Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
Our flat fee - why it matters
Most investment platforms charge you a percentage of your assets; meaning the more you invest, the more you pay.
Here at ii, we're different. We charge a low, monthly subscription fee for looking after your investments. This means you get to keep more of your wealth, even as the value of your portfolio increases - helping you reach your financial goals quicker.
Stocks & Shares ISA and Trading Account
When you open a Stocks and Shares ISA or Trading Account you will start on our £4.99 a month Investor Essentials plan. Should your investments grow above £50,000, you will move onto our £11.99 a month Investor plan.
- Investor Essentials plan: £4.99 a month. Our low-cost plan for those investing up to £50,000. UK and US trades are £3.99.
- Investor plan: £11.99 a month. Our most popular plan. Includes your first trade free every month. Add as many Junior ISAs as you have children, and 2 free friends and family members. Additional UK and US trades are £3.99.
- Super Investor plan: £19.99 a month. Your first two trades free each month. Add as many Junior ISAs as you have children and up to 5 free friends and family members. UK and US trades only £3.99.
All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service.
Other fees such as stamp duty and foreign exchange charges may apply.
On Investor Essentials, you must be set up to pay your fees by direct debit, and receive your communications electronically. Full terms for our Investor Essentials plan can be found here.
Analysis shows you could be better off by £43k over 30 years of investing in an ii Trading Account (General Investment Account) plus an ii ISA due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
Our SIPP charges
- When you open our SIPP you will start on our £5.99 a month Pension Essentials plan.
- When the value of your account grows above £50,000 you will move onto our £12.99 a month Pension Builder plan.
- Existing customers with an ISA and/or Trading Account on our Investor Essentials plan can add a SIPP for an extra £5 a month. You can then invest up to £75,000 across your accounts. Above this you will move onto Investor + SIPP for £21.99 a month.
- You can add a SIPP on our Investor plan for just £10 a month (plus your existing monthly fee).
- There are some other fees for things like foreign currency exchange and Stamp Duty on shares.
Benefits of our plans
- All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service.
- UK and US trades cost only £3.99.
- There are no extra fees for taking money out of your pension.
Full terms for our Pension Essentials plan can be found here.
*Analysis shows you could be better off over 30 years of investing in an ii SIPP due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
About our plans
We offer different plans, each with a fixed monthly subscription and trading fees to suit your style of investing.
Moving between plans is easy and there are no exit fees should you choose to leave.
Investor Essentials †
Invest up to £50,000
Pension Essentials †
Invest up to £50,000 in a SIPP
Our most popular plan
A simple low-cost SIPP
Our premium plan
|Monthly subscription||£4.99||£5.99 ‡||£11.99||£12.99 ‡||£19.99|
|Stocks and Shares ISA||✓||Add both +£4 per month||✓||✓|
|Junior ISA ^||✓||✓|
|SIPP (Self-Invested Personal Pension)||+£5 per month inc. VAT||✓||+£10 per month inc. VAT||✓||+£10 per month inc. VAT|
|Friends and Family||+£5 per month||+£5 per month||2 free members ^^||+£5 per month||5 free members|
|Free monthly trade *||✓x1||✓x2|
|Free regular investing||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Online Trading Fees **|
|UK Shares, Funds, Gilts and Bonds, US shares||£3.99||£3.99||£3.99||£3.99||£3.99|
|Other international shares||£9.99||£9.99||£9.99||£9.99||£5.99|
|What you get|
|Independent editorial and recommendations||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Mobile and web access, with phone support||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Access one of the widest ranges of global investments||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
† For Investor Essentials and Pension Essentials plans, a total value of £50,000 or less must be held across your accounts. You will automatically upgrade if your balance exceeds this amount:
- Investor Essentials – upgrade to Investor.
- Pension Essentials – upgrade to Pension Builder.
If you are on Investor Essentials and open a SIPP, or are on Pension Essentials and open an ISA/Trading Account, a total value of £75,000 or less must be held across your accounts. Above this level you will automatically upgrade to Investor + SIPP. For all Essentials plans, you must be set up to receive operational communications electronically. You must be set up to pay any monthly account fees via Direct Debit. See terms.
‡ Pension Builder plan monthly cost includes a SIPP Admin Fee of £10 per month inc. VAT. Pension Essentials plan monthly cost includes a SIPP Admin fee of £5 per month inc. VAT. The remaining amounts cover Platform Services. Platform services include holding funds as nominee and disaggregating income from holdings.
^ You must have an ISA or Trading Account before you can add Junior ISAs.
^^ If you are on our Investor plan you can add 2 free Friends and Family members at no extra cost to you. If you want to add more (up to a maximum of 5) you will pay a single extra fee of £5 per month. See the Friends and Family terms for more details.
* In Investor and Super Investor plans we give you monthly credit (£3.99 in Investor, £7.98 in Super Investor) in return for your subscription. You can use this credit against trading fees in any of the accounts your plan covers. It is available for 31 days.
** For UK and US trades over £100,000, and other International share trades over £25,000, please see the ‘Other Trading Fees’ below.
Other trading fees
Buy or sell UK shares, funds (unit trusts and OEICs), bonds, gilts and exchange traded products. Trade value £100,000 or more.
Buy or sell US shares. Trade value £100,000 or more.
0.04% of trade value
Buy or sell other international shares. Trade value £25,000 or more.
0.10% of trade value
|Next Day UK (GBP & Euro) withdrawals.||No charge|
|Same day GBP and EUR withdrawals. Other currency withdrawals.||£15|
Taxes and levies
How your subscription works
Your monthly subscription covers the cost of products, access to trading and platform services.
Trading Accounts, ISAs, Junior ISAs and SIPPs that are held in the same individual name can be linked together under one monthly subscription fee. For all other account types, including Joint Accounts and Pension Trading Accounts, a separate monthly subscription fee will be charged.
You can change your plan easily online on our Account/Subscription and Billing page. The plans that will appear as available to you depend on:
- The products you hold
- The total amount you have invested
In Investor Essentials and Pension Essentials we also require you to be set up to pay fees by Direct Debit and to receive your operational communications electronically.
Your new plan fee will normally be effective at the next fee collection date (on or around the 10th of each month). If, however you change plan within 14 days of the next fee collection date your current plan fee will be collected as usual on that date, with your new plan coming into effect the following month. You must pay for your new plan for a minimum of one month before moving to a lower priced plan.
Open an account
Whether you are looking for a general trading account, an ISA or a SIPP, we’ve got you covered with a low, flat fee.