Menu
Close

Trading update

lse:nxt

http://www.digitallook.com/cgi-bin/dlmedia/rns.cgi?action=news&rns=1&view=full&story_id=26639727

Can’t see any horror stories here, as usual the report is refreshingly candid. They announced another 45p special dividend for January.

They also tightened the range for Q4 forecast, as I guess they already have some better visibility.

Games – I expect the share price to do one of three things – go up, go down, or stay the same – there, wasn’t that philosphical of me - eh?

“Can’t see any horror stories here, as usual the report is refreshingly candid. They announced another 45p special dividend for January… They also tightened the range for Q4 forecast, as I guess they already have some better visibility.”

Yes, Games, can’t see pretty much anything of significance here, that might rationally change anyone’s outlook - yet the stock is down 6-7%?!

We already knew about the latest 45p special though… and the ongoing buy-backs with the residual “excess” free cash flow, over and above.

It is the way of this market, increasingly - perfectly reasonable figures and/or outlook, and your shares are market down 6%, 7%, maybe more… it’s getting to the stage where, if any of your stocks come out with figures or a trading update and the SP is only hit 3-4%, you are doing cartwheels in the kitchen!

Still, you can read this trend as good news, perhaps… it is the exact opposite of the glass-half-full excessive and accelerating exuberance which often precedes a market crash. So… no wider correction any time soon, then??

“So… no wider correction any time soon, then??”

Couldn’t possibly say becaus rationality plays no part in emotions.
However, it does appear that the market is correcting each stock individually as they announce results and people wander off in a pique of panic.

Games – Just about to add a few more Next