Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

Yes… these “so-called” experts just aren’t to be trusted… especially when their conclusions show what a disaster leaving the EU is for the UK.
Far better to listen to the likes of Huw and his own brand of EU Doom-mongering.

That’s not a serious question, is it? And are you sure that’s plural?

I’ve already said that twice before so I want the prize when I’m proved right.

IMHO,

SBK

UK Government forecast of Brexit impact (different scenarios) from last year:

Various different organisations forecast for UK economy versus staying in EU:

Every organisation, every scenario shows the UK worse off for opportunities, investment, tax income, GDP… by every measure the UK is worse off.

And that is why the Brexiteers are doing down the UK. You will have your chance to correct your mistake next year, I suspect many will vote more wisely next time even if (like John) they are too embarrassed to say it.

soi,

Listen this from hypocrite Johnson in 2016 when he was still Mayor of London, its only a minute long. I don’t know how you missed t when I posted it before. Pay more attention!

IMHO,

SBK

None of our 3 sets of figures seem to match up. I wonder if these 513k are all finance sector jobs or not. If so, @J_Westlock’s figures indicating 1/3rd employed in the city would suggest 1.54m total across the nation.

The 2.2m figure I gave could be stretched to mean just about anything when including ‘related professional services’. I’m suspicious of it because of the exact same figure given 1 year later (not that 2.2m is THAT exact).

Suffice to say, the impact of Brexit on the financial sector has already had some negative impact and will certainly have more when and if we Leave. I’ve seen no figures at all indicating any positive outcome in terms of employment (or anything else for that matter).

If the Brexiteer-groupies have some, please do pass on a link to add to the confusion.

Hey @john.a.reeves, @Trisco, @fynne… any ideas why all these different organisations as well as the UK Government all forecast the UK being worse off?

Are they:
a) lying?
b) being forced to do that by the “Global Elite” / “EU Elite” ?
c) just plain wrong?

Which is it? And why do they all have forecasts that show under every Brexit scenario the UK being worse off?

And… why do you think you know better?

Maybe you simply don’t care that the UK will be worse off.
Maybe you don’t have offspring or offspring that you care about at least.
Maybe you’re just out for yourself and can easily coast through any downturn small or large.

I’m not sure where the 2.2 figure has come from… do you have a source link for that?

The UK Government said: “There were 1.1 million financial services jobs in the UK, 3.2% of all jobs.”… that was more than a year ago though.

Some of the stats are a little like comparing apples to oranges.
We have:

• number employed in Financial Services (in whole of UK not just “The City”)
  • Insurance isn’t always included in that (I don’t know why personally)
  • Old Eyes figures were for “employed in the City of London”… that encompasses a lot of other types of company also.

Another major impact is the industries that are dependent on the Financial Services Industry… Legal, Consultancies, Accountancy, Service providers, IT Vendors… to name but a few.
These numbers aren’t covered in the UK Gov stats I provided.

These jobs are highly mobile and don’t have to be based in the UK and they go where it makes sense to be based. If it makes sense for them to be in Frankfurt rather than London… that is where they will go.
The more operational flows, business flows, cash flows … as well as staff… that get based in EU states rather than the UK means the more of these downstream businesses will follow.

I see with happiness that Robinson- Yaxley - Lennon has got 9 months. Hope they stick him in a cell with crazed Jihadis.

In a few years time I’d like to see a new Court set up: “The Truth and No Reconciliation Commission”. This would hand out draconian jail sentences to anyone who publicly supported Brexit. I’m keeping a list ready for that halcyon day.

IMHO,

SBK

Hi SBK

Actually first time I have seen that.

So Bojo could be PM.

Wow !

soi

Why did the UK seize the Iranian tanker on its way to Syria? What had it to do with us?

Answer: because the US told us to. Our great ally!

This crisis has been manufactured by Trump and his reneging on the Iran Nuclear deal. He and his chums must be long on oil futures.

IMHO,

SBK

2008 - don’t you lot know anything?

Any of these “forecasts” go past Nov 1st or like most remain supporters and can’t look that far … “we’re doomed I tell ya doooomed “

Well technically 2007 could be the start … you got the point though eh?

Looks like this New York born chancer definitely will be. I wonder if he really did give up his American citizenship? He’d say anything, contradict himself, turncoat on any subject to get his hands on that prize.

His sabotaging of Sir Kim Darroch was treasonous. So its almost like Lord Haw Haw replacing Churchill during the war. Tommy Robinson is actually a dead ringer for William Joyce.
Maybe they are related:

IMHO,

SBK

I

?

All the forecasts go beyond this year as you well know.
So your considered response is “like most remain supporters and can’t look that far … “we’re doomed I tell ya doooomed”

That says a lot… trying to ignore analysis and conclusions from various organisations (Government and non-Government).

I actually asked:

Any ideas why all these different organisations as well as the UK Government all forecast the UK being worse off?

Are they:
a) lying?
b) being forced to do that by the “Global Elite” / “EU Elite” ?
c) just plain wrong?

Which is it? And why do they all have forecasts that show under every Brexit scenario the UK being worse off?

And… why do you think you know better?

And your point is that because few predicted the financial crisis a decade ago that the UK Government’s ONS Department, all Accountancy firms, the ITEM Club and a host of independent companies cannot ever be trusted to produce a valid Forecast on the UK economy?

Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

yes, in the post above responding to @Old_Eyes

That’s why the figures are so flexible I think. I know plenty of bank data centres where half the people working in them will be on contract and no doubt counted as working in the I.T. sector.

My quote were numbers of people employed in the City and that will now probably include tech companies (heading towards Old Street), Insurance (like @J_Westlock - unsure why that isn’t classed as a Financial Services), the service industry (bar/restaurant staff - which must be overwhelmingly filled by foreign nationals) and transport amongst others. Maybe even the fashion trade near Shoreditch/Spitalfields.

London probably retains staff (and will continue to do so, probably no matter what), by living on the back of being London which will always be a desirable place to live for a lot of foreign nationals.

I’m probably biased, but if I was an Aussie, American and had the skills to work in a good banking/financial services job, working in London would attract me far more, than Frankfurt, Brussels and Dublin - as a place to live/work. Regardless of Brexit. Again, I can’t comment on places further afield.

you ‘overlooked’ the one that went 15 years beyond Brexit, I suppose?