Important information - investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. If you're in any doubt about the suitability of a stocks & shares ISA, you should seek independent financial advice. The tax treatment of this product depends on your individual circumstances and may change in future. If you are uncertain about the tax treatment of the product you should contact HMRC or seek independent tax advice.
What is a Stocks and Shares ISA?
A Stocks and Shares ISA, also known as a Self-Select ISA or Investment ISA, is a tax-free savings account that lets you choose where and how your money is invested. You can invest up to £20,000 a year, in one ISA or several different ISAs.
Be better off with an ii ISA.
- Our fair, flat fees don’t grow with your investments, so more of your money stays invested.
- No matter how long you plan to hold your ISA, you could be better off with ii.
- We give you a free trade every month, and there are no trading fees with our regular investing service.
- Benefit from the widest choice of investments, plus expert analysis to help you choose.
- If you're an existing customer, you can add an ISA to your account at no extra cost.
Analysis shows you could be better off by £32k over 30 years of investing in an ii ISA due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
ISA cashback offer
Start the transfer of an ISA (or ISAs) worth £20,000 or more to us in July, and we’ll give you £100 in cash on completion. This offer's available to new and existing customers transferring Stocks and Shares ISAs and Cash ISAs. You’ll need a linked Trading Account, which is free with your ISA. Terms apply
Why invest in a Stocks and Shares ISA?
A Stocks and Shares ISA is a great way of investing money and protecting any profits or interest from tax.
A Stocks ISA could also give you a greater return compared with a Cash ISA or a regular savings account, although this is not guaranteed.
You could also lose money if the value of your investments falls, so it is very important to manage your risk and seek financial advice if you are not sure.
Investors love ISAs because they are simple and flexible. But with interest rates at record lows, a Stocks and Shares ISA provides a better opportunity than cash to grow your money over the long term – although this can’t be guaranteed.
Once stashed inside an ISA, your investments are sheltered from capital gains and dividend taxes, and you can take the money out at any time free of tax too.
Stocks and Shares ISA fees and charges
- Our Stocks and Shares ISA costs £9.99 a month. This covers you for multiple accounts, including a Trading Account.
- We give you 1 free trade per month to buy or sell any investment. Additional trades usually cost £7.99.
- It is free to top up your ISA each month - there are no trading fees with our regular investing service.
- Add a SIPP today and pay no SIPP fee for six months. Then just £10 a month extra.
- There are some activity-based charges for things like Stamp Duty and foreign currency exchange. View our charges page for a full list.
An award-winning Stocks and Shares ISA
interactive investor was named Best Stocks & Shares ISA Provider at the 2021 Online Personal Wealth Awards, Best Stocks & Shares ISA at the 2020 Shares Awards and Best Low-Cost ISA and Best Sustainable ISA by Boring Money .
With our Stocks and Shares ISA you are in control – with access to over 40,000 UK and international investment options.