Open a Joint Trading account today
Trade shares, trusts and more with our joint investment account.
What is a Joint Trading account?
A Joint Trading account is a share dealing account controlled by two named individuals. It allows the account holders to trade shares, investment trusts, ETFs and more, with share certificates registered in both names.
The Joint Trading account gives access to our full range of investment options. There is no limit on the amount you can contribute annually, and you can withdraw funds at any time.
Advantages of a Joint Trading account
✔ Simplified portfolio management
✔ Easy for both account holders to access
✔ Certificate share holdings registered in both names can be deposited
Joint Trading Account features and benefits
Easy to apply
Apply on your desktop, tablet or mobile in less than 10 minutes.
Select from more than 3,000 funds, UK (including AIM) and international shares, investment trusts, ETFs and more, with access to 17 global exchanges.
How to open a Joint Trading account
To open a Joint Trading account, both applicants must be 18 or over and either UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man residents.
You will need the address, debit card details and National Insurance number for each applicant to hand.
Great value pricing
- Pay a fair flat fee of £9.99 a month and we give you back £7.99 credit every month. You can use this to buy or sell any investment.
- Commission rates only £7.99 for all UK and US trades.
- Our regular investing service is free.
Trading credits offer terms and conditions
- Subject to these terms and conditions, new customers of Interactive Investor Services Limited (“ii”, “us”, “we” or “our”) will be entitled to receive £100 of trading credits (the “Offer”).
- To be eligible for the Offer you must open an ii SIPP, Trading Account and/or Stocks and Shares ISA with us between 1 October 2020 and 31 October 2020 inclusive.
- You must not be an existing customer of ii.
- You must be over 18 and a UK resident.
- Provided you meet the eligibility criteria set out in these terms, £100 of trading credits will be applied to your account within five (5) working days of your account being opened.
- There is no minimum deposit required.
- The £100 of trading credits will be available for use until midnight on 31 December 2020 (the “expiry date”). Any unused trading credit at this time will expire.
- There is no alternative to the Offer.
- Trading credits can be used to offset commission for all real time trades; to buy or sell shares, funds, bonds, gilts, ETFs and for automated trades such as dividend reinvestments. Trading credits cannot be used to offset the additional charges for extended settlement or telephone trades.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, any orders placed before the expiry date will not be eligible for trading credits if they are executed after the expiry date. Please bear in mind that fund orders are generally executed a few days after you submit your order.
- All other rates and charges are not subject to this Offer and shall continue to apply notwithstanding. You will be charged for all open accounts in accordance with our standard rates and charges. Any trading credits you receive pursuant to this Offer will be in addition to any trading credits you receive pursuant to your ii service plan.
- By participating in the Offer you agree that ii will not be liable for any costs, expenses, loss or damage sustained or incurred with regards to the offer.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend this Offer and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants to this Offer agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms must be read in conjunction with the relevant ii Terms of Service, ISA Terms and ii SIPP Terms where applicable. In the event of any conflict between these terms and the relevant ii Terms of Service, ISA Terms and ii SIPP Terms, these offer terms shall prevail.
- These offer terms are governed by English law.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited is the promoter of this Offer. Its registered office is at Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds, LS1 4AX.