Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
What is a joint trading account?
A joint trading account is a share dealing account controlled by two named individuals. It allows the account holders to trade shares, investment trusts, ETFs and more, with share certificates registered in both names.
A joint trading account gives access to our full range of investment options. There is no limit on the amount you can contribute annually, and you can withdraw funds at any time.
Joint trading account features and benefits
- The widest choice of investments – more than 40,000 UK & global investment options.
- A low, flat fee of £9.99 per month – unlike other share dealing providers who charge a percentage fee on any funds that you hold, with ii your costs won't grow with your investments.
- You will get one free trade every month – there are also no trading fees with our regular investing service.
Advantages of a joint trading account
- Simplified portfolio management
- Easy for both account holders to access
- Certificate share holdings registered in both names can be deposited
Joint Trading Account fees and charges
- Our Joint Trading Account costs £9.99 a month.
- We give you 1 free trade per month to buy or sell any investment. Additional trades usually cost £7.99.
- The £9.99 monthly fee covers a Joint Trading Account only. It is separate to any personal accounts you own.
- There are some activity-based charges that include Stamp Duty and foreign currency exchange. View our charges page for a full list.