Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

England could leave the United Kingdom… The Hadrian Wall is still there.

They also don’t mind being part of trading blocs such as: PACER Plus, The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), Pacific Alliance and RCEP.

They don’t want to make themselves economically worse off by not being part of them.

They are not all working class!

LOL! :joy:

GBPEUR up 0.0324%

The shooter, Brenton Tarrant wrote in his online manifesto:

"I am just a regular white man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people.
“An attack in New Zealand would bring to attention the truth of the assault on our civilisation, that no where (sic) in the world was safe, the invaders were in all of our lands, even in the remotest areas of the world and that tehre was no where (sic) left to go that was safe and free from mass immigration.”

The shooter claims to represent “millions of European and other ethno-nationalist peoples”
He adds: “We must ensure the existence of our people, and a future for white children”

Compare and contrast to… ( from https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-24/how-brexit-campaign-used-refugees-scare-voters )

1 month before Britain voted in one of the most important referendums in a generation, the campaign to leave the European Union seemed to be losing steam.

The British public, it appeared, was not convinced that life without the EU would make them freer or more prosperous. Economists were making stark warnings of a downturn if the UK pulled out of the 28-member bloc. The polls indicated the “remain” camp was edging ahead.

Then, the “leave” campaign changed tack. It shifted focus to immigration — specifically, how to bring it to a screeching halt.

Polling had revealed that immigration was a key concern for many who were thinking of voting to leave the EU. Nearly 75 percent of prospective “leave” voters cited immigration as the most important issue in the referendum, at a time when migrants were coming to the UK at near-record levels.

One government minister in support of Britain’s exit, or Brexit, told the BBC: “‘Vote Leave’ does not want to major on immigration, but the problem is that on the economy we are playing defense.”

The result of this pivot was predictably ugly.

We were told quite clearly! "Brexit means Brexit! "
Remember the cheers that greeted that piece of nonsense when it was first uttered?

NZ gunman…
Expresses support for US president Donald Trump as a “symbol of renewed white identity
He claims Brexit was a vote against “globalism”
Trouble with all the rhetoric by politicians and groups trying in use division for their own ends (eg Brexit Trump ) is…
ITS EASY TO START BUT NOT EASY TO CONTROL…always was the case.

FIAT -hi
Brextremists - your word!
‘As you’ve started using the above pejorative word to describe Brexiteers, I assume it’s now OK to resume calling anyone wishing to remain in the EU as ‘Remainiacs’’
JAR
So… what’s the answer then?
JAR

Give it a rest JAR

Does “Take back control” means we really want to be governed by this lot of squabbling loonies forever. I would rather have the EU…

They all knew what they were doing Pete… now they will try and wash their hands of it… “No not me sir”… the armchair racists are out there… taking back control.

FIAT - hi

You were one of the posters who took exception to the use of the word ‘Remaniac’
However, it seems, OK for Remainers to use similar language with impunity.
I’ll certainly ‘give it a rest’ after I’ve commented that it’s pure hypocrisy.
JAR

Just to make my point again, Self serving politicians using division for their own ends, but cant control the after effects…

The Right Wing terrorist who massacred the worshippers in Christchurch claims Candace Owen as his key influencer. @Jacob_Rees_Mogg seen here with Candace Owens. I hope they had honey for tea to mask the bitter taste of hate.

Candace Owens supports The Groper, is a climate change denier, attacks the black lives matter and me too movements. A certifiable fruitcake.

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

She might as well have said “Brexit means potato salad”!

Similar to “No deal is better than a bad deal”

or “The easiest deal in history”

or “Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed”

I could go on…some real gems that will be a testament to the absurdity of Brexit. Raab…“Where’s Dover?”

You cannot control what mad men think or do.

I noted lots of comments about antisemitism the other week when people were trying to diss Labour … not so many now about the cold blooded murders of Muslims.

Why would that be?

It’s pretty clear what’s going on, why people voted for Brexit and what they are.

Yes I agree but politicians reinforcing their prejudice’s for their own gain is dangerous makes them feel justified and is sick…Posting this again…

Amongst other pieces of absolute Alice in Wonderland moments this week were:

Mrs May whipping her own MPs to vote against her own “No deal” motion.

And dunce Barclay closing the debate and arguing for the Government’s own “Extension” motion and “Commending it to the House”. And then…walking through the “No” lobby to vote against it!!!

These were “Beam me up Scottie” moments for me.

I see today the DUP’s sneaky Nigel Dodds has been meeting Hammond and other Ministers to blackmail the Government for another £Billion in exchange for Brexit votes. This is the most corrupt period in British politics since Lloyd George openly sold Knighthoods and Peerages for cash.

What I would like to see now is Bercow vetoing May’s 3rd Meaningless vote attempt and Macron vetoing the UK’s short extension plea. The outcome would then be (as there can be a “No deal” outcome now) that Britain would either have to go for a long extension or a revocation of A 50.

In the event of either of the latter two outcomes I have a bottle of Champagne ready.

IMHO,

SBK

Since when can you be a vigilante in someone else’s country? Stupid Mukker.

I must admit that I’ve never warmed to Australian emigration to Britain since I once lived in Kilburn. I mean we sent them to OZ to get rid of them in the first place.

IMHO,

SBK