Invest up to £4,260 free from UK tax in the 2018-19 tax year.
Why have a junior ISA?
- A Junior ISA is a tax-efficient way to save for your child's future.
- Once the parent or legal guardian has opened the account, anyone can contribute into it, subject to the annual allowance.
- If you are an existing ii customer, you can use your own trading credits to trade on your child's Junior ISA account.
- Only your child can take money out of the Junior ISA, after they turn 18 - to help with the costs of university fees, first home or simply give them a flying start.
- You can open one Junior cash ISA and one Junior stocks and shares ISA per tax year, and you can split the £4,260 allowance between them as you wish. You can transfer providers as much as you like, but can only hold one of each type at any one time.
We give you access to invest in over 40,000 UK and global stocks including funds, Investment Trusts, Exchange Traded Funds and more, across 17 stock exchanges
Flexible ways to invest
Invest lump sums or from £25 per month with our regular investing service. You can also transfer existing Junior ISAs or Child Trust Funds.
How to apply for a Junior ISA
Before you apply for a Junior ISA you need to make sure that you read our Junior ISA Key Features Document and Junior ISA Terms of Service.
Parental Responsibility: This is a HMRC requirement. Please be aware that Grandparents do not automatically have Parental Responsibility.
Risk warning: The value of any investment can go down as well as up and your child might not get back what was originally invested. The tax treatment of a Junior ISA depends on individual circumstances and tax rules may change. If you’re unsure about the suitability of a Junior ISA or any investment please speak to a suitably qualified financial adviser.
Transferring a Junior ISA to us
You can transfer in an existing Junior ISA or Child Trust Fund to us online (you must have opened your ii Junior ISA first). Just select 'Existing Junior ISA' when filling in your child's details (at the bottom of the page). To complete this section, you will need:
- Your current Junior ISA account number
- Your existing provider details
- An estimated valuation (cash and/or investments) of the Junior ISA
It's important to know that whilst you may hold both a cash Junior ISA and a stocks and shares Junior ISA the annual allowance applies to the total combined investment across both types within the tax year. Also, during the transfer process there may be a period of time when you'll be unable to sell your assets, how long this takes will depend on how complex the transfer is. However, we have a dedicated team who will ensure that your transfer is as fast and efficient as possible.
I am already an ii customer
Our upgrade service makes it easier to apply and automatically link a Junior ISA to your existing Trading Account, Stocks & Shares ISA or ii SIPP. However, if your account isn't in your sole name you'll need to follow the 'new to ii' application process.
three simple steps
- Log in to your account
- Go to 'account > add an account' and choose the Junior ISA option
- Complete the online application
I am new to interactive investor
You need to have an account with us before you can open a Junior ISA. Get started by opening a Trading Account, ISA or SIPP with us.