Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

When the facts change he is entitled to change his mind.

Frog

FIAT - hi

He clearly hasn’t. He voted ‘Remain’ and still wants to. His hypocrisy is in voting FOR Article 50 - presumably for narrow political aims (to get an election / Remainers Vote).
JAR

Recession here we come:

IMHO,

SBK

Hi SBK,

Did you see my post above about BW3 messages not being listed on the list of “latest” posts? Are you having this problem or is BW3 being listed normally?

Thanks,

Frog

Well JAR, the most hypocritical one is the pretend PM Johnson. There are dozens of examples of his two faced antics. Just one: his agreement to Mrs Mays Chequers’ deal on the Friday, even raising a toast to her success, and his resignation as Foreign Secretary on the Monday following Dimbo Davis’ own departure leaving him exposed. Sickening lack of honour from that chancer.

IMHO,

SBK

It works fine for me. My posts always appear on the top of the board as soon as I enter them as thousands are waiting for my every word.

IMHO,

SBK

£ now into the Euro 1.07s. Down another 0.56%.

Its time the Brexiteer politicians were rounded up and jailed.

IMHO,

SBK

Thanks. That’s helpful.

Frog

Hi FIAT

No problem for me, currently appears as no.2 of all LLOY threads.

ATB

soi

As predicted and as usual that Italian coalition hasn’t lasted long.

Though I’d like to see Salvini jailed for his racist views I do like the idea of a railway between Turin and Lyon. 4 hours from Paris to Turin. Incredible. 40% funded by the EU too, They know how to make progress.

IMHO,

SBK

Thanks Soi.

Hi

Yes noticed that.

Italian politics been a pantomime for years.
Interesting that whilst being in the Northern League heartland the Italians I speak to not happy with him at all. One young Italian was calling Salvini all the names under the sun.

Mind you I could do the same if talking about BoJo.

So another election or caretaker government coming up.

soi

About 150 of them in fact.

I was going to say that we in Britain are entering into a period of Mussolini style political leadership but that would be unfair because at least under II Duce the trains ran on time.

IMHO,

SBK

Hi Soi,

Is it the case in Italy that there is a generational and educational split along the lines of the older people being more pro-Salvini and the younger people being more anti-Salvini? A bit like Brexit?

Cheers,

Frog

Interjecting, I don’t have any figures on the demographic distribution of Salvini’s supporters but have heard commentators say that before the last election he had a lot of support from the young alienated and unemployed.

Some of this is familiar however:

IMHO,

SBK

Since the late Roman republic. It’s always been the same. The most entertaining politician becomes Consul. Same procedure as every year.

The UK is now exploring its roman heritage in that respect.

only me and the House of Commons select committee
plus every other news source and political organisation not in the pocket of RW billionaire tax avoiders.

hows this for 2 faced.

from the BBC website

Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz, has predicted “almost surely” that there will be a global economic slowdown with “inklings of that” already being felt in Europe, China and the US.

However, he said: “It’s nothing like the 2008 crisis but it’s certainly going to be felt.”

"We have the knowledge with which we could stimulate the economy but we have leaders that have, I think, misguided views of the economy.

And he said there are leaders “like [President] Trump”, who he says is “throwing hand grenades into the global economy”.

Cheers,

Frog

As arsanias said with his usual perspicacity we are in the age of political leaders who are selected because of their entertainment value.

In the case of the duo of Johnson and Dumbo Cummings I see them as performers within a pantomime horse. The only question is which of them is in the front and which is in the rear?

IMHO,

SBK