Take control of your pension
Hilary could potentially add £10,000 to her pension over 12 years by switching to our self-invested personal pension (SIPP).
£1,116 annual charges in year one.
- Based on 0.62% total product & investment charges.
After switching to the ii SIPP
£636 annual charges in year one.
- Based on a flat fee of £239.88 (£19.99 x 12) + 0.22% fund charges.
Hilary spent 15 years working for a large company in a senior role. She paid into a workplace pension scheme to which her employer also made generous payments on her behalf.
Hilary is freelance now and opened an ii SIPP a couple of years ago to keep putting money aside for her retirement. Being in control of her money is important to her, so she’s looking to transfer her old workplace pot – which is worth £180,000 - into her ii SIPP.
Hilary plans to start using her pension to support a wind down to retirement from age 60 in 12 years time.
Hilary likes to keep costs down, so invests across 3 passively managed funds with an aggregate annual investment charge between them of 0.22%. She plans to do the same with the money moved over from her workplace pot. Her total monthly charge with ii is £19.99, which includes £9.99 for the Investor Service Plan plus a £10 SIPP fee.
Statistics for older pensions like Hilary's:
By 2009 there were 1.2 million people with trust-based workplace pensions to which they were no longer contributing (source: the pensions regulator).
The benefit of fair flat fees with ii
- A £480 saving in fees in year one, without allowing for investment returns.
- Allowing for investment growth of 5% each year Hilary could potentially save more than £8,000 in total fees and add an extra £10,000 to the value of her plan over 12 years.
This case study is for illustration only, based on independent charge comparison research from financial services consultancy, the lang cat. Find out more
Start taking control
Use our toolkit to find how to review your old pensions.
Open a SIPP
Open a SIPP or add one to your existing account.
Act now and save an extra £60
Open a SIPP by 31 December and pay no SIPP fee until July 2021. This means your service plan fee covers you for all of your investment accounts. Following the offer period, the ii SIPP fee is only £10 a month more. Terms apply
Promotional SIPP offer terms and conditions
- No SIPP fee shall be payable on all new ii SIPP accounts opened on or after 1 October 2020 for six calendar months (the "Fee Free Period"). After the Fee Free Period has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our then current Rates and Charges.
- The Fee Free Period is open to new and existing customers who open a new ii SIPP account on or after the qualifying date.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- All other fees associated with managing your ii SIPP account shall continue to apply.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend the Fee Free Period and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants opening an ii SIPP account on or after 1 October 2020 agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this Fee Free Period offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.