Please remember, SIPPs are aimed at people happy to make their own investment decisions. Investment value can go up or down and you could get back less than you invest. You can normally only access the money from age 55 (57 from 2028). We recommend seeking advice from a suitably qualified financial advisor before making any decisions. Pension and tax rules depend on your circumstances and may change in future.
What is a SIPP?
A Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) gives you the freedom to choose your investments.
Some people use a SIPP to combine old pensions into one. This can make it easier to keep track of your retirement savings.
By adding a SIPP to the investment accounts you already hold with us , you can keep track of everything in one place. Plus, you can transfer your old pensions to make things even easier.
Benefits of our pension (SIPP)
- Control - you can choose where your pension is invested, keep track of your pot, and make changes whenever you want.
- Convenience - if you transfer your other pensions to our SIPP, you'll be able to see everything in one place, and pay just one monthly fee. Learn more
- Low cost - we charge a low, flat fee. Learn more
- Tax benefits - like all pensions, contributing to a SIPP provides a range of generous tax advantages. Learn more
- Flexible retirement options - when you reach 55 (57 from 2028), we provide a range of options for taking an income from your pension. Unlike many other providers, there is no extra charge for this. Learn more
- Security - your pension is safe with us. Your money is always kept separate from our own, and we are fully FSCS protected. Over 400,000 people trust us with their pensions and other investments.
If you are on our Investor Essentials plan you can add a SIPP for £5 plus your existing monthly fee. You will then pay £9.99 a month and can invest up to £75,000 across your accounts.
Invest more than £75,000 and you will move onto Investor + SIPP for £21.99.
- If you want to invest each month you can contribute as little as £25 a month with our regular investing service. There are no trading fees when you contribute this way.
- If you want to buy or sell shares and funds, trades usually cost £3.99.
- There are no extra charges for taking money out of your pension.
- There are some other fees for things like foreign currency exchange and Stamp Duty on shares. View our full charges
*Analysis shows you could be better off over 30 years of investing in an ii SIPP with our Investor plan due to our low flat fees. This is just for illustration if all other factors were the same. The advantage of lower flat fees over time means that you could be significantly better off in the long run. By how much will always depend on your personal circumstances. More about our analysis
Transfer existing pensions (optional)
You can transfer most types of pension to us. Keeping all your pensions in one place keeps things simple, and could reduce your costs.
You can start a transfer while opening your SIPP, or you can do it later by logging in to your account.
Thousands are already benefiting from the ii SIPP
Thousands of people, building their pension or already taking an income, have already moved billions of pounds from large traditional pension providers to the ii SIPP and are now benefiting from our low flat fee pension charge.
Transferring your pensions to ii also means you can:
- Access and manage a single pension online
- Access a range of investments chosen by our experts
- Pay no additional fees when you start to withdraw an income
See how our flat fee compares with Aviva and Standard Life's SIPPs
Compare monthly charges below. Existing customers on our Investor plan can add a SIPP for an extra £10 a month.
|Pension pot value||ii SIPP||Aviva SIPP||Standard Life SIPP|
|Online fund Buy/Sell||£3.99 per trade||Free||Free|
We were careful to compare products that are all SIPPs and products that even made available some of the same investment funds, with the same fund investment charge. It was also important we highlighted to buy or sell a fund with AVIVA & Standard Life there is no charge and with ii there is a charge when the free regular investing service is not being used. Read more about our analysis.
Existing customers can transfer a SIPP by simply clicking 'Add a SIPP' below.
Why choose interactive investor?
- More than 400,000 people already trust us with their pensions or other investments.
- We've won multiple awards - most recently 'Best SIPP provider' at the ADVFN awards.
- Our customers have rated us as 'excellent' on Trustpilot (4.7 out of 5).
- We offer one of the widest choice of investments on the market - and the expert insights to help you choose.
- And if you're not satisfied with our service, it's completely free to leave.
Learn more about our SIPP
Learn how to make the most of your SIPP with our useful guides.
How can Pension Wise help?
If you have a defined contribution pension scheme and are 50 or over, then you can access free, impartial guidance on your pension options by booking a face to face or telephone appointment with Pension Wise, a service from MoneyHelper.
If you are under 50, you can still access free, impartial help and information about your pensions from MoneyHelper.