- We offer an award-winning investment service designed to help you take control of your financial future and are the largest flat fee investing service in the UK.
- We are majority owned by J.C. Flowers & Co., a leading private investment firm with more than $16 billion of capital invested in financial businesses around the world.
- We are 100% equity funded with no external debt.
In safe and trusted hands
- We are rated as 4.6 “Excellent” on TrustPilot.
- We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) so your money and investments continue to be covered by FCA rules and protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- We have an established track record of integrating complementary businesses on time with minimal customer impact and investing significantly in the resulting enlarged enterprise.
Costs and charges
You will pay a flat monthly service plan fee and will have a choice of three service plans so you can choose the best value for you.
You would start on the most popular of these, the Investor plan, but can change it from the first time you log in to the ii platform if you wish. The monthly fee for Investor plan is £9.99.
However, as you get to know your new service, you will pay no monthly service plan fee to ii for the first six months after your move. Terms apply.
There’s much more to help you take control of your financial future with ii.
- Your service plan price can cover you for your own ISA, Trading Account and as many Junior ISAs as you have children.
- Once you start paying your monthly service plan fee (six months after your move) you get at least one free trade a month.
- You pay a competitive flat fee for UK trading at all trade sizes and there is no trading commission for regular investing.
- You can add a SIPP to any service plan for an extra £10 a month.
- And paying a flat service plan fee means that your fees don’t grow with your investments, so you can keep more of what you make.
Investments and services
We offer access to more investment opportunities than any other provider in the UK market today. This choice is backed by award-winning services to support you in holding and managing your investments, keeping you in control.
- Invest directly on 17 global exchanges, giving you access to over 40,000 shares.
- Hold and trade in up to 9 currencies in a trading account or SIPP, saving in foreign exchange.
- Access 3,000 + open-ended funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and investment companies.
- Pick from select investments rigorously selected by experts.
Our select investments
Our Super 60 range includes a wide range of active and passive funds, investment trusts and ETFs. We also offer the UK’s first rated list of ethical investments, the ii ACE 40.
Active growth and low cost growth portfolios for those building their assets. Active income and low-cost income for those more focused on seeking an investment income.
A range of passively managed funds from popular provider Vanguard for a straightforward low-cost way to invest. Some of the most competitively priced funds on the market.
Keeping you in control
- Try before you buy, by setting up virtual portfolios in our free research account.
- Trade on the go with our mobile trading app.
- Set up regular investments (free with ii) and standing instructions for managing your income.
- Benefit from a range of order types for UK share trading, including market, limit and stop loss.
- Option to receive shareholder materials and vote on decisions affecting your holdings in UK shares.
Market news and tips
We are committed to helping you make informed, educated decisions about your investments. From up to the minute market news to investing tips and ideas, our expert team are there to give you access to the very best research and fresh market intelligence daily.
Meet our experts
The ii team covers a range of specialties from investment analysis to market commentary.
Here we introduce you to just a few of them.
An award-winning journalist specialising in investment trusts. An enthusiastic investment trust shareholder. Has seen and survived several stock market shocks.
One of the UK’s foremost commentators on market matters and a regular contributor for the BBC with over 30 years’ experience.
Started his 25 year markets career as a pit trader on the International Petroleum Exchange. Spent time as an investment manager with HSBC. Head of equity strategy at ii since 2014.
Head of personal finance at ii and an experienced personal finance specialist. Has written two personal finance books and won a Wincott Journalism Award.
Popularly known as the ‘Share Sleuth’. A keen private investor who writes weekly analysis of companies for ii, specialising in UK shares.
A self-confessed companies’ geek since the 1980s era of privatisations, specialising in UK and international shares. Holds the Investment Management Certificate.
Consume as you prefer
Daily market and sector news, technical analysis and expert interviews are available in a range of formats - including articles, videos and podcasts.
Intelligence direct to you
You can sign-up to a wide choice of daily and weekly round-up newsletters if you wish, and we will deliver them direct to your inbox.