Jessica Keplinger, 37, consolidated four old-style pensions she had from jobs dating back to the first job she had in her twenties.
They have been combined into a SIPP with Interactive Investor and Jess now has peace of mind that she now has complete control over her retirement savings, previously with Scottish Widows, Legal & General, Reassure and Nest.
“Having everything under one roof makes things much easier as I no longer have to deal with multiple providers – who all have different systems and processes - to check on my fund or make changes. Now I can just log into my SIPP account and manage it easily.
It was also bothering me how much paperwork I received each year from all four schemes. Being paperless is a far more environmentally-friendly way of doing things.”
My previous schemes were very limited in terms of investment choice. For my SIPP we were able to choose a diverse portfolio of shares and funds which I’m hoping in the long term will serve me well.
Jessica was pleased to be able to select the investments herself, with the help of her husband, from a wide range of funds, investment trusts and shares.
“My previous schemes were very limited in terms of investment choice. For my SIPP we were able to choose a diverse portfolio of shares and funds which I’m hoping in the long term will serve me well. I can keep a close eye on them now and easily make changes further down the line if I need to.”
Jessica says she has been very impressed by the customer service offered by Interactive Investor.
“The secure messaging system is excellent and I always get a quick and helpful response to any questions. The value for money is really very good.”
What advice would you give to your younger self around pension savings?
“To choose the maximum option for contributions into my work pensions rather than routinely selecting to pay in the smallest sum. At the time I didn’t think I could afford more – but I’m sure I would have been just fine without it.”
Use our toolkit to find how to review your old pensions.
Open a SIPP
Open a SIPP or add one to your existing account.
Act now and save an extra £70
Open a SIPP by 31 August 2020 and pay no SIPP fee until April 2021. This means your service plan fee covers you for all of your investment accounts. Following the offer period, the ii SIPP fee is only £10 a month more. Terms apply
£0 SIPP fee promotion terms and conditions¹
- No SIPP fee shall be charged to all new ii SIPP accounts until April 2021 (the “Offer”) that are opened from and including 3 March 2020 to and including 31 August 2020¹ (the “Offer Period”). This shall include instances where a participant has submitted a full and complete application for a new ii SIPP account during the Offer Period but the account is not yet opened, where such delay is not attributable to the acts or omissions of the participant.
- The Offer is open to new and existing customers.
- These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with the ii SIPP Terms. In the event of a conflict between these terms and conditions and the ii SIPP Terms, these terms shall prevail.
- After the Offer has ended, the SIPP fee you will be required to pay will be as set out in our Rates and Charges.
- All other fees, for example a drawdown fee which is applied once you start to take retirement benefits, are not subject to this Offer and shall continue to apply notwithstanding.
- We reserve the right to alter, withdraw or amend this Offer and/or these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- All participants to this Offer agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Interactive Investor Services Limited (“IISL”) is the promoter of this offer. The registered office for IISL is Exchange Court, Duncombe Street, Leeds LS1 4AX.
¹ Updated 31 July 2020