Why transfer to the ii SIPP?
✔ Retire with up to £94,000 more thanks to our low, flat fees. Take more of what you earn into retirement by paying less in charges at ii.*
✔ There's no fee to transfer in, and it's free to leave.
✔ Choose from more than 40,000 UK and global investment options – including funds, trusts and ETFs.
✔ Flexible pension drawdown options available
✔ Combine old pensions for simpler retirement planning
Now even better value with up to £160 of special offers:
Pay no SIPP fee for six months – saving you £60. Then just £10 a month extra. Terms apply
Join today and get £100 of free trades to use this year. New customers only. Terms apply
How to transfer your pension to our SIPP
You will need your National Insurance number and details of the pension(s) you want to transfer.
Download our ii SIPP Transfer In Guide (PDF)
Open an ii SIPP account
It only takes a few minutes.
Start your transfer online
You can do this later if you want.
We will do the rest...
including working with your current providers. We will update you regularly.
SIPP transfer FAQs
How long does the transfer take?
Transferring your pension as a cash payment usually takes 2 to 6 weeks to complete. If you’d like to transfer in your existing investments then the transfer will take longer - typically 8 to 12 weeks, depending on the type of investments you hold.
For cash transfers, stocks must be sold before making the transfer. Timings also depend on how quickly your current provider works with us to arrange your transfer.
What questions might my existing pension providers ask?
Here are some things your current provider may want to know:
- What is the SIPP pension scheme reference number?
0083 5804 RJ
- Is the SIPP a registered pension scheme under the Finance Act 2004?
- Who is the scheme provider?
Interactive Investor Services Ltd
- What is the address of the scheme provider?
Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4AX
- Who is the scheme's authorised practitioner/administrator?
BW SIPP LLP
- What is the address of the scheme administrator?
163 West George St, Glasgow, G2 2JJ
- Who is the scheme trustee?
Investor SIPP Trustees Ltd (company no. 10670459)
- What are the transfer cheque payee details?
Investor SIPP Trustees Ltd "re YOUR NAME"
Some pension providers may ask you to return your original policy document to them or include a written declaration with your transfer application if you’re unable to find your documentation.
What types of pension you can transfer?
- Personal Pension Plans
- Pensions in drawdown
- Other SIPPs
- Executive Pension Plans
- Defined Benefit Occupational Pension Schemes
- Free Standing Additional Voluntary Contributions (FSAVCs)
- Small Self-Administered Schemes (SASS)
- Stakeholder pension plans
- Occupational Money Purchase Schemes
- Retirement Annuity Plans
- Recognised Overseas Pension schemes
What should I consider before I transfer a pension?
Before you decide to transfer a SIPP to us, it's important that you make sure it's right for you. You should ensure that you won't lose any valuable benefits, such as safeguarded benefits, guarantees or bonuses. You should also find out what your exit fees will be before starting.
If you're unsure, we recommend seeking the advice of a qualified financial adviser.
Can I transfer a SIPP to another SIPP?
Yes - you can transfer an existing SIPP into an ii SIPP - the same way you'd transfer another pension.
To start, you will need to open an ii SIPP account. You can either start your SIPP transfer while opening an account, or you can do it later by logging in to your online account.
Once the transfer process has started, we will keep you up-to-date with progress.
Can I transfer a personal pension to a SIPP?
Yes, a personal pension is one of the pension types you can transfer to an ii SIPP.
SIPP fees and charges
With our SIPP you’ll pay a low, flat fee. Most providers charge percentage fees that grow with your pension value.
- Your £9.99 service plan fee gives you access to the widest range of investments on the market.
- The SIPP fee is just £10 a month extra, bringing the total cost to £19.99 per month. (special offer: pay no SIPP fee for your first six months).
- SIPP customers can add a Stocks & Shares ISA, Trading Account and Junior ISA at no extra cost.
- We give you a free trade every month, and there are no trading fees with our regular investing service.
Richard Wilson, CEO, interactive investor says:
4 out of 5 pensions transferred to ii come from the major pension and life companies. Those companies tend to have complex and opaque charges, and hope their customers won’t notice when they are being quietly ripped off. Our customers won’t fall for that. They want a simple, transparent service where they have full control of their financial future.
Open a SIPP today and pay no SIPP fee for six months.
This means your service plan fee of £9.99 covers you for all of your investment accounts. Following the offer period, the ii SIPP fee is only £10 a month more, and could save thousands compared to other pension providers who charge a percentage fee. Terms apply
* Independent research
Promotional SIPP offer terms and conditions
- No SIPP fee shall be payable on all new ii SIPP accounts opened on or after 1 October 2020 for six calendar months (the "Fee Free Period"). After the Fee Free Period has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our then current Rates and Charges.
- The Fee Free Period is open to new and existing customers who open a new ii SIPP account on or after the qualifying date.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- All other fees associated with managing your ii SIPP account shall continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend the Fee Free Period and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants opening an ii SIPP account on or after 1 October 2020 agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this Fee Free Period offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.