What is a SIPP?
A Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) is a type of pension that gives you the freedom to choose and manage your own investments. A SIPP account allows you to see how your investments are doing at any time and make changes whenever you like. They provide the same tax-efficient pension benefits as other types of defined contributions pensions, as well as a full range of allowable income drawdown options.
Who are SIPPs for?
SIPPs are for people who are happy making their own investment decisions. Usually they suit higher value pensions and experienced investors.
Find out more about why ii could be the best SIPP provider for you.
Benefits of the ii SIPP
✔ The widest choice - choose from more than 40,000 UK and global stocks
✔ Expert tips and information - impartial information from our analysts, including selected funds, ready-made portfolios and our award-winning newsletters
✔ Support - our UK-based team is rated 'Excellent' on Trustpilot
✔ Manage on the move - check on your investments any time, anywhere with our mobile app
✔ Free regular investing - top up your investments with as little as £25 each month
✔ Multiple currencies - hold cash in up to 9 different currencies
✔ Fair, fixed fees - there is no percentage fee, so your costs stay the same as your portfolio grows
- Tax relief is available on up to £40,000 of gross contributions.
- Choose whether you pay into your SIPP account monthly or in a lump sum.
- If you are not working, you can still contribute up to £2,880 each year and the Government will top that up to £3,600 through tax relief. Once you have started taking a taxable income from your SIPP you can make contributions of up to £4,000 each year that qualify for tax relief.
Our charges at a glance
- We offer a range of service plans to suit the needs of different investors. Our Investor plan is £9.99 per month and covers you for multiple accounts - most people start on this.
- Our SIPP fee is just £10 per month extra (Special offer: Open today and pay no SIPP fee until April 2021)
- Once you start to take retirement benefits, there is an additional £10 monthly drawdown fee.
- For each service plan every month we give you £7.99 credit, that you can use for trading or dividend reinvestment, and free regular investing. Additional trades in UK Shares, Funds and Investment Trusts cost £7.99 a trade.
Our fair flat fees ensure that your costs will stay the same even as your investments grow. Over a long-term investment, our low-cost SIPP could help you save £20,000 or more compared with our competitors*. Learn more
Open a SIPP by 30 June 2020 and pay no SIPP fee until April 2021.
This means your service plan fee of £9.99 covers you for all of your investment accounts. Following the offer period, the ii SIPP fee is only £10 a month more, and could save thousands compared to other pension providers who charge a percentage fee. Terms apply
Open a SIPP
It takes less than 10 minutes to get started. You'll just need your address, debit card details and National Insurance number to hand.
Already an ii customer?
It's even quicker and easier to apply for an ii SIPP. Simply log in using the button below and choose 'SIPP' from the available options.
An award-winning SIPP
Transfer to us and benefit from an award-winning service. We are proud to have been named Best SIPP Provider at the 2019 ADVFN Awards and Best Low Cost SIPP Provider by the Investors Chronicle.
* To see how investing with our Fair Flat Fees over 30 years in a SIPP compares with other providers, The Lang Cat used: • A £150,000 initial balance • 40 trades per year • A 50:50 split between shares and funds • Standard charges, with no set-up fees or temporary offers.
£0 SIPP fee promotion terms and conditions¹
- No SIPP fee shall be charged to all new ii SIPP accounts until April 2021 (the “Offer”) that are opened from and including 3 March 2020 to and including 30 June 2020¹ (the “Offer Period”). This shall include instances where a participant has submitted a full and complete application for a new ii SIPP account during the Offer Period but the account is not yet opened, where such delay is not attributable to the acts or omissions of the participant.
- The Offer is open to new and existing customers.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- After the Offer has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our Rates and Charges.
- All other fees, for example a drawdown fee which is applied once you start to take retirement benefits, are not subject to this Offer and shall continue to apply notwithstanding.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend this Offer and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants to this Offer agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.
¹ Updated 29 May 2020