Please remember, SIPPs are aimed at people happy to make their own investment decisions. Investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. You can normally only access the money from age 55 (57 from 2028). We recommend seeking advice from a suitably qualified financial advisor before making any decisions. Pension and tax rules depend on your circumstances and may change in future.
Why transfer your pension to the ii SIPP?
- Retire with up to £94,000 more thanks to our low, flat fees. Take more of what you earn into retirement by paying less in charges at ii.*
- There's no fee to transfer in, and it's free to leave.
- Choose from more than 40,000 UK and global investment options– including funds, trusts and ETFs.
- Flexible retirement options available, including drawdown
- Combine old pensions for simpler retirement planning
Before you transfer, please consider whether you would lose any safeguarded benefits from existing schemes, which could include guaranteed annuity rates or a protected pension age that is lower than the Normal Minimum Pension Age (rising from 55 to 57 in 2028). You should also check for any transfer-out fees from your current provider(s).
*Analysis shows you could be better off by £94k over 30 years of investing in an ii SIPP due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
How to transfer your pension to our SIPP
You will need your National Insurance number and details of the pension(s) you want to transfer.
Download our ii SIPP Transfer In Guide (PDF)
SIPP transfer FAQs
SIPP fees and charges
With our SIPP you’ll pay a low, flat fee. Most providers charge percentage fees that grow with your pension value.
- Your £9.99 service plan fee gives you access to the widest range of investments on the market.
- The SIPP fee is just £10 a month extra, bringing the total cost to £19.99 per month. (Special offer: Open a SIPP by 30 June and pay no SIPP fee until January 2022).
- SIPP customers can add a Stocks & Shares ISA, Trading Account and Junior ISA at no extra cost.
- We give you a free trade every month, and there are no trading fees with our regular investing service.
- There are no extra charges for taking money out of your pension – including drawdown, UFPLS or taking money to buy an annuity.
- There are some activity-based charges for things like Stamp Duty and foreign currency exchange. View our charges page for a full list.
Richard Wilson, CEO, interactive investor says:
4 out of 5 pensions transferred to ii come from the major pension and life companies. Those companies tend to have complex and opaque charges, and hope their customers won’t notice when they are being quietly ripped off. Our customers won’t fall for that. They want a simple, transparent service where they have full control of their financial future.
Open a SIPP by 30 June and pay no SIPP fee until January 2022.
This means your service plan fee of £9.99 covers you for all of your investment accounts. Following the offer period, the ii SIPP fee is only £10 a month more, and could save thousands compared to other pension providers who charge a percentage fee. Terms apply
Promotional SIPP offer terms and conditions
- No SIPP fee shall be payable on all new ii SIPP accounts opened on or after 1 October 2020 for six calendar months (the "Fee Free Period"). After the Fee Free Period has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our then current Rates and Charges.
- The Fee Free Period is open to new and existing customers who open a new ii SIPP account on or after the qualifying date.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- All other fees associated with managing your ii SIPP account shall continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend the Fee Free Period and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants opening an ii SIPP account on or after 1 October 2020 agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this Fee Free Period offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.