Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
Why choose an ii Trading Account?
- Low, flat fees - could save you money and help you achieve your goals sooner.
- More opportunities - choose from more than 40,000 UK and global stocks.
- You're in control - check on your investments any time, anywhere with our secure mobile app.
- We've got your back - our UK-based team is rated 'excellent' on Trustpilot.
- Learn from the best - impartial information from our analysts, including selected funds, ready-made portfolios and our award-winning newsletters.
Analysis shows you could be better off by £43k over 30 years of investing in an ii Trading Account (General Investment Account) plus an ii ISA due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
Get £100 when you open a Trading Account
New customers who open a Trading Account before 31 December 2023 could receive £100 cashback when they fund their account. Subject to a minimum account value and holding period. Terms and fees apply.
Our trading account puts you in control of your investments
Invest in our full range of shares, funds and more
No limits on the amount you invest
Access your money whenever you like
Trading Account fees and charges
When you open a Trading Account you will start on our £4.99 a month Investor Essentials plan. Should your investments grow above £50,000, you will move onto our £11.99 a month Investor plan.
- Investor Essentials plan: £4.99 a month. Our low-cost plan for those investing up to £50,000. UK and US trades are £3.99.
- Investor plan: £11.99 a month. Our most popular plan. It includes your first trade free every month and you can add as many Junior ISAs as you need for your children. You can also add 2 friends or family members for free. UK and US trades are just £3.99.
- Super Investor plan: £19.99 a month. For super-charged investors. Your first 2 trades are free every month and you can add as many Junior ISAs as you need for your children. You can also add up to 5 friends or family members for free. UK and US trades are just £3.99.
All our plans allow you to invest as little as £25 a month using our free regular investing service.
Other fees such as stamp duty and foreign exchange charges may apply.
On Investor Essentials, you must be set up to pay your fees by direct debit, and receive your communications electronically. Full terms for our Investor Essentials plan can be found here.
Read more: Our charges
Looking for a general investment account?
The ii Trading Account is the ideal choice for investors looking for flexibility and uncapped investment options. It is our most flexible investment account and has the widest choice of investment options in the market, including funds, shares, investment trusts and ETFs.
With our impartial expert ideas and analysis, you will have all the tools you need to be a confident investor. Plus you can access your money whenever you like and trade securely at any time, using our iOS and Android apps.
Get started today for only £4.99 a month.
Looking for a Joint Trading account?
The ii Joint Trading account is the ideal choice for a secure investment account with shared ownership. It offers simplified portfolio management and is easy for both parties to access. The Joint Trading account allows you to hold a wide range of investments, with holdings registered in both names
With an ii account you can also benefit from
Active investing with our shareholder voting and information service
Free daily newsletters and market updates to your inbox
No exit fee - if you are not satisfied, it is free to leave