menu

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

Thanks for your reply Kaka.

Your answer sounds very vague. From the events today, including the Dominic Grieve (Con) amendment, it is very likely that “no deal” would be rejected by parliament so that doesn’t look very practical way forward.

One possibility would be to put your trust in the people to vote for a “no deal” exit in a second referendum. But that doesn’t look like a likely outcome either.

And then you have BRINO options such as May’s deal or a Norway/EEA solution. Would they work for you?

Cheers,

Frog

Wasn’t it Labour who were responsible for Windrush not May get your facts right

RRW

There is some truth in that. The Windrush scandal got much worse under May’s tenure at the Home Office as she tried to meet unmeetable targets and when she created the hostile environment with vans and all.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

‘‘Thanks for your reply Kaka.
Your answer sounds very vague. From the events today, including the Dominic Grieve (Con) amendment, it is very likely that “no deal” would be rejected by parliament so that doesn’t look very practical way forward.
One possibility would be to put your trust in the people to vote for a “no deal” exit in a second referendum. But that doesn’t look like a likely outcome either.
And then you have BRINO options such as May’s deal or a Norway/EEA solution. Would they work for you?’’

My reply is clear. I know you like repetition and I will only say it again once - that you have to come out of the EU first otherwise you have no democracy in the UK. All the Norways, Icelands etc can be be decided again after the exit - by referenda. You may as well go with TM or otherwise prevaricate for a lot longer. The EU cannot stop the UK having further referenda after March 19 2019. Nothing is agreed…etc etc

Yes, you have clearly set out your position. Only trouble is that parliament is extremely unlikely to approve it.

Not a practical solution.

Frog

Some on here just can’t stand to lose face , Frogs been posting wrong predictions on here for years, he has some front for someone that posted buy recs at 89p, his Brexit views are no different to me, completely clueless.

Doesn’t follow at all. Democracy is a system of Government by the way… and we will still have a system of Government decided every few years by the first-past-the -post system and people voting for their Parliamentary MPs.
We don’t need to leave the EU first before making any decision… and almost certainly won’t as an extension to Article 50 will be made.

#BrexitRef2 is coming… get used to it.

Latest odds (IMHO):

No Deal… 2%
May Deal (including amendments)… 20%
Another negotiated Deal… 20%
Remain… 58%

You are the Guy who cant open a link when everyone else can OR most likely you did open the Link and didn’t like the way it laid bare the lies on the LEAVE campaign. So you made that up…

You were also the one who said IF we dont leave the Customs Union and EU fully it would be a failure of democracy and NOW say you are happy with Mays deals which keeps us in the Customs union following EU law.

All thats going on now is a face saving exercise so Brexiters can say WE WON…
It all obvious bull best hope they have is MAYs deal where will be back in a few years on but with loads of damage.
The only way they get MAYS IF they can get enough Brexit MP,s voting for it afraid that the only other option of peoples vote means we REMAIN…

I’ve never clicked any link you’ve posted , why would I? We won remember?
See you on the 29th March peter , hope your not too disappointed :frowning:️ come what may .

…as I keep saying, the best policy is to ignore him. He is just a wind up and there is no way you can have an intelligent debate with him. He’s not that bright you know?

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

Ive never clicked any link you’ve posted , why would I?
==========/
The reason is this is a discussion group and the idea is to argue your point and let others make their point. If you are just going to ignore links which destroy every argument you made for Brexit. It makes you look like a brainwashed fool.
AND…
You were also the one who said IF we dont leave the Customs Union and EU fully it would be a failure of democracy and NOW say you are happy with Mays deals which keeps us in the Customs union following EU law.

Frog.
I know you are right but I couldn’t resist.

Take his advice as you never actually read my posts.
A: Mays Deal will lead to my ultimate aim…To Leave the EU by default
B: I don’t click your links for exactly the point you are making, to not be brainwashed by hype, I don’t need Farage or Fry to educate me peter.

Not hard is it ?

Italian household debt

"Households Debt in Italy decreased to 41 percent of GDP in the first quarter of 2018 from 41.30 percent of GDP in the fourth quarter of 2017. Households Debt To Gdp in Italy averaged 22.44 percent of GDP from 1960 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 44 percent of GDP in the fourth quarter of 2012 and a record low of 8.20 percent of GDP in the fourth quarter of 1960.

Link

UK household debt

“Households Debt in the United Kingdom decreased to 86.10 percent of GDP in the first quarter of 2018 from 86.20 percent of GDP in the fourth quarter of 2017. Households Debt To Gdp in the United Kingdom averaged 56.81 percent of GDP from 1966 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 95.90 percent of GDP in the first quarter of 2010 and a record low of 28.70 percent of GDP in the second quarter of 1971.”

Link

No more to say, over the course of my lifetime I have spent years in Italy.

The Italians I know are not drowning. in debt.

Government and company debt, OK different scene, accept that.

That s it from me on the subject.

Markets are volatile and there are opportunities to trade and make money.

Take Care All

soi

YAAWN

I know same ole _remain _ guff day after day …

That means turning your back on the Good Friday agreement which means there is no government which can be trusted in the UK, therefore no need for democracy.

Not hard. Set in your ways and absolutely never going to change no matter what the facts.

Like a 6 year old putting your hands over your ears and shouting lalalalalala!

It makes me wonder how or why you ever took up a position at all. Abstaining was surely a better option for you.

At least you’re honest enough to admit that you’re not open to debate on anything and unprepared to change your views. It certainly helps put your comments into context.

Frog, the City most definitely do NOT want Norway. You may have noticed Carney saying exactly that yesterday. The reason is simple, it would become 100% a rule taker with no say in the rules.

Ding Dong: Frog “Xenophobia and Racism K L A X O N”

I think the greater part of the Brexit issue has been driven by May’s far-right, xenophobe-pleasing policies she passed in the Home Office. She believes they have been shown to be her weakness within her sick party, the leadership of which is all she cares about. (I don’t think she was ever a Remainer or Leaver, she just hung back ready to take power if opportunities came her way).

If there wasn’t a deep xenophobic, far-right seam within the Tories, Brexit would have been handled very differently.

Because that seam does exist and they are pro-Brexit is every reason to scrap Brexit right now and go with the No Brexit option. There would never even have been a Brexit vote if it hadn’t been for those few dozen chinless Tories pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Yep…and you dropping in the 6 year old comments makes you a proper hard keyboard warrior.