Menu
Close

Brexit Wars 3

lse:hsba
lse:lloy
lse:barc

As a democrat, you must accept that Leave was given every chance and couldn’t come up with a deal to make it happen. Therefore you should default to what the majority want. Gracefully.

So, Sir KIm Darroch has been forced to resign due to the treasonous leaks and petty bullying by fatboy Trump.

Three things need to happen:

1. The US Ambassador to London should be expelled.

2. If/when the leaker is found, whichever Brexit/Johnson/Farage supporter it was should be charged with High Treason.

3. The Civil Service should start leaking the truth about some of the leading Brexiteers’ private lives in revenge.

“Taking back control”, “Britain to be an independent country”. LOL!

IMHO,

SBK

Yes, I wanted to tell @oilovlam that Sea Harriers scored 8-0, 7-1 and 6-2 against F15 ‘air superiority fighters’ on the Top Gun range and NOT F16s as I mistakenly told him a few weeks back.

Then in actual real air combat they scored 23-0 against various Argentine jets and piston engine planes.

Which is why we should have kept the upgraded Mk2 until F35s finally arrived. (He’ll know what I’m on about - apologies to his friend he contacted and asked about F16s on my bad information supplied.)

Here is an ideal choice for the next UK Ambassador to the USA based on what he’s saying here:

IMHO,

SBK

Brexit Wars continues…

…in the Tory party as someone has leaked a story about Carrie Symonds being forced out of her Tory party Central Office £80K job for allegedly cheating on her expenses. Could someone be out to get Johnson?

Seriously, is this party fit to be in government at all, even disregarding Brexit?

Cheers,

Frog in a tree

John Major was on this morning saying what a disaster it would be for future relations if the UK was to give in to Trump on this. Johnson has thrown him under the bus.

“far bigger” is relative. EU average is 14.3%, UK has 10.4%, which is still quite high. Germany has 5.1%

…and the Eurozone has 15.7%. That is merely 1.6% more than EU average. It’s not the Euro.

It’s highest in Greece, Spain and Italy and they have their very specific problems, not caused by the Euro. You could only say caused by the way they acted after having the Euro. Ireland also had a financial crisis and is at 13.8%. Estonia too and has 11.8%. Don’t blame the Euro. Look closer at how the countries are different, which reforms they made, how their labour market is regulated etc. pp.

Told you that would happen yesterday !
Face saving resignation but pushed none the less …

presumably you are pleased to see the UK humiliated on the world stage?

Good chance we did it ourselves… doubt anyone cares that much

Three countries who rely heavily upon the tourist industry… where most young people work in the bars and restaurants
So not being able to devalue their currency has no effect on that? :see_no_evil:

You are kidding aren’t you? The world now knows Trump runs our government if Johnson is elected. He is the only member of parliament who didn’t stand behind the ambassador but chose to suck up to Trump and his undignified twitter attack.

Former US Ambassador: “Massively undermines the UK’s greatest international asset, its diplomatic service which is second to none. The UK should defend its interests like it is a sovereign government”.

FIAT - hi

Have you, like Basil Fawlty’s wife, got a degree in the ‘bleeding obvious’!?!
Of course they are. They being Hunt, May and John Major. What’s the common thread …
They’re all Remainers.
JAR

…my point was that the Tory administration is even more leaky than HMS Queen Elizabeth. In more normal times the government would fall and we would have a general election. JAR, it must be pretty dispiriting to be a Tory party member right now with your MPs fighting like rats in a sack as they race towards the cliff edge. You will share the blame when it all goes wrong!

All the best,

Frog in a tree

Gormless comment from a Gorm. So blinkered are these Brexiteers that they can’t see how ridiculous our sucking up to Trump looks to the rest of the world.

IMHO,

SBK

FIAT - good afternoon

So sue me!
JAR :wink:

thanks for the definition but I only pointed out that using a racist and dubious publication to trumpet that England was not racist is going to get mocked.
To my mind this kind of poster is real bigotry using people in a poster that look Middle eastern to incite ppl about EU migrants coming…
Ive posted this before but though you might have ignored it…

So your biggest customer comes to you and says “bit of a personality clash with the salesman you send us?”
You send a different salesman… not hard is it?

Currently about 7-8% more of the UK population want to Remain in the EU rather than leave it.

And it’s really not surprising to understand why. Many have realised that they’ve voted for a dud, that they are making the future for their offspring worse, that populist Far Right politicians have lied to them… still more are dead or about to be.

Hey John,

C’mon, don’t be a coward… or have you too realised that you voted to Leave the EU for reasons that you’ve now realised are total shite?

"
Whilst there are many potential improvements that could be made to the UK immigration system… you have failed to state any reason why it could not be done whilst the UK is still in the EU… and could not have been implemented at any point over the last few years.

So… why is that a reason for leaving the EU?

You also mentioned EU “uncontrolled” immigration.
I assume you are referring to the large numbers of migrants in their exodus from Africa, the Middle East (esp. Iraq and Libya) and placed like Afghanistan (to name some of the main sources).

Tell me what you think would be happening if there was no EU and no Schengen system (for those states that signed up to it)?
Do you think that the migrant crisis would magically have not happened?

There would still be boats coming to the shores of Greece and Italy… they would still be passing through those countries, there would still be some states trying to block them, some trying to help as much as they could and some hurrying them through as quick as they could.
There would still be lorries coming to English ports with migrants (from non-EU countries) trying to get in… IN or OUT of the EU.

So… again… do explain how the UK being outside of the EU is going to help stop such migrants (ie. asylum seekers and illegal migrants) from trying to get into the UK?
You think there’s be less trying to get to the UK if the EU didn’t exist?
"