. You are allowed to have other types of ISA at the same time, but the £20,000 annual allowance applies to all your ISAs combined. So if you have contributed £10,000 to a cash ISA, you can only add £10,000 to your Stocks and Shares ISA.
Trading Account – our general investing account, you can open more than one Trading Account. For example, you might have one account for share dealing and another for longer-term investing.
SIPP – you can have multiple pensions, including SIPPs. However, for retirement planning it can be easier to have all your pensions in one account. However, you might not want to transfer pensions that have safeguarded benefits – e.g. final salary pensions.
Yes, it’s easy to transfer your Stocks and Shares ISA, pensions and general investment accounts (Trading Accounts) to us.
You can also transfer money from a cash ISA into our Stocks and Shares ISA.