Open an account today.
Take control of your financial future. Subscription plans start from just £4.99 a month.
> Stocks and Shares ISA - get £100 cashback by 31 December.
> Trading Account - get £100 cashback by 31 December.
> Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) - get £200 cashback by 31 December.
New customers only. Subject to a minimum account value and holding period. Terms apply.
Please remember - the value of your investments may go down as well as up. You may not get back all the money that you invest. This content of this page is not intended to be a personal recommendation. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment product or service, you should seek advice from an authorised financial advisor.
An investment platform you can trust
- We're trusted by over 400,000 investors
- Rated 4.7/5 with 22,000+ reviews on Trustpilot
- More than 50% of our customers have been with us for more than 10 years
- 25% of UK share trades are executed on the ii platform
- Our average hold time with our customer service team is under a minute
Open an account
Whether you are looking for a general trading account, an ISA or a SIPP, we’ve got you covered with a low, flat fee.
The UK's number 1 flat-fee investment platform
Analysis shows you could be better off by £43k over 30 years of investing in an ii Trading Account (General Investment Account) plus an ii ISA due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
*Price comparisons are based on current pricing up to 1 September 2023.
Read more: Our charges
Stocks and Shares ISA
Important information - The value of your investments may go down as well as up. You may not get back all the money that you invest. The tax treatment of this product depends on your individual circumstances and may change in future.
What is a Stocks and Shares ISA
A Stocks and Shares ISA, also known as a Self-Select ISA or Investment ISA, is a tax-efficient savings account that lets you choose where and how your money is invested.
Once opened, you can choose to invest in funds or buy individual shares, and you’ll pay no income or capital gains tax on your investments.
Learn more: What is a Stocks and Shares ISA?
How much can I invest in an ISA?
You can contribute up to £20,000 every tax year (6 April to 5 April) - this is known as your Annual Allowance.
If you contribute more then you may have to pay tax on your investments.
Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
Learn more: ISA allowance
Get £100 when you open an ISA
New customers who open an ISA before 31 December 2023 could receive £100 cashback when they fund their account. Subject to a minimum account value and holding period. Terms and fees apply.
What our customers say
Please remember - The value of your investments may go down as well as up and international investments may also be affected by currency fluctuations which might reduce their Sterling/GBP value. You may not get back all the money that you invest.
Why choose a Trading Account with ii?
- Low, flat fees - could save you money and help you achieve your goals sooner.
- More opportunities - choose from more than 40,000 UK and global stocks.
- You're in control - check on your investments any time, anywhere with our secure mobile app.
- We've got your back - our UK-based team is rated 'excellent' on Trustpilot.
- Learn from the best - impartial information from our analysts, including selected funds, ready-made portfolios and our award-winning newsletters.
Looking for a general investment account?
The ii Trading Account is ideal for investors who want flexibility and uncapped investment options. You’ll have access to the widest choice of investment options in the market - including shares, funds, trusts and ETFs.
We give you the tools you need to become a confident investor, including expert insights straight to your inbox. Plus you can access your money whenever you like and trade securely at any time, using our iOS and Android apps.
Joint Trading Account
Our Joint Trading Account provides all the benefits of our trading account, but with shared ownership. Investments held in a joint account will be registered in both names.
It’s easy for both people to access, with separate passwords. You’ll each have a private view of any personal accounts, such as our ISA or SIPP.
Our Investor Essentials plan is not available on this account type.
We offer a wide range of shares, funds, trusts and ETFs – and the tools to help you choose. Take a look at our experts' ideas for building your trading account portfolio:
Get £100 when you open a Trading Account
New customers who open a Trading Account before 31 December 2023 could receive £100 cashback when they fund their account. Subject to a minimum account value and holding period. Terms and fees apply.
Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)
Please remember - the value of investments made within a SIPP can fall as well as rise and you may end up with a fund at retirement that’s worth less than you invested. You can normally only access the money from age 55 (age 57 from 2028). The ii SIPP is aimed at clients who have sufficient knowledge and experience of investing to make their own investment decisions.
What is the ii SIPP?
A Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) is a type of pension that lets you choose how and where it is invested.
We make this easy for you with our Quick-start Funds - but more confident investors can choose from a wide range of funds and shares.
You can combine your other pensions into one SIPP for simpler retirement planning. And like all pensions, you'll get generous tax benefits every time you contribute.
Benefits of our pension (SIPP)
- Control - you can choose where your pension is invested, keep track of your pot, and make changes whenever you want.
- Convenience - if you transfer your other pensions to our SIPP, you'll be able to see everything in one place, and pay just one monthly fee. Learn more
- Low cost - we charge a low, flat fee. Most providers charge a percentage fee that grows with your pension. Learn more
- Tax benefits - like all pensions, contributing to a SIPP provides a range of generous tax advantages. Learn more
- Flexible retirement options - when you reach 55 (57 from 2028), we provide a range of options for taking an income from your pension. Unlike many other providers, there is no extra charge for this. Learn more
- Security - your pension is safe with us. Your money is always kept separate from our own, and we are fully FSCS protected. Over 400,000 people trust us with their pensions and other investments.
Planning for your future? Get your pension SIPP-shape.
Take control of your future with ii’s Which? Recommended SIPP. Open before 31 December. New customers only. Minimum £15k investment. Capital at risk. Terms apply.
Transfer existing pensions (optional)
You can transfer most types of pension to us. Keeping all your pensions in one place keeps things simple, and could reduce your costs.
You can start a transfer while opening your SIPP, or you can do it later by logging in to your account.
Before starting a transfer you should:
- Ensure that you won't lose any valuable benefits, such as guaranteed annuity rates or a lower protected pension age than the Normal Minimum Pension Age
- Check what exit fees you might have to pay
The tax treatment of this product depends on your individual circumstances and may change in future .
If you are unsure about the suitability of a SIPP, or transferring any existing pension plan(s) into a SIPP, you should seek advice from an authorised financial advisor.
Learn more about our SIPP
Learn how to make the most of your SIPP with our useful guides.