Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
What is a Pension Trading Account?
If you have a SIPP or SSAS with another pension provider, you can manage its investments yourself on the ii platform using a linked Pension Trading Account.
The account can be used to manage all or part of your pension investments. For example, you might want to choose some of your own investments in addition to other options from your pension provider. You can also transfer other pension investments to your ii account if you wish.
All other aspects of your pension, such as making contributions or updating your details, are managed through your pension provider as normal.
Why choose us?
- You’re in safe hands – we operate Pension Trading Accounts for many of the biggest SIPP & SSAS providers.
- We offer the widest range of investments on the market – plus the expert insights to help you choose.
- We give you a free trade every month – use this to buy or sell any investment.
- And if you’re not happy with our service, it’s free to leave.
Fees and charges
- A Pension Trading Account with ii costs £9.99 a month, charged directly to your existing pension account.
- Your first trade each month is free. Additional UK & US trades cost £7.99. Other international trades cost £19.99.
- If you have an existing ii account, your Pension Trading Account fee will be in addition to your existing monthly service plan fee.
- There are some activity-based charges for things like Stamp Duty and foreign currency exchange.
Help with choosing investments
Need some inspiration? Our experts have put together a range of ideas to get you started.
How to open a Pension Trading Account
To apply, both you and your pension provider will need to fill in the relevant sections of the forms below. The postal address is on page 7 of the form.
- Pension Trading Account application form
- Asset transfer form (transfer assets from your existing pension provider)
- Additional member form (if there is more than 1 member or member trustee)