Pension Trading Account
The Pension Trading Account was a service that allowed you to manage investments within a SIPP or SSAS with another pension provider on the ii platform.
Unfortunately, since early 2023, ii no longer offers new Pension Trading Accounts. However, you can still use our platform to manage your pension investments by applying for an ii SIPP. This can be run alongside your pension with another provider, or used to manage all of your pension savings, if the ii SIPP meets all of your needs.
If you are an existing Pension Trading Account member, you can see details of your options here.
Benefits of our SIPP
- Control - you can choose where your pension is invested, keep track of your pot, and make changes whenever you want.
- Convenience - if you transfer your other pensions to our SIPP, you'll be able to see everything in one place, and pay just one monthly fee. Learn more
- Low cost - we charge a low, flat fee. Most providers charge a percentage fee that grows with your pension. Learn more
- Tax benefits - like all pensions, contributing to a SIPP provides a range of generous tax advantages. Learn more
- Flexible retirement options - when you reach 55 (57 from 2028), we provide a range of options for taking an income from your pension. Unlike many other providers, there is no extra charge for this. Learn more
- Security - your pension is safe with us. Your money is always kept separate from our own, and we are fully FSCS protected. Over 400,000 people trust us with their pensions and other investments.
Our SIPP charges
- When you open our SIPP you will start on our £5.99 a month Pension Essentials plan.
- When the value of your account grows above £50,000 you will move onto our £12.99 a month Pension Builder plan.
- Existing customers with an ISA and/or Trading Account on our Investor Essentials plan can add a SIPP for an extra £5 a month. You can then invest up to £75,000 across your accounts. Above this you will move onto Investor + SIPP for £21.99 a month.
- You can add a SIPP on our Investor plan for just £10 a month (plus your existing monthly fee).
- There are some other fees for things like foreign currency exchange and Stamp Duty on shares. View our charges page for a full list.
Benefits of our plans
- All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service.
- UK and US trades cost only £3.99.
- There are no extra fees for taking money out of your pension.
Full terms for our Pension Essentials plan can be found here.
*Analysis shows you could be better off over 30 years of investing in an ii SIPP with our Pension Builder plan due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis.