Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
Why choose an ii Trading Account?
- Low, flat fees - could save you money and help you achieve your goals sooner.
- More opportunities - choose from more than 40,000 UK and global stocks.
- You're in control - check on your investments any time, anywhere with our secure mobile app.
- We've got your back - our UK-based team is rated 'excellent' on Trustpilot.
- Learn from the best - impartial information from our analysts, including selected funds, ready-made portfolios and our award-winning newsletters.
Analysis shows you could be better off by £43k over 30 years of investing in an ii Trading Account (General Investment Account) plus an ii ISA due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
Get £100 when you open a Trading Account
New customers who open a Trading Account before 31 December 2023 could receive £100 cashback when they fund their account. Subject to a minimum account value and holding period. Terms and fees apply.
Ready to open your Trading Account?
All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service. Other fees such as stamp duty and foreign exchange charges may apply. Read more: Our charges
If you're already a customer simply log in to add a Trading Account.
ii currently pays interest on British pound and US dollar cash balances. See here for our latest rates.
Looking for a general investment account?
The ii Trading Account is ideal for investors who want flexibility and uncapped investment options. You’ll have access to one of the widest choice of investment options in the market - including shares, funds, trusts and ETFs.
We give you the tools you need to become a confident investor, including expert insights straight to your inbox. Plus you can access your money whenever you like and trade securely at any time, using our iOS and Android apps.
Joint Trading Account
Our Joint Trading Account provides all the benefits of our trading account, but with shared ownership. Investments held in a joint account will be registered in both names.
It’s easy for both people to access, with separate passwords. You’ll each have a private view of any personal accounts, such as our ISA or SIPP.
Our Investor Essentials plan is not available on this account type.
An investment platform you can trust
- We are the UK’s #1 flat-fee investment platform, with over 400,000 customers.
- We are multi award-winning.
- To ensure its safety, any money you hold with ii is placed in a bank account which is established with statutory trust status. This means your money is kept separate from our own.
- You are also protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).
- And if you are not satisfied with our service, it’s completely free to leave.
We offer a wide range of shares, funds, trusts and ETFs – and the tools to help you choose. Take a look at our experts' ideas for building your trading account portfolio: