Please remember, SIPPs are aimed at people happy to make their own investment decisions. Investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. You can normally only access the money from age 55 (57 from 2028). We recommend seeking advice from a suitably qualified financial advisor before making any decisions. Pension and tax rules depend on your circumstances and may change in future.
What is a SIPP?
A Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) is a type of pension that lets you choose how and where it is invested.
You can combine your other pensions into one SIPP for simpler retirement planning. And like all pensions, you'll get generous tax benefits every time you contribute.
Benefits of our pension (SIPP)
- Control - you can choose where your pension is invested, keep track of your pot, and make changes whenever you want.
- Convenience - if you transfer your other pensions to our SIPP, you'll be able to see everything in one place, and pay just one monthly fee. Learn more
- Low cost - we charge a low, flat fee. Most providers charge a percentage fee that grows with your pension. Learn more
- Tax benefits - like all pensions, contributing to a SIPP provides a range of generous tax advantages. Learn more
- Flexible retirement options - when you reach 55 (57 from 2028), we provide a range of options for taking an income from your pension. Unlike many other providers, there is no extra charge for this. Learn more
- Security - your pension is safe with us. Your money is always kept separate from our own, and we are fully FSCS protected. Over 400,000 people trust us with their pensions and other investments.
SIPPs are popular with people who want more control over where their pension is invested than is typically available from more traditional pension schemes. You can consolidate old workplace pots into a SIPP and you can also ask your current employer to pay into one.
They can also make sense for self-employed people who want to pick their investments independently, or for people who want to invest their pension sustainably, because of the investment choices available.
SIPP fees and charges
Our pension (SIPP) costs £10 a month, plus £9.99 a month service plan fee (£19.99 a month in total).
- You can contribute as little as £25 a month with our regular investing service. There are no trading fees when you contribute this way.
- If you want to buy or sell shares and funds, your first monthly trade is free. After that, trades usually cost £7.99.
- Your monthly fee also allows you to open a Stocks and Shares ISA and general Trading Account at no extra cost - so you can take control of your other investments too.
- There are some activity-based fees for things like foreign currency exchange. View our charges page for a full list.
*Analysis shows you could be better off by £94k over 30 years of investing in an ii SIPP due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
Transfer existing pensions (optional)
You can transfer most types of pension to us. Keeping all your pensions in one place keeps things simple, and could reduce your costs.
You can start a transfer while opening your SIPP, or you can do it later by logging in to your account.
Why choose interactive investor?
- More than 400,000 people already trust us with their pensions or other investments.
- We've won multiple awards - most recently 'Best SIPP provider' at the ADVFN awards.
- Our customers have rated us as 'excellent' on Trustpilot (4.7 out of 5).
- We offer the widest choice of investments on the market - and the expert insights to help you choose.
- And if you're not satisfied with our service, it's completely free to leave.
Learn more about our SIPP
Learn how to make the most of your SIPP with our useful guides.
Promotional SIPP offer terms and conditions
- No SIPP fee shall be payable on all new ii SIPP accounts opened on or after 1 October 2020 for six calendar months (the “Fee Free Period”). After the Fee Free Period has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our then current Rates and Charges.
- The Fee Free Period is open to new and existing customers who open a new ii SIPP account on or after the qualifying date.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- All other fees associated with managing your ii SIPP account shall continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend the Fee Free Period and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants opening an ii SIPP account on or after 1 October 2020 agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this Fee Free Period offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.