lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

Eadwig - hi

Was that for aggravated BB posting m8 ?
How long did you get?
JAR

Eadwig,

That is absolutely correct but it is the same fantastical notion that you purported to be the case in the Creggan murder: the “targeted” shooting of a journalist in the head stood at the back of a crowd from 40m with a clapped out old hand gun - in the dark.

Ah, I’ve been waiting a long time to get that off my chest!

IMHO,

SBK

We didn’t have aggravated Bb posting in those days. Like I said, I was delivering snooker equipment.

All the criminals living in those surroundings I mentioned were terrorist killers, by the way.

Eadwig - hi

Southern humour m8?
JAR
PS Being from Yorkshire - do you need me to explain what humour is?

another point on this surely we as a country are big enough to thank/ award this guy and the others for risking their lives…
No matter what side on the brexit debate you are on and no matter where they come from…

And should we be thanking child murderers who served 15 years and were then freed?

Eadwig - hi

Not sure he changed his views - he was released for political reasons when the Afrikaans knew they were beaten.
JAR

Amazing that no one else was hit then, no evidence whatsoever that the shot was taken from 40m away to my knowledge, the one person in the crowd that had been investigating the lives of those causing the disturbance was killed by the ‘unluckiest shot in the world’ … and nobody charged yet despite the new IRA taking responsibility…

and the National Union of Journalists released this statement. "We are deeply shocked that our young member has become the latest of over 1,300 journalists who have been killed worldwide since 1992 simply for doing their job.”

killed for doing her job. Not while or accidentally but for.

Sinn Fein, DUP, SDLP, UUP and others released a joint statement which said amongst, other things, that it was a “pointless and futile act to destroy the progress made over the last 20 years, which has the overwhelming support of people everywhere”.

" to destroy the progress made "

So, we are to believe up to 12 shots were fired into a packed crowd, at police. And the only person that was hit was the investigative journalist about to release a book about the people who shot her, who was standing behind the crowd at the back.

It still doesn’t smell right to me, I’m afraid.

Of course he did, you silly man.

“No one truly knows a nation until one has been inside its jails. A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens but its lowest ones.”

“Prison itself is a tremendous education in the need for patience and perseverance. It is above all a test of one’s commitment.”

“I always knew that someday I would once again feel the grass under my feet and walk in the sunshine as a free man.”

“It was during those long and lonely years that my hunger for the freedom of my own people became a hunger for the freedom of all people, white and black. I knew as well as I knew anything that the oppressor must be liberated just as surely as the oppressed. A man who takes away another man’s freedom is a prisoner of hatred, he is locked behind the bars of prejudice and narrow-mindedness. I am not truly free if I am taking away someone else’s freedom, just as surely as I am not free when my freedom is taken from me. The oppressed and the oppressor alike are robbed of their humanity.”

“When I walked out of prison, that was my mission, to liberate the oppressed and the oppressor both. Some say that has now been achieved. But I know that that is not the case. The truth is that we are not yet free; we have merely achieved the freedom to be free, the right not to be oppressed. We have not taken the final step of our journey, but the first step on a longer and even more difficult road. For to be free is not merely to cast off one’s chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others. The true test of our devotion to freedom is just beginning.”

“I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.”

Yes. Can you name one comedian from Yorkshire (without looking it up)?

Eadwig - easy
quote=“Eadwig, post:25613, topic:1145436”]
Can you name one comedian from Yorkshire
[/quote]
In fact I can name two:
Geoffrey Boycott
Arthur Scargill
JAR
:innocent:
(text added)

Geoffrey Boycott
JAR
[/quote]

Oh. so you think YOU are a comedian.

I can name two, and one is Frankie Howerd.

Eadwig - hi

Well … I laugh at all my jokes. Does that count?
JAR

article on tactical votung and chart showing polling from the last election. Show that in % terms only the LDS have grown and by 5% this could turn into seats if enough tactical voting happens…

There will be tactical voting in my constituency, Sheffield Hallam, there always has been since I’ve been there, and no way do the Tories take it back.

Agreed.

The vest was probably a fake but SOP for the cops is you don’t take the chance, so the minute they put a vest on, whether it’s a fake or not, means it will only end one way.The vest was probably a fake but SOP for the cops is you don’t take the chance, so the minute they put a vest on, whether it’s a fake or not, means it will only end one way.

Indeed, OE, it has been suggested that some will wear a fake suicide vests to ensure that they get shot dead by the cops.

I reckon its an exotic way of ending it all by persons with unbalanced minds.

Frog in a tree

Its called ‘suicide by cop’ in the states and is an increasingly common phenomenon. (not using suicide vests, but simply refusing to put a weapon down when told to by the police - or similar).

I still can’t see a suicide vest in the videos, but then I’m not stood 3 feet away in broad daylight either and the guy who shot him was.

Well… first it was a suicide belt… now it’s turned into a suicide vest I see in the Media.
I doubt if the Police ever saw either… they just saw a Muslim guy fighting with some other ex-cons (one a child murderer) and someone from Joe Public… and killed him probably because he shouted he had a bomb and looked like the average terrorist.

As a reminder from 2 years back, this is what one of the attackers wore:

Better be sure you don’t get involved in a fight in the City of London whilst wearing a water carrying belt… especially if you’re a Muslim guy:

How do you tell a) muslim guy, b) child murderer from c) Joe public just by looking?

What if he shouts, “I’m Brazilian” or “I’m an Electrician” or “I’m President of the USA”? Should they still shoot?