US & international share dealing
Access the main world exchanges through one account with our award-winning online trading and real-time foreign exchange (FX) services.
US & international share dealing with ii
We give you access to invest directly in over 40,000 US and international shares on 17 global exchanges.
We trade and settle directly with local exchanges to give you access to the widest range of securities and the best possible prices.
Convert currencies in real time when you trade or as a standalone foreign exchange (FX) transaction.
US and international shares are held in the same account as all your other investments.
Our UK-based team is available to help, Monday to Friday from 7.45am to 9pm.
Reduce your FX costs
You also control when to convert your currency, which is really handy if you want to sell - locking in any profit you've made - when the rate of exchange isn't favourable.
See our full rates and charges for details of the relevant costs.
Please note, HMRC rules state cash held in an Stocks & Shares ISA may be held only in sterling.
Available international markets
With ii you can trade securities that are listed on 17 global exchanges in the following countries:
- North America: United States, Canada
- Europe: Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Italy, The Netherlands, Sweden*, Switzerland*
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore
* phone orders only
Before we can give you access to real-time quotes and prices on international markets, each exchange requires that users first agree to their terms for the supply of data. To keep things simple we’ve amalgamated all the exchange agreements, so there’s only one form to complete.
Where to look? log in > trading > trade now
United States dealing (W-8 forms)
Before you can buy US listed shares, you need to complete a W-8 form.
- Please return this to us as a secure message attachment. You will need to complete the form using Adobe Acrobat – find out how.
- We still need a paper copy of your completed form – so please print and post this to us when you can.
- Best International Share Dealing Service (Shares Awards 2019)
- Best Stockbroker for International Dealing (ADVFN International Financial Awards 2020)