Important information - investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. If you're in any doubt about the suitability of a stocks & shares ISA, you should seek independent financial advice. The tax treatment of this product depends on your individual circumstances and may change in future. If you are uncertain about the tax treatment of the product you should contact HMRC or seek independent tax advice.
What is an ethical stocks and shares ISA?
An ethical ISA allows you to invest in a socially responsible way. By choosing investments that meet our ethical criteria, you can grow your money without sacrificing your values.
That may mean avoiding investments that don’t consider the environment, or in controversial industries such as gambling.
How to invest in an ethical ISA with ii
Investors are increasingly looking for investments that match their personal values.
Our experts have made this easy for you. We have carefully selected a range of ethical investment options that are designed to grow your money without sacrificing your values.
We have filtered these choices into our three 'ACE' ethical styles:
- Avoids certain companies, sectors or business practices, such as tobacco
- Considers strict environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria
- Embraces companies that deliver positive social or environmental outcomes
Ethical ISA investing options
We have made it easy to choose ethical options for your stocks and shares ISA.
ii ACE 40
The UK’s first rated list of ethical investments - 30 best-in-class funds, trusts and ETFs.
Benefits of investing in an ethical stocks and shares ISA
- Invest to reflect your personal values
- Find investments that consider or embrace environmental or social issues
- Our lists of ethical investments make it easy to build your portfolio
Our customers have increased their holdings in ethical investments significantly over the past four years. This could be down to a combination of greater availability, increased awareness, and long-term performance.
A growing body of evidence suggests companies with good environmental, social and governance practices should be expected to outperform their less ethical counterparts, especially as interest in sustainability and the environment grows.
To help you find suitable investments, we have developed market leading tools, including our ethical investments long list, ACE 40 shortlist of recommended investments and ethical growth portfolio.
Why choose us for your ISA?
- Low, flat fees – other providers charge a percentage, which mean their fees grow with your investments
- Reliable service –we are rated ‘excellent’ on Trustpilot
- The widest choice – over 40,000 UK and global investment options to choose from
- One free trade every month – regular investing is also free
- Expert insights –receive regular tips from our experts to help you become a better investor
How we choose our ethical investments
We have collated more than 140 investment options that are socially and environmentally responsible.
These funds, trusts and ETFs all follow a range of different approaches to ethical investing. For example, they may strict ESG (environmental, social and governance) criteria. Or they may avoid polluting industries, or controversial products such as tobacco.
Ethical Junior ISA
You can also use our ethical investing lists to find options for your Junior Stocks and Shares ISA (JISA).
A Junior ISA is a tax-efficient way to invest for your child’s future. You can invest up to £9,000 a year tax-free, and anyone can contribute.