Please remember, investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. The value of international investments may be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their value in sterling.
What is a Joint Trading Account?
A Joint Trading Account provides all the benefits of our Trading Account, but with shared ownership, allowing couples to optimise their Capital Gains Tax allowance. Investments held in a joint account will be registered in both names.
The account gives access to our full range of investment options. There is no limit on the amount you can contribute annually, and you can withdraw funds at any time.
It’s easy for both people to access, with separate passwords. You’ll each have a private view of any personal accounts, such as your ISA or SIPP.
Advantages of a Joint Trading Account
- Simplified portfolio management
- Easy for both account holders to access
- Certificate share holdings registered in both names can be deposited
Joint Trading Account fees and charges
- Our Joint Trading Account costs £11.99 a month on our Investor plan.
- We give you 1 free trade per month to buy or sell any investment. Additional trades usually cost £3.99.
- The £11.99 monthly fee covers a Joint Trading Account only. It is separate to any personal accounts you own.
- There are some activity-based charges that include Stamp Duty and foreign currency exchange. View our charges page for a full list.