Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
With Friends and Family, you can gift people a free subscription to ii. Simply add them to your plan and their monthly cost is zero.
- If you are on our Investor plan you can add 2 friends and family members at no extra cost to you.
- If you are on Super Investor you can add 5 friends and family members at no extra cost to you.
- For all other plans you just pay a single extra fee of £5 a month for up to 5 friends and family members to join.
Each member can open a Trading Account, with or without a Stocks and Shares ISA, and invest up to £50,000 with no monthly subscription charge.
With our free regular investing service, they could pay no investing fees at all. And if they want to buy and sell investments, they’ll simply pay our normal investing fees (usually £3.99 per trade).
Those new to investing will also have exclusive access to an online beginners’ course, with guidance and support from our experts.
How to get started
Click ‘Add now’ to add Friends and Family to your plan. Investor and Super Investor customers can skip this step.
Copy the invitation link on the 'Friends and Family' page and send it to to the person you'd like to benefit.
Each person you've invited can then open an account or log in to accept the invitation.
You'll receive a secure message to confirm your accounts are linked.
What you need to know
- Any introduced members are not charged a fee. They will pay standard investing costs (usually £3.99 per trade). They won't receive a monthly trading credit. Monthly regular investing is free.
- Every invited member will have their own separate account with no link to yours, giving everyone security and privacy.
- They can invest up to £50,000 each. Above this amount they will move onto the standard Investor Plan (£11.99 per month).
- Introduced members can hold a Trading Account, with or without a Stocks & Shares ISA.
- If you are on our Investor plan you can add 2 free members at no extra cost to you. If you want to add more (up to a maximum of 5) you’ll pay just a single extra fee of £5 per month.
For more information please read the terms and conditions.
Lessons for investing
We’ve produced a course of guides, tools and tutorials to help your loved ones become confident and responsible investors. They'll receive access to our course, including six exclusive lessons.
And like all ii customers, they’ll have access to daily news and analysis from our expert writers.
Friends and Family terms and conditions
- Subject to these offer terms, this Friends and Family offer (the “Offer”) is available to Qualifying Customers (as defined in clause 2) of Interactive Investor Services Limited (“ii”, “us”, “we” or “our”) who meet the Qualifying Criteria (as defined in clause 3).
- The Offer is available to:
- a. subject to point c. below, all existing ii customers who have an open ii Stocks and Shares ISA/JISA and/or ii Trading Account and/or ii SIPP account (each a ”Primary Customer");
- b. subject to point d. below, up to five people nominated by the Primary Customer in accordance with these Offer terms who are each UK residents and aged over 18 (each a “Secondary Customer");
(each Primary Customer and all linked Secondary Customers together shall be the “Qualifying Customer");
- c. Charity accounts, company accounts investment clubs, accounts which are managed (or become managed) under a Power of Attorney and/or Third-Party Authorities cannot be a Primary Customer.
- d. Joint Accounts, ii SIPPs, ii JISAs, ii PTAs, charity accounts, company accounts and investment clubs cannot be a Secondary Customer.
- In order to qualify for the Offer, the following criteria must be met:
- a Primary Customer must follow the process for nominating Secondary Customers as set out by ii from time to time;
- each Primary Customer must have an open ii Stocks and Shares ISA; or SIPP; or ii Trading Account;
- each Secondary Customer must have an open ii Stocks and Shares ISA and/or ii Trading Account;
- each Secondary Customer shall only be eligible for the Offer for such time as they hold an aggregate balance of less than £50,000 between their ii Stocks and Shares ISA and Trading Account (as applicable); and
- there must be no more than five Secondary Customers per Primary Customer at any one time,
(together the “Qualifying Criteria”).
- For those Qualifying Customers meeting the Qualifying Criteria, the terms of the Offer are as follows:
- each Primary Customer agrees to pay a monthly supplementary charge of £5 (the “Supplement”) to allow their nominated Secondary Customers to benefit from the Offer. However, each Primary Customer on the Super Investor Service Plan will be exempted from paying the Supplement and will have access to the Offer for £0 per month for such period as they remain on the Super Investor Service Plan. If any such Primary Customer subsequently moves to an alternate plan they become liable for the Supplement from such date; and
- in consideration for the payment of the Supplement, each Secondary Customer linked to the relevant Primary Customer shall receive ii’s Investor Service Plan for a Service Plan fee of £0 per month (please note that all other fees and charges applicable to the Investor Service Plan will apply during the Offer and Secondary Customers are ineligible for trading credits during the Offer).
- If any Secondary Customer’s aggregate ii account balance exceeds £50,000 at any time, they will be immediately withdrawn from the Offer and transitioned onto ii’s standard Investor Service Plan rates and charges as set out in our rate card.
- If, during the Offer, a Secondary Customer changes to any Service Plan other than the Investor Service Plan, they will be immediately withdrawn from the Offer and will be subject to the rates and charges payable for such alternative Service Plan as set out in our rate card.
- A Primary Customer and each of their linked Secondary Customers may opt-out of the Offer at any time by giving written notice to us. In the case of an opt-out by the Primary Customer under this clause 7:
- the Primary Customer will revert to the pricing that applied to their ii account(s) immediately prior to the Offer; and
- each linked Secondary Customer will be transitioned onto ii’s standard Investor Service Plan rates and charges as set out in our rate card.
Please note that it remains the responsibility of Primary Customer to opt-out of the Offer in the event don’t have any Secondary Customers linked to their account.
- In the event that a Primary Customer fails to pay the Supplement at any time, all linked Secondary Customers will be withdrawn from the Offer immediately and will be transitioned onto ii’s standard Investor Service Plan rates and charges as set out in our rate card.
- Anyone who is seen to be abusing the Offer may be excluded at our absolute discretion (a non-exhaustive example may include a Primary Customer nominating themself as a Secondary Customer).
- All of our existing terms and conditions apply in addition to these Offer terms. In the event of any conflict between our terms and conditions and the terms of the Offer, the terms of this Offer shall prevail.
- By participating in the Offer all participants agree that ii will not be liable for any costs, expenses, loss or damage sustained or incurred by any participant with regards to the Offer.
- There is no alternative to the Offer.
- All other rates and charges not varied by this Offer shall continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend this Offer and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- This Offer is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- All participants in this Offer agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- ii is the promoter of this Offer. The registered office for ii is 201 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 3NW.